Singers/Vocalists you hate

Started by BennyCake, November 04, 2016, 05:24:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Captain Obvious

Justin Bieber
Nicki Minaj
Shakira

Orior

Quote from: Captain Obvious on November 04, 2016, 09:15:32 PM
Justin Bieber
Nicki Minaj
Shakira

She is a singer? Geez, never realised as I was distracted.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

JoG2

Quote from: Orior on November 04, 2016, 05:43:01 PM
Bono - I think a very unnatural singer but has trained his voice

I know ireland as a nation has an irrational hatred towards u2,  but Orior,  seriously,  that line is absolutely ridiculous.  Why not just say " Bono,  as I think he's a cnut".  He's a brilliant singer imo and I've zero gra for U2

5 Sams

Quote from: JoG2 on November 04, 2016, 10:04:12 PM

I know ireland as a nation has an irrational hatred towards u2,  but Orior,  seriously,  that line is absolutely ridiculous.  Why not just say " Bono,  as I think he's a cnut".  He's a brilliant singer imo and I've zero gra for U2

Agree 100% about Bono's voice JOG2..while there are other examples this is brilliant imho...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytRekLUX3GE
The Aristocrat Years

BennyCake

Bono is a tit. Can't stand the bollix. But he can hold a note. That's about it. He's no Pavarotti like.

Jell 0 Biafra

For me, it's not about holding a note.  Mariah Carey can do that, and she's complete shite (as is everyone who thinks singing is about producing every note known to man in the one word).  For me, it's about inducing a feeling, raising the hairs on the back of the neck and that's always going to be subjective. Bono doesn't do it for me, but he's certainly not a terrrible singer. 

ONeill

Mariah Carey is not complete shite.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Jell 0 Biafra

BennyCake

I suppose for this thread it's singers you can't listen to and have to turn off. Repulsed by their voice.

Jell 0 Biafra

Quote from: BennyCake on November 04, 2016, 11:29:14 PM
I suppose for this thread it's singers you can't listen to and have to turn off. Repulsed by their voice.

Yeah, that's it exactly for me.  Mariah came on in the supermarket the other day and I had to leave. 

STREET FIGHTER

BarryBreensBandage

Quote from: 5 Sams on November 04, 2016, 10:17:50 PM
Quote from: JoG2 on November 04, 2016, 10:04:12 PM

Agree 100% about Bono's voice JOG2..while there are other examples this is brilliant imho...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytRekLUX3GE

+1 - great example as well

On the other threads I have agreed that the Edge and Larry Mullen are good but not great (you could also put Adam Clayton in this bracket), the standout part of U2's music is Bono's voice.
Especially live, was always amazed at how good he, and the band, sounded live - always loved this performance:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqh1pPS5vQU

"Some people say I am indecisive..... maybe I am, maybe I'm not".

armaghniac

BBC 4 midnight, Top of the Pops 1982 Mike Read presents the edition from July 29, featuring Dexy's Midnight Runners, Hot Chocolate, Elkie Brooks, David Essex, Yazoo, Paul McCartney, Irene Cara and Cliff Richard.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

BarryBreensBandage

Quote from: BennyCake on November 04, 2016, 11:21:24 PM
Bono is a tit. Can't stand the bollix. But he can hold a note. That's about it. He's no Pavarotti like.

I bet Kurt Cobain was called that in his lifetime - and Bowie, Morrison, Hendrix - only thing Bono did wrong was survive.
If he had have died from a drug overdose, wasting all that God given talent, twenty years ago, we would be flying into Dublin Bono airport by now, and no Irishman would be calling him a tit.
"Some people say I am indecisive..... maybe I am, maybe I'm not".