All Ireland Final Replay 1st October 2016 Dublin vs Mayo

Started by Hereiam, September 21, 2016, 10:42:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

macdanger2

Buttofthehill

Quote from: joemamas on October 11, 2016, 04:58:17 PM
Quote from: sid waddell on October 11, 2016, 04:15:24 PM
Quote from: joemamas on October 11, 2016, 03:36:30 PM

I was at the game and could clearly see Parsons pointing out to your fellow county man who was no more than ten yards away from incident, of course he did shag all.

Don't think it was a headbut. But still boggles the mind how no action was taken.

You don't know what happened, nobody appears to know what happened.

And yet officials are supposed to "take action" based on something nobody saw?

Sid,

Just thought I might remind you that there also is no Santa Claus.

I welcome all the newbies on the blog, but could all of you have a little common sense, otherwise you won't have a lot of credibility. 

I don't want to turn this into a Mayo V Dublin feud, as most of the long-term Dublin posters on this blog are fairly decent, knowledgeable and gracious supporters.

Yeah, sorry for daring to have a different opinion to you. Thanks for the welcome though.

Rossfan

Quote from: macdanger2 on October 11, 2016, 05:39:14 PM
Ye know the game was 10 days ago, right?
As the 2017 season begins Thursday night this should be locked then.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

criostlinn

Fuzzman

Very simple question lads.
Did anyone here see what exactly caused the cut in Parsons eye?

muppet

Quote from: Fuzzman on October 11, 2016, 10:39:30 PM

Speaking as a Mayoman, if you didn't see it and/or if you have no evidence of anything, please say nothing.

For the record, I saw nothing.
MWWSI 2017

Maroon Manc

Quote from: dublin7 on October 11, 2016, 11:38:32 AM
Kieran Shannon has an excellent piece in the Examiner today pointing out the big difference between the Mayo and Dublin forward lines and the ability of Dublin players to score with either foot.

http://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/columnists/kieran-shannon/dublins-success-cultivated-by-the-team-pillar-caffrey-built-425114.html

Largely ignored by many of the Mayo contingent who get very defensive when you mentioned their lacking of scoring power from their forwards.

blast05

Largely ignored by many of the Mayo contingent

Why would we even give a sh*t ?
Perhaps of equal general interest would be if you re-posted from an article published yesterday (i think from Parkinson but i have no interest in digging it out) about the shambles and joke that is the Dublin club championship.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: macdanger2 on October 11, 2016, 05:39:14 PM
Ye know the game was 10 days ago, right?

Given the length of other post mortem on this board, ten days isn't bad at all!
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

rosnarun

Quote from: Fuzzman on October 11, 2016, 10:39:30 PM
no one seems to have seen it but at the same time most seem to be able to reassure every one there was no head but.
must be another case like John Finn breaking his own Jaw
we do stuff like that in mayo
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

Arielatom

Going from the limited footage I have got to see on the Parsons incident, Philly runs after and grabs Parsons, a tussle ensues and if anything it looks like Parsons lunged at Philly causing the clash of heads. My take it was a complete accident as Parsons would definetiley not throw the head at someone and ther is no evidence that Phillys head moved towards Parsons.

Jinxy

If you were any use you'd be playing.

Arielatom

gammysolo

Would be interesting to find the breakdown of the national paper sales in Mayo.
Then a check back to the journalists who ran the stories on Lee in the build up to the Final.
It our choice whether we want to buy their trash !If you catch where I'm going.
How the national newspapers ( editors) and possibly other media allow themselves be influenced by ex Dublin players in blatant attempts, to influence a referee ,in the week of the Ireland final should be looked at and seriously queried.
It seems to be the Dublin norm that they will control the media at all others expense.What's worse, it seems that this ploy worked, as Lee certainly didn't get the benefit of the doubt.
If the GAA can't/wont do something about it then we as Mayo supporters can.
We can also influence the nationals.
A warning could be issued to the nationals to refrain from printing any derogatory Mayo opinions and anything that can be perceived as an attempt at 'getting at' the referee in big matches.If the national editors, persist then ...............
News paper sales can be the motivating factor to get compliance.
I believe the word Boycott was invented in Mayo.

gammysolo

Quote from: rrhf on October 01, 2016, 10:39:24 PM
The black card advocated by pundits has made a mockery of Gaelic football.
If I were the mayo manager I would be seriously considering withdrawing all interviews with RTE and the national papers next year. Speak to SKY and local mayo papers only, maybe that would focus RTE into looking into the quality of their pundits.
Regarding the all stars, I am finding th bitching form certain Dub social media sites quiet entertaining, the arrogance is amazing really. Personally I dont take much notice to the all stars, really couldnt care if we won any or not. Football is a team sport where the prize is given out in September.