All Ireland Final Replay 1st October 2016 Dublin vs Mayo

Started by Hereiam, September 21, 2016, 10:42:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dublin7

Quote from: Chimley on October 01, 2016, 10:40:38 PM
Well I'm back home and filling up on alcohol. This was a very tough day and one that was always a probability once we heard the teams. The dub campaign against Keegan worked a treat and Deegan was a coward to fall for it.
Dublin had the better bench and that was key though. If we hadn't thrown them about 1-8 in scorable frees, we would have made it tougher on them.
I have to agree that he gave us very soft frees in the second half but the damage was already done at that stage.
AOS has never played well against the Dubs. They have his number.

Well done to the dubs and they have a magnificent team.
You sir are an idiot and deluded. If Keegan doesn't foul Connolly he is one on one with the keeper for a goal. Mayo's defender's were magnificent but their forwards were shite. ThAt's why they lost. Minnows

Chimley

Quote from: dublin7 on October 01, 2016, 10:46:58 PM
Quote from: Chimley on October 01, 2016, 10:40:38 PM
Well I'm back home and filling up on alcohol. This was a very tough day and one that was always a probability once we heard the teams. The dub campaign against Keegan worked a treat and Deegan was a coward to fall for it.
Dublin had the better bench and that was key though. If we hadn't thrown them about 1-8 in scorable frees, we would have made it tougher on them.
I have to agree that he gave us very soft frees in the second half but the damage was already done at that stage.
AOS has never played well against the Dubs. They have his number.

Well done to the dubs and they have a magnificent team.
You sir are an idiot and deluded. If Keegan doesn't foul Connolly he is one on one with the keeper for a goal. Mayo's defender's were magnificent but their forwards were shite. ThAt's why they lost. Minnows

If it was me, I'd be happy that my team had got out of jail with another AI but you seem to be happier fighting with fans of the losing team. I congratulated your team on winning, but you seem like an asshole so f@ck off.

Jinxy

If you were any use you'd be playing.

muppet

Dear God. Only seeing Keegan's black card now: http://dlvr.it/MMzVLR

Keegan caught by the bad kick out, grabs Connolly but lets go, then Connolly runs with the Aiden O'Shea style arms out for a few steps and then falls over. Just about a free in for the grab of the jersey. No card whatsoever though.
MWWSI 2017

Kurtz

Aidan O'Shea was running around like a headless chicken for most of the game
Cillian O'Connor constantly talking to the ref

ballinaman

Kamikaze stuff today from our point of view. Thought it was a pisstake when I got the call re the switch on the way up.

Congrats to Dublin.

muppet

Quote from: Kurtz on October 01, 2016, 11:20:15 PM
Aidan O'Shea was running around like a headless chicken for most of the game
Cillian O'Connor constantly talking to the ref

The feckers.
MWWSI 2017

chrissears

The sooner we realise that the O'Se brothers are moderate footballers are best the better we will be, no use being a fine physical lump of a man if you can't catch the ball or hold on to it when you have caught it. I am fed up watching them drop the ball or give it away, not their fault we lost but did feck all to win the game. We had a chance in first few minute for a tap over point and went for the goal instead and that set the pattern for the rest of the game.

Rudi

Quote from: rrhf on October 01, 2016, 10:39:24 PM
The black card advocated by pundits has made a mockery of Gaelic football.

No it hasn't .Refrees don't seem to understand how to apply it properly. What Sean Cavanagh did some years back warranted more than a simple free when a goal was clearly on. As I have stated earlier Small should have got a black for that hand trip. Thought Keggan deserved a black, however Smalls black (lack of)was far more warranted.
Fair play to the Mayo supporters on here, no bitterness, have to say I do feel sorry for them. I don't know how they do it. Al least they have a team that fight tooth and nail for the cause unlike our lot. I did state this earlier the goalkeeping change was tragic and ultimately wrong.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Rudi on October 01, 2016, 11:58:56 PM
What Colm Cavanagh did some years back warranted more than a simple free when a goal was clearly on. As I have stated earlier Small should have got a black for that hand trip. Thought Keggan deserved a black, however Smalls black (lack of)was far more warranted...

Sure about that?

Be surer of your facts a bhuachaill! ;)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

dublin7

Connolly through on goal and Keegan pulled him down. Black card end of story. Mayo defenders magnificent but their forwards shot

Rudi

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on October 02, 2016, 12:03:13 AM
Quote from: Rudi on October 01, 2016, 11:58:56 PM
What Colm Cavanagh did some years back warranted more than a simple free when a goal was clearly on. As I have stated earlier Small should have got a black for that hand trip. Thought Keggan deserved a black, however Smalls black (lack of)was far more warranted...

Sure about that?

Be surer of your facts a bhuachaill! ;)

Cheers, apologies for the mistake, few taken.

Wildweasel74

But if you watch on TV Keegan didnt drag him down, Connolly fell, possible yellow earlier when he tugged the jersey but nothing else, Ref inconsistent when small should seen black early on.

orangeman

Fair play to Dublin. The best team won the game. Mayo died with their boots on. Mayo gave it all they had and gave Dublin all they wanted but the Dubs are a super team with an incredible subs bench who in the end won the game for them.

Dublin starting to dominate football in the same way that KK did hurling. They can play it whatever way you want - they can play champagne football and aren't afraid to get into the trenches if they need to.

Dublin deserved this all Ireland - they beat a good donegal team, a brave Kerry team and a Mayo team who refused to lie down.

Wildweasel74

somebody said this dublin team moved into no.2 in the greatest team list, on what basis is that assumption made on, football today not of the same standard of 10yrs ago in my opinion, i wouldn't be confident of this Dublin team beating Tyrone or Kerry teams of a decade ago or the galway team of 15yrs ago in 2011 or today if your judging on the performance.

Dublin wouldn't look so great with 2 instead of 4 sams,  Dublin wouldn't get near 5 in a row, their team actually beginning to slide, with Brogan, Flynn, MDMC all done, they are lucky in my opinion that outside of Mayo no other county has what they would call their golden generation playing,

Dublin are a very good team but not no.2 in my opinion,