Tipp v Mayo AI semi final (still doesnt sound right!!)

Started by tippabu, August 07, 2016, 10:48:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rudi

Quote from: Rossfan on August 21, 2016, 06:59:48 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on August 20, 2016, 05:24:50 PM
Rhus to win by 5.

Ahem  ;)
Tommy Tom appalling again -"Black cards shouldn't be given after 8 minutes" FFS!!!
Rhubarbs will be happy to be in AI Final and written off after a few months of stuttering performances.

Would agree with that, a black card is a black card at any stage of a game. Mayo played mighty football for 10 mins and buried Tipp. Tipp can be very proud of their effort, played with no fear and had a real cut, none of this defensive sh-te. I respect that good luck to them.

yellowcard

Rochford in an interview after the match said that the Mayo players would be going back to their clubs this week for club championship games next weekend. Thought it very strange that the Mayo co board would schedule club matches prior to an AI final.

Jinxy

Is there one massive performance in this Mayo team?
There would want to be.
Strange game today.

If you were any use you'd be playing.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: yellowcard on August 21, 2016, 08:45:44 PM
Rochford in an interview after the match said that the Mayo players would be going back to their clubs this week for club championship games next weekend. Thought it very strange that the Mayo co board would schedule club matches prior to an AI final.
There's one round in the groups left. Thought they might be left till after the final after the result today however.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

sambostar

Quote from: Rossfan on August 21, 2016, 06:59:48 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on August 20, 2016, 05:24:50 PM
Rhus to win by 5.

Ahem  ;)
Tommy Tom appalling again -"Black cards shouldn't be given after 8 minutes" FFS!!!
Rhubarbs will be happy to be in AI Final and written off after a few months of stuttering performances.
And also he said a Tipp player shouldn't be getting one so early as this was their 1st semi in 80 odd years! What difference does that make? Clown

From the Bunker

Quote from: Jinxy on August 21, 2016, 08:56:35 PM
There would want to be.
Strange game today.

There is a feeling of not showing hand. It's like they don't want to be seen in a positive light. Either that or they are just Sh1te!

Rossfan

All part of a cunning Rhubarb master stroke of a plan ;)
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Horse Box

Not the first time that Geebag Coldrick done Tipp . Seems to have a grudge against the Premier County ! He shouldn`t be let near a Tipperary game again ! ! !

http://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/gaa/football/tipperary-football-boss-peter-creedon-called-to-explain-comments-on-referee-david-coldrick-312971.html

Jinxy

Quote from: From the Bunker on August 21, 2016, 09:21:26 PM
There would want to be.
Strange game today.

There is a feeling of not showing hand. It's like they don't want to be seen in a positive light. Either that or they are just Sh1te!

Part of me thinks it is the perfect way to be heading into a final.
Mis-firing, under the radar, lowered expectations etc.
That's contingent on the players & management getting their act together over the next few weeks.
I think the players struggled to play with real intensity today because they have no history with Tipp.
Compare Keegan's attitude when he's marking Cavanagh or Connolly to his attitude today.
It was all very flat and to be honest, it was a game that was there to be won and nothing else, like most semi-finals.
I would be worried that you are still so reliant on Andy Moran and I think the management need to come up with a strategy that allows him to use his football brain to good effect but prevents him being exposed as a weakness due to lack of pace/stamina.
If you're looking for a silver lining to the cloud, Mayo's opponents in the final won't really know what the Mayo game-plan is.
I just hope Mayo know what the Mayo game-plan is by then.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Cunny Funt

Quote from: Jinxy on August 21, 2016, 09:36:46 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on August 21, 2016, 09:21:26 PM
There would want to be.
Strange game today.

Part of me thinks it is the perfect way to be heading into a final.
Mis-firing, under the radar, lowered expectations etc.
That's contingent on the players & management getting their act together over the next few weeks.
I think the players struggled to play with real intensity today because they have no history with Tipp.
Compare Keegan's attitude when he's marking Cavanagh or Connolly to his attitude today.
It was all very flat and to be honest, it was a game that was there to be won and nothing else, like most semi-finals.
I would be worried that you are still so reliant on Andy Moran and I think the management need to come up with a strategy that allows him to use his football brain to good effect but prevents him being exposed as a weakness due to lack of pace/stamina.
If you're looking for a silver lining to the cloud, Mayo's opponents in the final won't really know what the Mayo game-plan is.
I just hope Mayo know what the Mayo game-plan is by then.

Didn't he outscore his marker from play again today?

Farrandeelin

I dunno. Strange game, strange feeling leaving the ground. Playing in fits and starts all year long and if they're to win the final, they better have a few more tricks up their sleeve.

IolarCoisCuain

Quote from: highorlow on August 21, 2016, 07:53:56 PM
Not alone will it be the greatest embarrassment of all time it will be one on the modern shocks if Dublin don't do the 2 in a row.

Good luck to them. I'm dreding the final. Our only hope is that Kerry do some serious injuries to ye.

+1, sadly.

imtommygunn

I thought mayo tactics with keegan were poor. End of first half he was pushing forward too much for quinlivan. Obvious answer was to push quinlivan into ff line and they did where keegan followed. This completely curbed keegan for quite a while . I think he may have eventually moved out but he's borderline mayo's biggest attacking threat so should be nowhere near the fb line.

Syferus

Quote from: IolarCoisCuain on August 21, 2016, 09:46:12 PM
Not alone will it be the greatest embarrassment of all time it will be one on the modern shocks if Dublin don't do the 2 in a row.

Good luck to them. I'm dreding the final. Our only hope is that Kerry do some serious injuries to ye.

+1, sadly.

It won't stop ye getting a sugar rush the next three or four weeks. Mid West, the Western and the News with massive souvenir supplements, interviews with ex-players assuring the masses there's no curse and that these lads are from different stock, touring the schools in the county with the local players visiting, Irish TV will probably have a live show from Mitchels clubhouse.

Full turkey time.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: IolarCoisCuain on August 21, 2016, 09:46:12 PM

+1, sadly.

Ye're not alone. I just can't see us winning, and it's not 'put on' pessimism either. Even if Kerry come through.