Paddy Power slashes odds on a United Ireland by 2016!

Started by T Fearon, May 03, 2007, 01:09:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T Fearon

Apparently 20/1 against is the best you can get with Paddy on this scenario now.

Now I reckon that if we all placed a pile on this, and each of us could persuade 100 unionists to vote accordingly (with a little financial sweetener of course) on the big day, we could all make a stash (I was going to say killing, but this would be highly inappropriate)

magickingdom

Quote from: T Fearon on May 03, 2007, 01:09:38 PM
Apparently 20/1 against is the best you can get with Paddy on this scenario now.

Now I reckon that if we all placed a pile on this, and each of us could persuade 100 unionists to vote accordingly (with a little financial sweetener of course) on the big day, we could all make a stash (I was going to say killing, but this would be highly inappropriate)

ffs the real tony wasnt that bad at maths....

Evil Genius

If PP are offering you 20 of their pounds/euros in return for one of yours in the event of a United Ireland by 2016, doesn't that mean that they're reasonably confident that they won't have to pay out?  ???

And why would a Unionist wish to vote for a UI in order to help you win a bet? Wouldn't it be more sensible for them to bet on a UI, then vote for it, then take their profit? (And without telling you, into the bargain)

You do live in a fantasy world.

P.S. What odds are they offering on a confirmed sighting of the Loch Ness Monster by 2016?
"If you come in here again, you'd better bring guns"
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

his holiness nb

He was hardly being serious EG  ::)
Or can you just not resist responding sarcastically to Tonys posts.
A bit of an obsession I think  :o

I'd take a bet however that the Loch Ness monster will be spotted before you vote for a united Ireland  ;)
Ask me holy bollix

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

bennydorano

Must be no one left from the Great Gaaboard / OWC wars of old.

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

muppet

MWWSI 2017

armaghniac

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

The odds will get a lot shorter when brexit kicks in... Loyal to the half-crown.
O'Neills Therapist

armaghniac

Quote from: 02 on July 25, 2016, 11:19:54 PM
The odds will get a lot shorter when brexit kicks in... Loyal to the half-crown.

Star Trek said 2024, that'll be around the time they eventually get Brexit organised.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Lar Naparka

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 24, 2016, 09:50:12 PM
Quote from: bennydorano on July 24, 2016, 09:29:41 PM
Cash out Tone?

I miss EG... Is he still about??
Just posted once, IIRC. But what about his nemesis, Lynchbhoy?  As mad as a hatter but still great craic!
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi