All-Ireland Final, September 18th, 2016 - Dublin v Mayo

Started by IolarCoisCuain, August 28, 2016, 07:45:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Farrandeelin

We have more to be discussing than bad spelling and grammar on this thread.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Tubberman

Quote from: Farrandeelin on September 06, 2016, 07:24:04 PM

Have we though? I'm down home and there's hardly a word about it, never mind a flag or a sign by the side of the road.
Foregone conclusion, or just "been here before" fatigue?
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Crete Boom

Quote from: Tubberman on September 06, 2016, 07:42:53 PM

Have we though? I'm down home and there's hardly a word about it, never mind a flag or a sign by the side of the road.

I hope it's the latter but I just have this nagging feeling that it is a foregone conclusion!

I just hope for the first time since 1996 we can put in a full performance for 70 mins in an All Ireland final and if we come up short then that would be an improvement on previous finals!

heffo

Mayo are doing some serious keeping the head down

Farrandeelin

Maybe a bit of both.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

mrhardyannual

They do be sayin I do be sayin' "do be". But they that do be sayin' I do be sayin' "do be" do be sayin' "do be" themselves ...so they do be.

seafoid

Quote from: mrhardyannual on September 06, 2016, 09:43:05 PM
They do be sayin I do be sayin' "do be". But they that do be sayin' I do be sayin' "do be" do be sayin' "do be" themselves ...so they do be.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnD0eVdHJfI

moysider

Quote from: Farrandeelin on September 06, 2016, 09:28:29 PM

Maybe a bit of both.

Probably a lot of both.

Ballaghman

Quote from: moysider on September 06, 2016, 10:47:14 PM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on September 06, 2016, 09:28:29 PM

Maybe a bit of both.

Probably a lot of both.
Never seen so much realism/negativity/calmness before a final. Most people (Mayo and neutral) you talk to seem to think it's the dub's to lose but we have an outside chance if lots of things click on the day. For a change its not the usual Irish cute hoorism. As fans we seem to know our lads have a chance if they play really well but if the dubs play better we'll lose. It ain't rocket science I suppose!

screenexile

I think it's the best chance Mayo have. Previously Mayo were too inexperienced against Donegal and caught Dublin at full pelt at the peak of their powers.

Dublin have been on the road a while now and Mayo will have their homework done. Mayo have played differently at different times of the year which will make them slightly unpredictable for Gavin, while Dublin have the same system which I would expect lads like Rochford and McEntee will find holes in. They're shrewd operator's and will come with a good game plan.

It will be tight but as with Dublins victories all year how do you cope with the talent that appears for the last 10\15 minutes off the bench... Can Mayo counter it? Do they have the strength in depth to knock back the Dublin cavalry when they arrive?

I think the country hopes so but I really think it can happen!

seafoid

The Rochford Files is a Gaelic football television drama series/soap opera  that airs on RTE during the summer . Stars are Castlebar -based private investigator Stephen  Rochford with Jimmy Matches McGuinness , in the supporting role of his mentor. The next show features Rochford investigating the Dub full back line. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yg1Cx26-928

Fuzzman

What do people think of the Darragh O'Se article this week as below.

http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/gaelic-games/darragh-%C3%B3-s%C3%A9-mayo-know-emotion-won-t-bring-home-sam-1.2781927

I get the point he's making but I disagree with a lot he's saying. I think that's all fair and dandy when you are used to winning All Ireland finals and have great players but Mayo really need to up their performance is they have any chance of beating Dublin, just like Kerry upped the ante in the semi final. You do need huge hunger and push like mad to win the 50/50 balls. If you can be first to the ball and be ravenous for possession then you have a much better chance of winning in my opinion.
His point that Dublin calmly played their own patient game in that final 5 minutes of injury time and didn't panic or push too hard to do anything differently. That's a lot easier to do when you are reigning champions and have great players all around the pitch who have already been there and done that.

AZOffaly

DUBSFORSAM1

Quote from: screenexile on September 07, 2016, 12:39:32 AM
I think it's the best chance Mayo have. Previously Mayo were too inexperienced against Donegal and caught Dublin at full pelt at the peak of their powers.

Dublin have been on the road a while now and Mayo will have their homework done. Mayo have played differently at different times of the year which will make them slightly unpredictable for Gavin, while Dublin have the same system which I would expect lads like Rochford and McEntee will find holes in. They're shrewd operator's and will come with a good game plan.

It will be tight but as with Dublins victories all year how do you cope with the talent that appears for the last 10\15 minutes off the bench... Can Mayo counter it? Do they have the strength in depth to knock back the Dublin cavalry when they arrive?

I think the country hopes so but I really think it can happen!

Aren't Mayo around as long as Dublin though??? In terms of how Mayo will play the only system that Dublin wouldn't have met so far is if a team goes man to man all over the park which I don't believe Mayo will do