Tipp v Mayo AI semi final (still doesnt sound right!!)

Started by tippabu, August 07, 2016, 10:48:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

yellowcard

Mayo just done enough, there was always a sense of inevitability about the result.

Zulu

Quote from: mrdeeds on August 21, 2016, 05:04:30 PM
Quote from: manfromdelmonte on August 21, 2016, 05:02:43 PM
That was a disgraceful sending off of the Tipp number 5

Poor refereeing is a bigger crisis in our games rather than championship structures

Not a bigger crisis but one that needs addressing all the same. It's far to easy to get a card in football and this 'striking action' excuse is a load of nonsense. Getting these reds overturned is not much use to players or teams during the game.

cicfada

Well done Mayo, the good news is we won't have to listen to Tom Carr in the final.......the bad news is, we might have to listen to Martin Carney now . Go on and win the bloody thing now .

ashman

Quote from: Aaron Boone on August 21, 2016, 04:57:48 PM
Mayo always had the extra gear. Another AI final appearance.

Mayo looked very very leggy today .  Are they in decline or trying to peak late in the year.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Without a massive improvement in the final, Mayo will be mincemeat, once again.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Captain Obvious

Hard luck to Tipperary a great effort today and championship season for them. Today they were beaten by two goals one against the run of play the other a fluke.

ashman

Zulu

Overall Mayo were poor I thought and you just couldn't have any confidence in them winning an All Ireland with their forwards. Some of the misses today were totally unacceptable and is a trend with Mayo. You can't leave handy points behind against Dublin and expect to win.

mrdeeds

Quote from: Zulu on August 21, 2016, 05:11:13 PM
Quote from: mrdeeds on August 21, 2016, 05:04:30 PM
Quote from: manfromdelmonte on August 21, 2016, 05:02:43 PM
That was a disgraceful sending off of the Tipp number 5

Poor refereeing is a bigger crisis in our games rather than championship structures

Not a bigger crisis but one that needs addressing all the same. It's far to easy to get a card in football and this 'striking action' excuse is a load of nonsense. Getting these reds overturned is not much use to players or teams during the game.

We've had a summer of reds being overturned and referees making wrong calls. Watching the olympics even small sports use video evidence. The GAA is a sport with millions in revenue.

seafoid

As expected. I would expect Rochford to have them ready for the final. 

Zulu

They're ready every year, it's the quality of their forwards that's the issue.

joemamas

Quote from: Zulu on August 21, 2016, 05:13:50 PM
Overall Mayo were poor I thought and you just couldn't have any confidence in them winning an All Ireland with their forwards. Some of the misses today were totally unacceptable and is a trend with Mayo. You can't leave handy points behind against Dublin and expect to win.

Unfortunately I have to agree with you

Rois

Quote from: Zulu on August 21, 2016, 05:13:50 PM
Dublin are in the final? Since when?

Cunny Funt

Quote from: ashman on August 21, 2016, 05:11:27 PM
Quote from: Aaron Boone on August 21, 2016, 04:57:48 PM
Mayo always had the extra gear. Another AI final appearance.

Mayo looked very very leggy today .  Are they in decline or trying to peak late in the year.
From the league right up today Mayo have looked leggy all year. As I said before this game the luck of draw has got Mayo into the All Ireland final more than anything else but lookit they are their and maybe they will find their past form in the final.

Dinny Breen

Mayo seem to be playing to this pattern

1st quarter hestitant
2nd quarter go for the throat
3rd quarter switch off
4th quarter cagey but defensively focused

Need to do some thing about that 3rd quarter if that want to win the final.
#newbridgeornowhere