Connacht Club Championships 2016

Started by revsperminute, October 07, 2016, 01:49:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GalwayBayBoy

Better last 10 minutes anyway once the ref stopped blowing his whistle every 5 seconds.

Cunny Funt

Game improved last five mins. Castlebar have to be the happier of the two sides going into extra time.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: moysider on November 13, 2016, 03:07:26 PM
Hope there isn't extra time. I don t think I could suffer more of this. Awful crap sport when played like this.
Few good games at senior club or county nowadays, modern football for you.

galwayman

I dunno I think there's still a lot of good games at club level.
Less so county

Owenmoresider

Hope there isn't extra time. I don t think I could suffer more of this. Awful crap sport when played like this.
It'd be one thing if I had an interest in either side playing, but am fed up with these two and Brigid's perennially being in the Connacht club. The wonderful novelty that the club championships often provide isn't happening out west at the minute, it's as predictable as the inter county scene.

moysider

Corofin more likely. They do fewer stupid things and far more patient and economical. Castlebar far too rash in defence and in possession.

moysider

The last free Castlebar gave up and butchering that goal chance after sums up Castlebar today for me.

Cunny Funt

Quote from: Owenmoresider on November 13, 2016, 03:34:12 PM
It'd be one thing if I had an interest in either side playing, but am fed up with these two and Brigid's perennially being in the Connacht club. The wonderful novelty that the club championships often provide isn't happening out west at the minute, it's as predictable as the inter county scene.
In fairness this Castlebar side only "arrived" in 2013 when they won their first senior county and provincial titles for years and years.

galwayman

Corofin not putting them away though.
Some bad option taking in the red zone.

GalwayBayBoy

That was an awful soft free to bring it back to 2.

An Fhairche Abu

The ref has been the outstanding player for Mitchels here

Syferus

Quote from: Cunny Funt on November 13, 2016, 03:47:40 PM
In fairness this Castlebar side only "arrived" in 2013 when they won their first senior county and provincial titles for years and years.

Looks like they're going away.

What Brigids and Corofin have done, country clubs that have stayed at the top of the provincial for a decade or so, is incredible. The turnover of players in that period is what makes it special, there's only a few survivors of the 2006 Connacht final between the sides. Mitchels have so many advantages they're not really in the same conversation as the other two.

Hell of a game in store in Carrick in two weeks.

Cunny Funt

No question the better side won that game and its hard to see Corofin beaten in the final. Castlebar are a team with a lack of point scorers from play they rely on goals and when they fail to score any they rarely win.

moysider

Very tame exit from Mitchels. It's been a long couple of years for Castlebar and they looked flat and even disinterested. Might explain dreadful decision making a lot of the time.

Owenmoresider

Quote from: Syferus on November 13, 2016, 03:58:54 PM
Quote from: Cunny Funt on November 13, 2016, 03:47:40 PM

Looks like they're going away.

What Brigids and Corofin have done, country clubs that have stayed at the top of the provincial for a decade or so, is incredible. The turnover of players in that period is what makes it special, there's only a few survivors of the 2006 Connacht final between the sides. Mitchels have so many advantages they're not really in the same conversation as the other two.

Hell of a game in store in Carrick in two weeks.
It's not like either are tiny wee half-parish clubs though.