All Ireland Final Replay 1st October 2016 Dublin vs Mayo

Started by Hereiam, September 21, 2016, 10:42:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syferus

Quote from: Ballaghman on September 24, 2016, 09:32:48 AM
Quote from: Rudi on September 23, 2016, 09:23:43 PM
A Rossie here, I would always have shouted for Mayo once they got out of Connacht. I admire the teams they have produced pretty much since they beat us in 1985. Their supporters always passionate and not sunshine like the Galway ones. However they really do tend to be the first and last to step on our necks any time we shoot ourselves in the feet, which sadly is far too often in our case. Bad experience with a considerable portion of their supporters at the recent Connacht U21 as well. They really do seem to be preoccupied with us, which is difficult to understand as they have regularly kicked our holes at almost every level for the past 30 years. I ain't proud of it but for the reasons mentioned above I could no longer wish them well, even when they are playing a super power like Dublin.
Ah the classic 'I used to support you but now I don't' line. Rudi, for starters you have your chain of events backwards. From my experience, for most Mayo people Roscommon are an absolute irrelevance. Saying that Mayo are preoccupied with Ross is bordering on delusion. On the border yes it's true but elsewhere it isn't.
Having said that, considering Roscommon's lack of success it's amazing how many Galway and Sligo people I know that despise the football team. It's really us they should hate but ourselves and Galway have a healthy 'respect' for each other and as someone said Sligo are probably better at hiding their hatred for us. You lads are genuinely obsessed with Mayo and give us every reason to dish it back to you, I know that better than most. However, at the risk of sounding like a 12 year old 'you started it'!
One thing I know, these last few weeks Roscommon hasn't been on Mayo's radar too much, can Ross say the same about us!

We have our own messes to take care of rather than worrying about Mayo failing in another AI final, Ballaghman. Win or lose it doesn't effect what we need to do. As a Roscommon man you'd be well aware of that, though.

mayo.mick

mayo for sam-don't ask me what year! :-)
https://michaelmaye.com/mayo-gaa-photos/
@mayo_mick

Hardy

iorras

Quote from: The Hill is Blue on September 24, 2016, 01:28:02 PM
Quote from: criostlinn on September 24, 2016, 10:37:21 AM
Right. Im heading to knock today to do a few novenas. I need a bit of advice. After reading about how the poor dub forwards struggle with the rain I was thinking going all in for rain next Sunday but I was wondering about a back up plan. What about a good gust of wind. How would the greatest forward line ever assembled handle this. Or anyone got any other ideas of something I could pray for that may give of some chance of staying within 10 points of them

Pray that Mayo can summon up the intensity with which they played the last day - not an easy ask. I suspect that if they can't do that they're snookered.
I wouldn't worry about that too much "the Hill is Blue and Green and Red", we've managed to bring it over the past 5 championship encounters so the 6th is probably a dead cert. Just let ye make sure they jersies are made of more than crepe paper next Saturday

Farrandeelin

Where are the Mayo ex players? Not a peep from them. Dublin's attempt to get Keegan sent off early is gathering pace. Not one Mayoman calling bullshit to it all.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Lar Naparka

Quote from: Farrandeelin on September 27, 2016, 07:02:14 PM
Where are the Mayo ex players? Not a peep from them. Dublin's attempt to get Keegan sent off early is gathering pace. Not one Mayoman calling bullshit to it all.
???
I don't follow you Farr; who are the ex-players you have in mind?
Mind you, if the Dubs want to talk about dirty feckers acting the tr**p, they need look no further than Philly McMahon. The only difference is that O'Shea can take care of him without losing the cool, not like Connolly who'll go apeshit long before Keegan gets caught. ;D ;D
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Lar Naparka on September 27, 2016, 07:21:09 PM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on September 27, 2016, 07:02:14 PM
???
I don't follow you Farr; who are the ex-players you have in mind?
Mind you, if the Dubs want to talk about dirty feckers acting the tr**p, they need look no further than Philly McMahon. The only difference is that O'Shea can take care of him without losing the cool, not like Connolly who'll go apeshit long before Keegan gets caught. ;D ;D
The likes of BJP. I know there is damn all ex Mayo players as pundits, but surely Dublin can't have a free rein on the targeting of one individual. I'm afraid to say David Brady, because he could come out with anything!!
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

blast05

Could you imagine the crack if Deegan decided to act on all this propaganda bullshit by issuing an early yellow to Keegan and then a 2nd yellow at some stage while letting Connolly off the hook.
Regardless of the rights or wrongs of such a scenario, the consequence would mean the 'bull' from the Limerick replay would have a stampede alongside him.
The thing is i don't believe Deegan would be foolish enough to do this even in the very improbable scenario that it would be justified.

Question...
How many times has Keegan been sent off in his career? Twice - once in the Kerry draw in 2014 for a silly & petty reaction to Kerry provocation and once with a double yellow in club championship
How many times for Connolly ?

From the Bunker

Quote from: blast05 on September 27, 2016, 09:20:14 PM
Could you imagine the crack if Deegan decided to act on all this propaganda bullshit by issuing an early yellow to Keegan and then a 2nd yellow at some stage while letting Connolly off the hook.
Regardless of the rights or wrongs of such a scenario, the consequence would mean the 'bull' from the Limerick replay would have a stampede alongside him.
The thing is i don't believe Deegan would be foolish enough to do this even in the very improbable scenario that it would be justified.

Question...
How many times has Keegan been sent off in his career? Twice - once in the Kerry draw in 2014 for a silly & petty reaction to Kerry provocation and once with a double yellow in club championship
How many times for Connolly ?

You don't get it  - Connolly is the Victim? :P

Wildweasel74

Unless he thumping bystanders in pub, oops, forgot he was the victim there too, for been young, foolish and oh the usual run of blood to the head, you think it was he who ended up with a broken jaw that night, Arise Saint Connolly of the 3 towers lol

macdanger2

It'll be interesting to see what Gavin does with his team selection - Flynn should definitely be dropped for Andrews / Mannion. Chances are it'll be Kevin Mc to lose out though. That said, he'll be a danger coming off the bench. BB and / or MDMA should possibly be gone as well but I doubt either will. McCarthy to midfield would be an option if MDMA were to be dropped, that would give them serious mobility there

For Mayo, you'd imagine that we'll start with the same side unless SOS drops to the bench. That would probably mean Barrett starting and Vaughan playing MF or maybe Coen starting. B Moran isn't mobile enough to play MF in a game where there probably won't be too many contested kickouts.

Jinxy

If you were any use you'd be playing.