A Tyrone book

Started by seafoid, October 23, 2016, 12:19:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Take Your Points

Where is Christy O'Connor in all of this mess?  His role as ghost writer was prominent enough to credit him so clearly.

Why did he include the incident with the girl in the book? Did he know the full facts?

seafoid

Gilroy was using info in the public domain

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/news/exclusive-late-late-with-controversial-tyrone-star-must-not-go-ahead-father-of-girl-15-who-met-gaa-player-after-tinder-match-35150212.html

After a few weeks of conversing with women online he decided to meet up with one of them.
"I was texting this girl from Kildare, We arranged to meet that night in Kildare town. I was on my way to a GA [Gamblers Anonymous] meeting in Athy. I know the contradiction is ridiculous.
"The girl said she drove an old-style Jaguar. She sent me a picture of the car. I think it was red."
He explained that she had spoken about college and he told her about his job during "harmless online chat".
"When we met she looked at least nineteen or twenty."
McCarron claims that the first time he realised the girl was in fact 15 was two weeks later when her father called him at work.
He said that when he learned this "a weakness came over" him.
"I was in shock. I also felt I hadn't the right to say anything to the man. Part of me could understand his anger."
He admits that a week later he was interviewed by two gardaí in Kildare station about the incident. This was the same night as the GAA All Stars function in the Convention Centre in Dublin.
He said: "I made a mistake, but this was the most innocent misjudgement I ever made."
In July of this year the DPP decided not to prosecute McCarron over the case and in a letter sent to the girl's parents a senior prosecutor outlines that the defence of "honest mistake" was accepted by the office.
"In this case there was evidence to support this defence. The suspect and your daughter initially made contact on a website that required legal age to be on the website of 18 years of age. Her Facebook page had a date of birth which showed her to be 19 years of age. The suspect said he believed her to be 19 years of age.
"The lawyer concluded that it would not be possible for the prosecution to overcome this defence and that therefore there was no reasonable prospect of a conviction."
The victim's father explained that he was not aware that his daughter was meeting with McCarron on October 22, 2015.
"My daughter wouldn't have many friends. She never goes out, she never goes to a teenage disco. None of that ever goes on.
"We were curtailing the amount of time she spent online. But we weren't monitoring it very closely."
He continued: "That Monday night she asked to go to meet her friend for coffee from school. She showed me the text where they arranged to meet. I dropped her up the road to Kildare Village. She was dropped at 6pm and she was to be picked up at 7pm.
"Her mother went in at 7 and there was no sign of her. The place was closed, panic started and I got a bad feeling. I said 'there is something wrong here'.
"Eventually she turned up outside Tesco at twenty past seven. So we gave her a telling off and the whole lot."
He continued: "We didn't know anything until she went to school the next day, that was Tuesday. We got word back then. A neighbour rang my wife and said that our daughter was going around the school and telling everyone that she was with a guy"

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: seafoid on December 02, 2016, 07:13:21 PM

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/news/exclusive-late-late-with-controversial-tyrone-star-must-not-go-ahead-father-of-girl-15-who-met-gaa-player-after-tinder-match-35150212.html

After a few weeks of conversing with women online he decided to meet up with one of them.
"I was texting this girl from Kildare, We arranged to meet that night in Kildare town. I was on my way to a GA [Gamblers Anonymous] meeting in Athy. I know the contradiction is ridiculous.
"The girl said she drove an old-style Jaguar. She sent me a picture of the car. I think it was red."
He explained that she had spoken about college and he told her about his job during "harmless online chat".
McCarron claims that the first time he realised the girl was in fact 15 was two weeks later when her father called him at work.
"I was in shock. I also felt I hadn't the right to say anything to the man. Part of me could understand his anger."
He admits that a week later he was interviewed by two gardaí in Kildare station about the incident. This was the same night as the GAA All Stars function in the Convention Centre in Dublin.
He said: "I made a mistake, but this was the most innocent misjudgement I ever made."
In July of this year the DPP decided not to prosecute McCarron over the case and in a letter sent to the girl's parents a senior prosecutor outlines that the defence of "honest mistake" was accepted by the office.
"In this case there was evidence to support this defence. The suspect and your daughter initially made contact on a website that required legal age to be on the website of 18 years of age. Her Facebook page had a date of birth which showed her to be 19 years of age. The suspect said he believed her to be 19 years of age.
"The lawyer concluded that it would not be possible for the prosecution to overcome this defence and that therefore there was no reasonable prospect of a conviction."
The victim's father explained that he was not aware that his daughter was meeting with McCarron on October 22, 2015.
"My daughter wouldn't have many friends. She never goes out, she never goes to a teenage disco. None of that ever goes on.
"We were curtailing the amount of time she spent online. But we weren't monitoring it very closely."
He continued: "That Monday night she asked to go to meet her friend for coffee from school. She showed me the text where they arranged to meet. I dropped her up the road to Kildare Village. She was dropped at 6pm and she was to be picked up at 7pm.
"Her mother went in at 7 and there was no sign of her. The place was closed, panic started and I got a bad feeling. I said 'there is something wrong here'.
"Eventually she turned up outside Tesco at twenty past seven. So we gave her a telling off and the whole lot."
He continued: "We didn't know anything until she went to school the next day, that was Tuesday. We got word back then. A neighbour rang my wife and said that our daughter was going around the school and telling everyone that she was with a guy"

The allegation McCarron had sex with the girl was not in the public domain?

