After Tipp's beating of Kilkenny, can Mayo begin to hope?

Started by Denn Forever, September 05, 2016, 12:03:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Denn Forever

Tipp were no great shake early in the  championship, So can Mayo surprise  Dublin?
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

PW Nally

Quote from: Denn Forever on September 05, 2016, 12:03:14 PM
Tipp were no great shake early in the  championship, So can Mayo surprise  Dublin?
And Portugal winning Euros. The Elverys double is on.

highorlow

QuoteTipp were no great shake early in the  championship, So can Mayo surprise  Dublin?

You obviously missed the Munster Final?
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

tippabu

Quote from: Denn Forever on September 05, 2016, 12:03:14 PM

We beat cork by 9, limerick by 2 playing with 14 most of the game and waterford by 21 all played on horrible wet days, dont think that qualifies us as being "no great shakes" early in the championship....galway were the only team we had trouble with this year.

laoislad

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Hound

I think it shows that no matter how good you are, there's a good beating coming for you at some stage.

didlyi

From the Bunker

This means little or nothing to a football county like Mayo. There is no inspiration to be gained from it! Tipp have 27 AI titles. It's not like they came from no where? They won an All Ireland 6 years ago, hardly a length of famine proportions. I hate how people try to connect things. Maybe if the Tipp footballers had beaten Mayo in the semi-final, they could draw inspiration from their fellow countymen for the final. But Tipp winning would hardly register here in the Hurling barren North-west.

mrhardyannual

Can Mayo begin to hope? Mayo never cease to hope..... It's what makes us what we are.

Minder

Tipp where slight favourites yesterday, most people saw it as a 50/50 game.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

maigheo

From the Bunker

Quote from: maigheo on September 05, 2016, 05:53:50 PM
Tipp won the all ireland in 1951-just saying :) :)

They won one in 1989. How did we get on that year in the final?

maigheo

Quote from: From the Bunker on September 05, 2016, 06:06:18 PM
Quote from: maigheo on September 05, 2016, 05:53:50 PM
Tipp won the all ireland in 1951-just saying :) :)

They won one in 1989. How did we get on that year in the final?
Yeah I know.All bulls-it in my opinion.Simple reason we have not won an all ireland since then is we have not been good enough on the day

JoG2

Quote from: didlyi on September 05, 2016, 04:56:57 PM
Is Aidan O Shea a Seamus Callinan?
Err ..No

Err brains,   you're not comparing like with like