Big Sam

Started by BennyHarp, September 26, 2016, 11:11:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

laoislad

Quote from: Cunny Funt on September 27, 2016, 07:54:51 PM
The buckeens on sky sport news want Glen Hoddle to replace big Sam  ::) Hoddle should never ever be allowed to manage England again after the disgraceful comments he gave.
If he had made the same comments about black people or Gays he would never have been heard from again.
Disabled people though are fair game apparently.

I think Steve Bruce will get it. I agree with whoever said who would want it anyway.  It really is a poisoned chalice.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

pullhard

manuel pellegrini could be a decent shout

BennyHarp

He really is a complete idiot. Clearly a job he sought his whole career then blows it like this over a few pound. Just sums up professional football where money and crookedness appear to trump everything else. I can't imagine Gareth Southgate will have too many skeletons in his closet. Looks like he will be the safe option.
That was never a square ball!!

Shamrock Shore

Hard to feel sorry for t'daft bugger.

I have as much interest in England as the next man - but I scream when I hear Hoddle mentioned.

He's a tool and his comments back in last 90s were unforgivable.

I'd love to see this man get a chance to rebuild his rep!

Orior

I wonder does the reporter from the Daily Telegraph feel proud. Will be get a bonus? Did the end justify the means? Is entrapment legal?

You can be sure, some useless clown will get the job now.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

LCohen

Quote from: Orior on September 27, 2016, 08:22:59 PM
I wonder does the reporter from the Daily Telegraph feel proud. Will be get a bonus? Did the end justify the means? Is entrapment legal?

What did the journo do wrong?

The Torygraph is not my paper of choice but it does have a history of picking up in the rumour of a scandal and doing the leg work to bring the story out. The expenses scandal being the best case in point. The grapevine says there is a lot more to come but not about Sam

seafoid

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on September 27, 2016, 08:08:11 PM
Hard to feel sorry for t'daft bugger.

I have as much interest in England as the next man - but I scream when I hear Hoddle mentioned.

He's a tool and his comments back in last 90s were unforgivable.

I'd love to see this man get a chance to rebuild his rep!

Cos he is the gaffer

LCohen

Quote from: Boycey on September 27, 2016, 07:39:36 PM
I wonder what else has to come out? I thought he'd have been able to muddle through based on what came out today..

The recorded statements on third party player ownership were enough to do for him.

If the story is correct that 5 agents and 8 british based managers have been recorded saying similar then the FA will have to sit in judgement on those cases. How could they do that and retain Sam? What is clubs were to sack their manager to enforce an FA rule and the FA didn't sack theirs?

square_ball

Quote from: LCohen on September 27, 2016, 08:27:13 PM

The Torygraph is not my paper of choice but it does have a history of picking up in the rumour of a scandal and doing the leg work to bring the story out. The expenses scandal being the best case in point. The grapevine says there is a lot more to come but not about Sam

Which is probably why they have appointed southgate for a spell as it would be quite embarrassing if the next manager was on this list of names.

LCohen

Quote from: square_ball on September 27, 2016, 08:50:08 PM
Quote from: LCohen on September 27, 2016, 08:27:13 PM

Which is probably why they have appointed southgate for a spell as it would be quite embarrassing if the next manager was on this list of names.

I would guess that the FA know who is on the Telegraph list.

Southgate got the job because he is on the inside and the games are coming up soon.

FA chairman has just said that Southgate has what it takes to get the lads ready for Malta in 14 days. To be fair Thomas Cook could do the job if that is where they are setting the benchmark

pullhard

Should same be let to manager in England again?

seafoid

The English media are vicious with the England manager.  I remember Graham Taylor and the abuse. And the team is always useless. Very English.

ziggy90

Questions that shouldn't be asked shouldn't be answered

GJL

Got to laugh at Alan Shearer giving out about Big Sam making England a laughing stock. A bit late Alan, the laughing started a long time ago.  ;D

square_ball

Who else is on that list then? For a start id say Pardew, Redknapp and Bruce.