All-Ireland Final, September 18th, 2016 - Dublin v Mayo

Started by IolarCoisCuain, August 28, 2016, 07:45:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mayoffs

Quote from: Rossfan on September 16, 2016, 06:50:28 PM
Can RTÈ not find anyone other than the Tanman to interview in Mayo or WestRos??

We roll him out this time of year to do the usual spiel, who do ye use ? Oh wait.....
we're on the verge of insanity (the verge just got narrower)

Syferus

Quote from: Mayoffs on September 16, 2016, 06:55:52 PM

We roll him out this time of year to do the usual speil, who do ye use ? Oh wait.....

Oh wait what? We use Cake.

Mayoffs

we're on the verge of insanity (the verge just got narrower)

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

bucko

He has the equivalent attraction of a black hole to any microphone or camera that comes anywhere near him.😜

Lar Naparka

Quote from: bucko on September 16, 2016, 03:28:25 PM
Parsons starting. From RTE.ie;

Mayo have made one change for their All-Ireland SFC final against Dublin in Croke Park with Tom Parsons coming into the side.

Manager Stephen Rochford brings Parsons into the midfield in place of Barry Moran.

Mayo team: David Clarke, Brendan Harrison, Donal Vaughan,  Keith Higgins, Lee Keegan, Colm Boyle, Patrick Durcan, Seamus O'Shea, Tom Parsons, Kevin McLoughlin, Aidan O'Shea, Diarmuid O'Connor, Jason Doherty. Andy Moran, Cillian O'Connor.
Dunno what personnel switches will be made before the thrown-in but it seems to me that Rochford is putting out the best side available to him. Can't say I'm confident of the outcome but I'd prefer to face Dublin than Kerry any day.
Keep the faith!
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

yellowcard

Listened to all the previews so far and not one person has tipped Mayo yet. Aidan O'Se give an interview and admitted that Mayo are past their peak and that 2014 was the big chance blown for this team. Its not an unreasonable analysis but nonetheless it strange coming from one of the players on the week of the AI final.

Syferus

I'm going to feel sorry for all those Rhubarb children on the Six-one on Sunday when their dreams are shattered. So sorry.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: yellowcard on September 16, 2016, 09:35:29 PM
Listened to all the previews so far and not one person has tipped Mayo yet. Aidan O'Se give an interview and admitted that Mayo are past their peak and that 2014 was the big chance blown for this team. Its not an unreasonable analysis but nonetheless it strange coming from one of the players on the week of the AI final.

Why would anyone give Mayo a chance anyway?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

trileacman

I'm not being a smartarse but do Mayo fans still believe after all these years of defeat? I mean at some point do you not just abandon hope because the pain is just too much to take. I've watched my club and county get beaten and swore I'd never be fit to put my heart and soul behind them again.

Minds me of that ROG interview where he says he can't do it anymore.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

yellowcard

Quote from: Farrandeelin on September 16, 2016, 10:03:40 PM
Quote from: yellowcard on September 16, 2016, 09:35:29 PM

Why would anyone give Mayo a chance anyway?

I've seen people on here predicting a Mayo win and I've seen polls (yes they are ludicrous I know) that showed an almost equal split. The Dubs are 26 games unbeaten, Mayo have average form all season so based on what we know there is no logical reason why Mayo can win.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Syferus on September 16, 2016, 10:01:38 PM
I'm going to be feel so very sorry for all those Rhubarb children on the Six-one on Sunday when their dreams are shattered. So sorry.

Save the pity for your own county first! We don't need anybody's pity.

Syferus

Quote from: From the Bunker on September 16, 2016, 10:16:31 PM
Quote from: Syferus on September 16, 2016, 10:01:38 PM
I'm going to be feel so very sorry for all those Rhubarb children on the Six-one on Sunday when their dreams are shattered. So sorry.

Save the pity for your own county first! We don't need anybody's pity.

In fairness it made me wish you could still strick a slap on school-kids more than it made me feel pity.

You could release an album with the number of new Mayo songs on Mid-West these days, Bunker. The Saw Doctors must get some jump in royalties when Mayo make an AI final.

moysider

Crete Boom

Quote from: trileacman on September 16, 2016, 10:09:52 PM
I'm not being a smartarse but do Mayo fans still believe after all these years of defeat? I mean at some point do you not just abandon hope because the pain is just too much to take. I've watched my club and county get beaten and swore I'd never be fit to put my heart and soul behind them again.

Minds me of that ROG interview where he says he can't do it anymore.

It's funny Trileacman , for me anyway I have become more cynical towards the build up over the years( I have been at all the finals since 89) but when I am in the ground I get filled with what I can best describe as a defiant hope and victory suddenly seems possible.

At this stage I occupy two characters , one which is pragmatic weighing up the pressure points on the team that will be fatal if they crack at any moment and the other which latches on to every tackle/ catch / point willing the positive outcome for the team until it is too late. Of course these characters manifest themselves as me mad shouting instructions that make no sense and cheering till I am horse!!

It probably makes no sense but that is how the last 2 finals were for me!! Afterwards usually I would be quiet for an hour , sink a couple of pints and then head into town and get on with it. I am not sure if it has gotten any easier or worse with each final losses but in my head I have conditioned myself to believe it is the same each time!!

Essentially I do still believe after all these years but you are more aware of the obstacles to actually winning and as a plus I am nearly immune to all the media sound bites , hurlers on the ditch etc...