Tipp v Mayo AI semi final (still doesnt sound right!!)

Started by tippabu, August 07, 2016, 10:48:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ballaghman

Quote from: Syferus on August 21, 2016, 09:52:34 PM
Quote from: IolarCoisCuain on August 21, 2016, 09:46:12 PM
Quote from: highorlow on August 21, 2016, 07:53:56 PM
Not alone will it be the greatest embarrassment of all time it will be one on the modern shocks if Dublin don't do the 2 in a row.

Good luck to them. I'm dreding the final. Our only hope is that Kerry do some serious injuries to ye.

+1, sadly.

It won't stop ye getting a sugar rush the next three or four weeks. Mid West, the Western and the News with massive souvenir supplements, interviews with ex-players assuring the masses there's no curse and that these lads are from different stock, touring the schools in the county with the local players visiting, Irish TV will probably have a live show from Mitchels clubhouse.

Full turkey time.

How do roscommon usually deal with all-Ireland finals? ::)

Ballaghman

As predicted. Plenty of hairy moments, spells where we blitzed them followed by longer spells where fell asleep. We won, we learn, we move on as massive underdogs. It appears as a result of this performance to be Dublin's or Kerry's to lose. Happy enough with that TBH.

macdanger2

Farrandeelin

Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Syferus on August 21, 2016, 09:52:34 PM
Not alone will it be the greatest embarrassment of all time it will be one on the modern shocks if Dublin don't do the 2 in a row.

Good luck to them. I'm dreding the final. Our only hope is that Kerry do some serious injuries to ye.

+1, sadly.

It won't stop ye getting a sugar rush the next three or four weeks. Mid West, the Western and the News with massive souvenir supplements, interviews with ex-players assuring the masses there's no curse and that these lads are from different stock, touring the schools in the county with the local players visiting, Irish TV will probably have a live show from Mitchels clubhouse.

Full turkey time.

You left out up for the match where GrĂ¡inne Seoige will be displaying her lucky Mayo nickers for ratings.

Chimley

As poor a performance as any this year. The team is regressing and seem to be mentally and physically fatigued. The four weeks until the final will need to turn up some magic tricks or masterful tactics that will compensate.

Jinxy

Quote from: Chimley on August 21, 2016, 11:11:26 PM
As poor a performance as any this year. The team is regressing and seem to be mentally and physically fatigued. The four weeks until the final will need to turn up some magic tricks or masterful tactics that will compensate.

That would seem to be the case alright.
Definitely looked fitter, stronger and more focused last year.
Remind me again why they got rid of Holmes & Connelly?
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Il Bomber Destro

Doesn't really matter how they get there, Mayo just need to turn it on once now.

Big worrying sign though is Diarmuid O'Connor, seems to be struggling for form whether it's injury related. He looks like a guy who is heavily fatigued.

joemamas

Quote from: Jinxy on August 21, 2016, 11:20:49 PM

because apparently their were inept when it came to tactics.

joemamas

+1, sadly.

Just watched game again, aside from given a good piece of my mind to those two idiots (being kind) tommy tom tom and Marty ,

the most damming stat from the game in my mind is that Mayo forwards only scored one point from play in the last 38 mins of the second half including time added on. DOC scored one in 37th minute that was it. Lack of scoring forwards on the bench is very telling.
Andy Moran had a excellent first half, but could have been subbed well before the 60th minute. Tom Parsons did very well when he came on in the 50th minute, a bit late in my mind.
We kicked six bad wides up until the 26th minute.
Backs were very very loose in first half, some of them were also beaten one on one a concern.
I hope I am wrong, but that second half was brutal and I can not see us winning with a repeat.

Hound

Hard luck Tipp, well done Mayo.

Semi final form will be irrelevant when it comes to the final.

Mayo lads, if you were told you were definitely going to win the final, who would you prefer to do it against, Dublin or Kerry?

ballinaman

Quote from: Jinxy on August 21, 2016, 11:20:49 PM

Nope,won't remind you of actual reasons,two lads great servants to Mayo. Embarrassing stuff to be honest.

Eamon O Hara was hilarious on radio 1 after the match. The mans disdain for Mayo hold no bounds..

Job done. Didn't expect anything less from Tipp.

Mayo really needed to lay down a marker yesterday, you know for the journalists to have something to write about for the next few weeks. Even they must be getting more writing the same stuff at this stage.

ballinaman

Quote from: Hound on August 22, 2016, 07:17:25 AM
Hard luck Tipp, well done Mayo.

Semi final form will be irrelevant when it comes to the final.

Mayo lads, if you were told you were definitely going to win the final, who would you prefer to do it against, Dublin or Kerry?
Roscommon

Canalman

Mayo couldn't have scripted a better way to the AIF.

Having said that, they are where they fully expected to be at the start of the year.