Tipp v Mayo AI semi final (still doesnt sound right!!)

Started by tippabu, August 07, 2016, 10:48:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

iorras

Quote from: AZOffaly on August 12, 2016, 10:28:01 AM
Quote from: tbrick18 on August 12, 2016, 09:50:57 AM
I've a bit of a soft spot for Mayo and as much as I would love to see them win an All-Ireland, I cant help but root for Tipp.
They beat us fair and square and they are the where they are on merit, but are still massive underdogs.
Its the stuff of dreams at the minute and wouldnt it be some story (would make a great movie) to see them in an AI final and exacting revenge on Kerry!

it would also be the death of football in the county, as everyone would be drunk for about 6 months.
True, I said before the 2013 final that we should withdraw from the 2014 championship whatever happens. Lose it and we might as well pack it in for a while and concentrate on hurling. Win and we'll all be on the beer for a year a la Donegal circa 1992. In fairness to the lads they are still there making a fist of it. I don't know how they do it. If they ever do manage to win it, it'd make some book/film/tshirt/play/documentary on One

iorras

bucko

Another Meath man appointed to referee this one, David Coldrick.🙄 No wonder Meath football is the way it is, all they're producing is referees!😜

Jinxy

Good stuff.
He'll make sure Tipp are allowed to play football anyway.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

bucko

Quote from: Jinxy on August 12, 2016, 12:46:49 PM
Good stuff.
He'll make sure Tipp are allowed to play football anyway.
David Gough appointed to the Dublin-Kerry match, what'll he let them do?!?!

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Fear ón Srath Bán

I'm shocked  (almost) at the dire dearth of contributions from the vast majority of Mayo buachaillí on this thread, who would rather obsess themselves with endless mean spirited recriminations over a game THEY ACTUALLY WON in the (recent) past*, than this game in the near future, evidently, the winning of which would present the first opportunity for this management team to end the voodoo hoodoo. :-\

Hey, sorry you beat us, honestly! Sorry for having presented you with such an unbearably positive perspective on this year's SAM, and we'll try our damnedest to never let it happen again, so you can wallow with genuine indignity and fully merited negativity. :P

Hon Tipp! :)

* Not that we were wholly innocent, but we were the losers.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Crete Boom

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on August 12, 2016, 08:02:29 PM
I'm shocked  (almost) at the dire dearth of contributions from the vast majority of Mayo buachaillí on this thread, who would rather obsess themselves with endless mean spirited recriminations over a game THEY ACTUALLY WON in the (recent) past*, than this game in the near future, evidently, the winning of which would present the first opportunity for this management team to end the voodoo hoodoo. :-\

Hey, sorry you beat us, honestly! Sorry for having presented you with such an unbearably positive perspective on this year's SAM, and we'll try our damnedest to never let it happen again, so you can wallow with genuine indignity and fully merited negativity. :P

Your talk is surely the handiwork of wisdom because not one word of it do I understand! ;)

From the Bunker

moysider

Quote from: Crete Boom on August 12, 2016, 10:08:19 PM

Your talk is surely the handiwork of wisdom because not one word of it do I understand! ;)

That's not unusual for Myles! Have you ever tried reading his masterpieces At Swim Two Birds or The Third Policeman?

moysider

Quote from: From the Bunker on August 12, 2016, 10:27:17 PM

Judging by the length of the neck and cut of the head on that I reckon he's a diplododickus.

Lar Naparka

Hats off to you Fear. Even at my vintage best, I couldn't pack as much shite into such a short rant.  ;D
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Fear ón Srath Bán

Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Syferus

It's cringy watching Tyrone supporters try to be WUMs when everyone knows how overly earnest they really are.

Probably similar to the feeling Tyrone supporters get when they see other counties attempt to practice the dark arts.

seafoid

Throne and Ros must be responsible for half the football posts which means the run in to the final will be dull enough.