Tipp v Mayo AI semi final (still doesnt sound right!!)

Started by tippabu, August 07, 2016, 10:48:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tippabu

Hound

My Mayo mate reckons the only change from the team that started the last day will be Keane in for Dillon

I would have thought Parsons would come in, but he reckons Vaughan has done well enough to retain his place

Chimley

Quote from: Hound on August 19, 2016, 07:14:20 AM
My Mayo mate reckons the only change from the team that started the last day will be Keane in for Dillon

I would have thought Parsons would come in, but he reckons Vaughan has done well enough to retain his place

I'd say Seamus O'Se might be looking over his shoulder as he's not hit top form all summer.

Syferus

Quote from: Chimley on August 19, 2016, 07:40:08 AM

I'd say Seamus O'Se might be looking over his shoulder as he's not hit top form all summer.

The brother is hardly going to give him the chop.

Tubberman

Thought he was back in form against Tyrone. Very little talk about the match, but a big crowd going up in expectation...
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Syferus on August 19, 2016, 08:29:11 AM

Hardly, but the management might.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Syferus

Quote from: Farrandeelin on August 19, 2016, 10:03:50 AM

Hardly, but the management might.

Good one Farr

JoG2

Quote from: Tubberman on August 19, 2016, 08:57:51 AM

Thought he was back in form against Tyrone. Very little talk about the match, but a big crowd going up in expectation...

agreed, was solid against Tyrone and lead well

Jinxy

:D
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Fuzzman

This fixture reminds me a bit of the Tyrone v Wexford semi final in 2008. Wexford beat Ulster champions Armagh 1.14 to 0.12 in the quarterfinal to then lose to Tyrone in the semi 1.14 to 0.23.

Wexford played well and scored a good goal but you could see Tyrone knew how to win games like that in Croke Park and had the experience to close the game out. I think Mayo will do the same against Tipperary as they will be a lot more defensive that Galway were. After a great start Tipp struggled against a Kerry defensive blanket and I think Mayo showed the last day out they can play that type of game if necessary.
Of course they have nothing to lose and will probably play without fear again but I think they will be surprised at the step up in class and how physical Mayo will be.

Was Wexford the last surprise package team to make it to the semifinals? Who else over the years made it to a semi that was unexpected? Leitrim 1994? Donegal 2011 perhaps?

AZOffaly

Did Fermanagh make a semi back in 04 or thereabouts? I think they played Mayo as well.

imtommygunn

Tubberman

Mayo team named - Keane in for Dillon the only change.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

moysider

The only change from team named to play Tyrone is Doherty in for Regan.

Jinxy

If you were any use you'd be playing.