The inference that he got off on a technicality rather than he was duped into believing he was not committing a crime is quite a dangerous line of questioning to go down.

What age, morally, does a person become accountable for their actions? Surely the girl's family have to acknowledge her role in this? Is her age really a complete exoneration for her role?

Main Street

The information that girl was tested for HIV/stds was in the public domain and that was the context for Gilroy to ask the question. He explained the context in the interview.
Being tested for stds implies sexual intercourse.

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: Main Street on December 02, 2016, 08:43:32 PM
The information that girl was tested for HIV/stds was in the public domain and that was the context for Gilroy to ask the question. He explained the context in the interview.
Being tested for stds implies sexual intercourse.

Where was that information in the public domain?

seafoid

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on December 02, 2016, 08:06:22 PM

The inference that he got off on a technicality rather than he was duped into believing he was not committing a crime is quite a dangerous line of questioning to go down.

What age, morally, does a person become accountable for their actions? Surely the girl's family have to acknowledge her role in this? Is her age really a complete exoneration for her role?

I don't think many paedos would get away with that defence. She was 15 and a child
Tom Humphries destroyed his life and career over a 14 year old who may have been egging him on. who knows `?But in the eyes of the law she was a child.

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: seafoid on December 02, 2016, 09:20:38 PM

I don't think many paedos would get away with that defence. She was 15 and a child
Tom Humphries destroyed his life and career over a 14 year old who may have been egging him on. who knows `?But in the eyes of the law she was a child.

I think you should flesh that out a bit more.

Are you inferring McCarron knew the girl was underage, if you are then just come out and say it. The DPP accept that there is no evidence to suggest so and as far as this matter goes, it seems to be uncontested that McCarron was unaware of the fact she was underage.

The issue seems to be that McCarron should feel to need to show remorse to the girl and her family, I'm wondering why this is one way though?

McCarron was the subject of some pretty unsettling allegations that was carried by national media and was subject to a criminal investigation. Should the girl and her father come out and show remorse on this. Maybe the reaction to this with McCarron is karma catching up on him but I definitely feel it's his past going before him on this matter.

StephenC

This is a disgusting, filthy comment. Egging him on?? She was a fourteen f**king year old child. Fourteen! She was a child not just in the eyes of the law but in the eyes of any normal human being. Cop yourself on you attention seeking clown.

Syferus

The fact you'd defend Tom Humphries is a very bad sign where your head is at.

Il Bomber Destro

For those of you who remember the last thread, Seafoid had it shut down when he equated the McCarron case to Tom Humphries.

Looks like he is angling for the same result here.

BennyHarp

Wtf is going on in your head? In this one post you are insinuating McCarron is a paedophile, even though the law of the land cleared him. You blame a 14 year for her own abuse and then make a strange comment about "in the eyes of the law" as if a 14 year old isn't a child in the eyes of EVERYONE!! You need to go and lie down, your desire to post as many times as possible, on every thread leaves you posting utter diarrhea.
That was never a square ball!!

seafoid

Quote from: StephenC on December 02, 2016, 09:42:31 PM

This is a disgusting, filthy comment. Egging him on?? She was a fourteen f**king year old child. Fourteen! She was a child not just in the eyes of the law but in the eyes of any normal human being. Cop yourself on you attention seeking clown.

Bomber asked if her age is a complete exoneration and the answer is yes.
That is the status under the law.

There's no need to get all excited. It does not matter what a child does in a case like this

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: seafoid on December 03, 2016, 02:02:36 AM
Quote from: StephenC on December 02, 2016, 09:42:31 PM

Bomber asked if her age is a complete exoneration and the answer is yes.
That is the status under the law.

There's no need to get all excited. It does not matter what a child does in a case like this

Why is her age a complete exoneration, morally?

If you are talking about a legal context, McCarron was investigated and it concluded he had no charges to answer.

vallankumous

This page is a mess with the abuse of the quote function.

macdanger2

If McCarron is going to go on radio publicising his book then surely he expects these kinds of questions. Pretty stupid not to be prepared for it - probably by making a simple apology and then saying he's unable to talk about it further.

Came across as a narcissistic tosser as well