Ryder Cup thread ???

Started by Minder, October 02, 2016, 10:36:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

No wides

Quote from: laoislad on October 04, 2016, 04:14:02 PM
Quote from: Megaman on October 04, 2016, 02:10:11 PM
although i didnt really care who won, it was great viewing, the golf on show was incredible and i wouldn't miss it.
It's brilliant entertainment. I wanted Europe to win but didn't lose any sleep over them losing.  Hard to beat Golf for sporting drama imo.

Even better than your home club Liverpool.  ;)

Applesisapples

As someone else said I find it hard to support a European team, the fact that there were no Irish Golfers just made it easier to support the yanks as I like the way Phil, Reed and Speith play.

dec

Quote from: Applesisapples on October 04, 2016, 04:45:15 PM
As someone else said I find it hard to support a European team, the fact that there were no Irish Golfers just made it easier to support the yanks as I like the way Phil, Reed and Speith play.

Top trolling.

stew

Quote from: No wides on October 04, 2016, 12:41:18 PM
Quote from: Orior on October 04, 2016, 12:24:46 PM
Quote from: yellowcard on October 04, 2016, 11:55:37 AM
Quote from: No wides on October 04, 2016, 11:31:00 AM
I can see how the yanks could get passionate about their country but how can anyone get passionate about golf a continent!

It's a bit like the Lions tour, you want to see the Irish players do well but other than that in all reality you couldn't really care less who wins it.

The Lions tour is much worse. I want to see Ireland beat the New Zealand, but couldnt give two fiddlers about the Lions.

Having said that, the Ryder Cup pits a country against a continent, which does not sound fair, but is fair when you consider the World Rankings.

Why not just get the top 24 players in the world, alternate them into two teams and call them the invincible's and the majestic ones!  The competition would probably mean as much as this bag of shite.

What planet are you living on?

The yanks put on a masterclass on Sunday on the art of putting, Garcia v Michelson was incredible,theatre and one of the best singles matches of all time, the players live it, the fans love,,it, the sponsors love it but you think of the Ryder Cup is a load of shite!

You must hate golf if you watched this tournament and were not in awe of the incredible play on offer
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

No wides

Who said I watched it. I would rather watch piss trickle down a hill

Orior

Quote from: stew on October 05, 2016, 06:13:33 PM
Quote from: No wides on October 04, 2016, 12:41:18 PM
Quote from: Orior on October 04, 2016, 12:24:46 PM
Quote from: yellowcard on October 04, 2016, 11:55:37 AM
Quote from: No wides on October 04, 2016, 11:31:00 AM
I can see how the yanks could get passionate about their country but how can anyone get passionate about golf a continent!

It's a bit like the Lions tour, you want to see the Irish players do well but other than that in all reality you couldn't really care less who wins it.

The Lions tour is much worse. I want to see Ireland beat the New Zealand, but couldnt give two fiddlers about the Lions.

Having said that, the Ryder Cup pits a country against a continent, which does not sound fair, but is fair when you consider the World Rankings.

Why not just get the top 24 players in the world, alternate them into two teams and call them the invincible's and the majestic ones!  The competition would probably mean as much as this bag of shite.

What planet are you living on?

The yanks put on a masterclass on Sunday on the art of putting, Garcia v Michelson was incredible,theatre and one of the best singles matches of all time, the players live it, the fans love,,it, the sponsors love it but you think of the Ryder Cup is a load of shite!

You must hate golf if you watched this tournament and were not in awe of the incredible play on offer

I watched it end to end. The USA had some very lucky long putts.

By the way, who were the Ryder Cup sponsors?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Applesisapples

Quote from: dec on October 04, 2016, 04:51:15 PM
Quote from: Applesisapples on October 04, 2016, 04:45:15 PM

Top trolling.
Not trolling, McIlroy has said as much and choose to use that Ulster rag beloved of all our loyal British subjects in the North.

Mikhailov

Quote from: lurganblue on October 04, 2016, 04:14:26 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 04, 2016, 03:19:44 PM
was good viewing, regardless of whether you're into golf or not!! As for who wins well, as long as its a tight game I'm not bother... Hopefully I'll take some tips into my annual golf weekend (once a year i play) to Knightsbrook in Trim this weekend... Good course?

just played two rounds of it two weekends ago on my annual weekend away (i play a similar amount to yourself and mainly go for the porter).  That was my 1st time playing that course and i was well impressed. great course, but i found it very long and therefore difficult.

very decent course but will play very long in this weather. Last time I played it 6 months ago it was in great condition, fairways and greens very good. Overall a good test of golf with many enjoyable holes. Holes 2, 5, 8, 13, 14, 17 stand out but it is all about your own opinion as to what testifies as a good hole. enjoy it

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Mikhailov on October 06, 2016, 08:35:31 AM
was good viewing, regardless of whether you're into golf or not!! As for who wins well, as long as its a tight game I'm not bother... Hopefully I'll take some tips into my annual golf weekend (once a year i play) to Knightsbrook in Trim this weekend... Good course?

just played two rounds of it two weekends ago on my annual weekend away (i play a similar amount to yourself and mainly go for the porter).  That was my 1st time playing that course and i was well impressed. great course, but i found it very long and therefore difficult.

very decent course but will play very long in this weather. Last time I played it 6 months ago it was in great condition, fairways and greens very good. Overall a good test of golf with many enjoyable holes. Holes 2, 5, 8, 13, 14, 17 stand out but it is all about your own opinion as to what testifies as a good hole. enjoy it

Was a cracking day of golf ! Course was superb I managed to one put the first 6 holes and the last 8!! The ball just went in and our team came in one under par to get second place! But Christ my other parts of the game is crap, golf is a difficult sport to be consistent, I wouldn't mind giving it a go but flip it takes up a lot of time!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Two Hands FFS

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 08, 2016, 12:26:25 PM

Was a cracking day of golf ! Course was superb I managed to one put the first 6 holes and the last 8!! The ball just went in and our team came in one under par to get second place! But Christ my other parts of the game is crap, golf is a difficult sport to be consistent, I wouldn't mind giving it a go but flip it takes up a lot of time!
Lee Westwood could do with giving you a shout

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Two Hands FFS on October 08, 2016, 01:32:32 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 08, 2016, 12:26:25 PM

Lee Westwood could do with giving you a shout

Approach play was embarrassing!! Main reason I don't play
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea