Northern Ireland Gaa League

Started by shitzroy, May 04, 2007, 08:15:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

southderryman

my apologies hardstation! slight spelling error there, perhaps i shouldnt be on this thing at 2am again incase i leave out a letter!! nice quote mcivor there, u really captured that loughshore accent perfectly! :) :)

BallyhaiseMan "5711" was a slogan loyalist thugs regularly plastered everywhere round this area anywhere a year or 2 ago, i was to do with the letters of the alpahabet:

5  = E, 7 = G, 1 = A

5711 therefore meant "exterminate GAA"

BallyhaiseMan

i was reading in one of the Gaelic Life editions from the end of March,That GAA members names up round your area were found on a loyalist death list or something like that.We down south definetely take our freedom and safety playing the game we have for granted.

BallyhaiseMan

5711 eh, Exterminate the  GAA,
sounds alot like those British Facist White Nationalist Party who put up posters wanting the GAA to disband  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

Syd The Sailor

Quote from: hardstation on May 05, 2007, 02:31:07 AM
QuoteAmhán Na bhFiann
Exposed - southderryman is Jonaton Ross. :D
This is actually true. Brian Mc Ivor, manager of the national football champions Donegal has made a statement,
"Thus (This) us (is) a dusgrace (disgrace), whatdya call it (hesitation), thut (that) we huve (have) bun (been) left out un (on) a, whatdya call it (hesitation) lumb (limb). We huve (have) no provincial, whatdya call it (hesitation) chumpionshup (championship) to whatdya call it (hesitation) play un (in) and cyant (can't) whatdya call it (hesitation) progress to tha (the) whatdya call it (hesitation) Ull (All) Irelan (Ireland). Ut's (It's) not fair!!!

:D   :D    :D  I think Mc Ivor is hilarious, i didnt think anyone had picked up on his habit of saying "whatdya call it" !! Maybe he needs to go to media training a la Steve McClaren to make him more "smooth" !
"I coulda been a contender.....i could've been somebody"

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: shitzroy on May 04, 2007, 08:15:45 PM
My local DUP concillor told me that Ian Paisley is supposed to be meeting members of the Ulster council within the next 6 months so that he can discuss restructuring of the Gaa in Northern Ieland. Apparently they want to separate the 6 counties away from the 26 and form our own northern ireland gaa championship, pulling out of the all-ireland. Counties would be restructured to make more teams like south derry and north derry etc.. This is supposedly to make the gaa more "protestant-friendly" and was even discussed during the sf/dup talks according to him. can anyone shed some light on this? and what do you all think, i wouldnt be opposed to it, it would definately stop any whinging from the southerners.

Is this guys real name not BULLshitzroy!  :D
Tbc....

Doire abú

Quote from: Fishead_Sam on May 05, 2007, 03:00:45 PM
Im pretty sure one or two of the Leitrim lads that won the Connacht Title in 1994 wher Protestants, the present County structure wasn't considered Protestant Unfriendly to them, actually if anyone knows those players names can they remind me, this was an old fact! that was stored in the back of my head which has just sprung after 13 years since that nighmare period of 4-5 years, when we lost to Leitrim in Connacht Final, lost to Cork in All-Ireland Semi by 5-10 to 0.15(or somthing like that), Castlebar Mitchells where beaten by even more in the All-Ireland Club Final by Nemo Rangers and Galway actually managed to "bate Mayo" as per the Saw Doctors song of that period and Roscommonn where better than us, the Rossies & Leitrim put up far better opposition to Meath & Dublin than we did to Cork in the Semis, Brian McDonald had Mayo pushing cars around carparks & Jack O'Sea was wearing Kerry socks when he was managing us against Kerry in the league. O what a dark dark time.

lol thats a great post.

Zapatista

Quote from: Louper on May 04, 2007, 09:20:17 PM
ridiculous! and prob best a good idea to stop callin northern ireland therfore recognising the partition of the country which the GAA doesnt do. officially that is.

Yes they do

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/northern_ireland/6160200.stm

thejuice

Wow, I never saw this thread the first time around. funny stuff,

What were they going to rename the Tyrone team, The Red Hand (blanket) Defenders?
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

western exile

This is the best  wind up for ages  ;D

But while we are at it, we should disband the IRFU for allowing a Monaghan man (Tommy Bowe) play for Ulster for so long.....

Maroon Heaven

I fecking like the Idea.....

Would stop all the arguments in Antrim by Having a Belfast Team and a Country team......

10 ways this could work.....

1 - Newsletter to sponsor it
2 - Call the Cup the Jeffrey Donaldon Cup
3 - Final to be played on the 12th of July annually at Casement with cup been presented to winning Captain at Shaw's Bridge later in day after winning captain is lifted shoulder high down Stockman's lane
4 - Jackie Fullerton as a celebrity Banestoir for the North Down Team
5 - An official recognition that we have 2 teams in Derry - Derry City and Co. Londonderry and South Armagh to play all their home matches in Bessbrook
6 - The Shankill Boys Band to walk before the teams on Final day and pressure on Snow Patrol to put them on next album cover. (When Parading all teams are asked to march and don a sash)
7 - SS Moore's in Belfast to give over a Window Display in centre of Belfast for all the Jersies of the teams
8 - Steve Beacon to be Official GAA sports reporter for the Telegraph
9 - For Hurling the Hurl head to be more curled and its name changed to "Hockey Stick" to make it user Friendly
10 - No games to be played on a Sunday

magickingdom

i think tyrone are afraid of us and are trying to get out of a rematch ;)

ziggysego

I think 2003, 2005 and 2008 proved that Tyrone have nothing to fear ;)
Testing Accessibility

Mike Sheehy

At least we dont run and hide every time we win an AI. Proper champions defend their title.

whiskeysteve

Wise your head. theres only 1 county for yous to beat in your farce of a provincial championship
Somewhere, somehow, someone's going to pay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPhISgw3I2w

stew

Quote from: southderryman on May 05, 2007, 01:50:30 AM
he'd fookin needa be on a wind up!

wat next?

changin the names of armagh to the orange order? tyrone inevitably being linked with sum clever name incorporatin the red hand? and......god forbid.....the whole L/derry debate!

U had better be on a fookin wind up. will the "northern ireland" championship final be played at the maze with god save that english tr**p instead of Amhán Na bhFiann?? why dont we go all out and just play soccer or hockey instead and wave "5711" banners everywher!!  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

We in Armagh have links to the Orange Order, shure didnt a lodge donate a set of jerseys to the county team back in the thirties.

Why do you think we wear orange?????
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.