All-Ireland Final, September 18th, 2016 - Dublin v Mayo

Started by IolarCoisCuain, August 28, 2016, 07:45:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jell 0 Biafra

Quote from: JoG2 on September 18, 2016, 09:48:50 PM
Quote from: Jell 0 Biafra on September 18, 2016, 09:40:04 PM
Quote from: Jinxy on September 18, 2016, 09:37:28 PM
By the way, it was admirable the way Dublin refused to 'ice' the clock.
All they had to do was go back into their own half and probe up and down either wing to run out the time.
They stuck to their principles and only for Connolly taking the crazy decision to shoot from the sideline, they would have prevailed.

Admirable me bollix.  Cost us the match.  You could see too that Kilkenny wanted to do the sensible thing, until Connolly grabbed the ball off him.

That incident cost you the match? 2 own goals aside, not a score from a Dublin hand or foot for nearly the entire first half more than likely nearly cost you the match, no?

Oh,  and Connolly thought yer man was a Kilkenny impersonator as he thought there was no way the real Kilkenny was that far up the pitch

None of that is in any way relevant.  We had a  one point lead with seconds left.  Instead of being sensible and retaining possession, Connolly went for a hero point. 

Yes, it cost us the match.   Just like your OGs would have cost you the match had you lost.

Il Bomber Destro

I presume Keegan will be getting the same ban as Ricey did for his altercation with Connolly.

Hereiam

The only thing we learned today was that the mayo Jersey is made of a far superior material.

In hiding

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on September 18, 2016, 09:58:39 PM
I presume Keegan will be getting the same ban as Ricey did for his altercation with Connolly.
Ricey !!!
Would you get a life

Jinxy

Good man Bomber. ;D ;D
The silence from the Free-State media is deafening.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Jinxy

Quote from: Hereiam on September 18, 2016, 09:59:58 PM
The only thing we learned today was that the mayo Jersey is made of a far superior material.

You can't beat hessian.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Halfquarter

Dublin gone back a bit since last year , at least they managed to score 12 points in the 2015 final !!

mrdeeds

Senan Connell said both teams should have won the game and lost the game. Think that kinda sums it up.

Zulu

Are you equating a knee drop to pulling a jersey?

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: Zulu on September 18, 2016, 10:12:44 PM

Are you equating a knee drop to pulling a jersey?

No.

Ricey got banned for interfering with Galvin's privates. I wonder if Keegan will get a similar treatment for doing the same with Connolly?

Zulu

seafoid

Quote from: Halfquarter on September 18, 2016, 10:06:24 PM
Dublin gone back a bit since last year , at least they managed to score 12 points in the 2015 final !!
They miss the players that left the panel. Maybe they don't have any Fergie time this year