All-Ireland Final, September 18th, 2016 - Dublin v Mayo

Started by IolarCoisCuain, August 28, 2016, 07:45:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

galwayman

J70

Well done Mayo, even if O'Connor should not have been on the field.

JoG2

Jesus.. Massive set of balls by Cillian O'Connor,  what ye reckon SouthDublinBro :-)

Mayo deserved at least a draw.  Will be another humdinger I hope.  Slippery ball,  alot of mistakes,  a lot of ball turned over but damn exciting

GalwayBayBoy

Dublin made a right mess when they had a chance to finish it when they had a 3 on 2 in added time and somehow managed to end up with O'Gara taking a dribbler of a shot. Interplay between their forwards was not great today.

blanketattack

Quote from: galwayman on September 18, 2016, 05:12:45 PM
Connolly silly to go for that point at the end.

Connelly's good but still a level or two below Maurice Fitz.

StGallsGAA

QuoteWell done Mayo, even if O'Connor should not have been on the field.
Nor should Diarmuid Connolly

laoislad

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Wildweasel74

there were probably 5 black card offences there which would been turfed out earlier in the championship,.i think that's what supporters get so annoyed with Refs, you don't know what you get from 1 day to the next as the refs don't apply the rules in the same way even when some calls are quite obvious but the ref either doesn't want to ruin a game or get the crowd on his back.

Captain Obvious

High drama at the end but the game was a poor error ridden one like the last two All Ireland finals. 16 years since a replay it was due. Why isn't the replay next weekend?

seafoid

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on September 18, 2016, 05:11:03 PM
Can Dublin be as poor in the replay?
They have been on the go at full throttle for a good  while

DUBSFORSAM1

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on September 18, 2016, 05:21:02 PM
there were probably 5 black card offences there which would been turfed out earlier in the championship,.i think that's what supporters get so annoyed with Refs, you don't know what you get from 1 day to the next as the refs don't apply the rules in the same way even when some calls are quite obvious but the ref either doesn't want to ruin a game or get the crowd on his back.

never mind from 1 game to the next, how about 1 minute to the next in a game.

Wildweasel74

twohands!!!

Awful awful stuff.

I know the conditions were tricky but that was one horrible stinker of a game. Lane's management of the game was utterly brutal - his approach to reffing the game was woeful and made a bad game worse.

A draw a fair result in that neither side deserved to win and truth be told both teams probably deserved to lose.

DUBSFORSAM1

McCarthy going of for a black card when there were numerous other worse offences was a massive loss to Dublin. Andrews will start the next day ahead of McMenamin anyway...

GalwayBayBoy

Do think the wet conditions didn't help Dublin today. The amount of times their forwards slipped and lost possession was crazy. They couldn't really get any attacking fluency together. McManamon spent half the game on his backside sliding around before being taken off.