Galway v Tipperary AIQF 31/07/16

Started by Duine Eile, July 25, 2016, 01:57:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ballinaman

Was the 2007 minor football final the last time a Galway team won in Croke park? Any players from that team playing currently?

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: ballinaman on July 25, 2016, 04:28:53 PM
Was the 2007 minor football final the last time a Galway team won in Croke park? Any players from that team playing currently?

Galway beat Cavan there in the U-21 final in 2011. Flynn and Cummins were on that team. Think Conroy is the only survivor from the 07 minors.

ballinaman

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on July 25, 2016, 04:39:11 PM

Galway beat Cavan there in the U-21 final in 2011. Flynn and Cummins were on that team. Think Conroy is the only survivor from the 07 minors.
An yes, remember that. Half of Cavan were there. Wonder why croker was chosen for 21 final that year.

galwayman

Quote from: ballinaman on July 25, 2016, 04:43:42 PM
Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on July 25, 2016, 04:39:11 PM

An yes, remember that. Half of Cavan were there. Wonder why croker was chosen for 21 final that year.
It was a double header with the hurling league final between the Dubs and Kilkenny.
I assume it's just because the 2 were on the same weekend.

tippabu

Im a fair bit away from the galway border myself but think the whole matties thing is because every 2nd person near the border is called mattie, after that no clue. Have you read bigjohns previews and reviews of the last few games on premierview AZ? They are brilliant!!

On the game, we are better than 2 years ago, the likes of quinlivan has developed in to one of the top players around, achy, macdonald, hanigan, robbie kiely are real leaders now. We are still very young though, 4 of our back 7 (gk included) were under 21 last year, they are brilliant at going forward but still abit you in terms of being able to really hold the oppostion hence the high scoring games. I do give us a shout but expect galway to just have enough like our last two meetings in the qualifiers.

mouview

Corofin's club victory count?
'03 draw with Donegal the last time the Senior team weren't beaten there as far as I recall. Certainly past time to redress the balance.

seafoid

I hope John Denton will not be reffing. 

Rossfan

Sure haven't ye the new John Banning - Conor Galway Lane to ease the path for ye. ;)
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

macdanger2

Quote from: tippabu on July 26, 2016, 02:00:26 PM
Im a fair bit away from the galway border myself but think the whole matties thing is because every 2nd person near the border is called mattie, after that no clue. Have you read bigjohns previews and reviews of the last few games on premierview AZ? They are brilliant!!

On the game, we are better than 2 years ago, the likes of quinlivan has developed in to one of the top players around, achy, macdonald, hanigan, robbie kiely are real leaders now. We are still very young though, 4 of our back 7 (gk included) were under 21 last year, they are brilliant at going forward but still abit you in terms of being able to really hold the oppostion hence the high scoring games. I do give us a shout but expect galway to just have enough like our last two meetings in the qualifiers.

Has quinlivan been good this year? I've only seen bits of the Tipp games this year but he hasn't really stood out. I thought Bill Maher was very good against Derry

tippabu

Quote from: macdanger2 on July 26, 2016, 05:49:23 PM
Quote from: tippabu on July 26, 2016, 02:00:26 PM

Has quinlivan been good this year? I've only seen bits of the Tipp games this year but he hasn't really stood out. I thought Bill Maher was very good against Derry

Yeah Quinlivan really is the main man in the attack....once delivered the right type of ball can be unplayable, hes not a conor mcmanus who'll score loads but can take a score but brings people into it and usually comes out the pitch too. The day against kerry if it wasnt munster final hed not have been playing, was on a drip all saturday night and sunday morning.

Everyone in tipp knew bill maher is ten times the footballer than he is hurler, was delighted when he came in, he is brilliant coming forward and glides past people.

Blowitupref

Quote from: mouview on July 26, 2016, 02:24:16 PM

'03 draw with Donegal the last time the Senior team weren't beaten there as far as I recall. Certainly past time to redress the balance.
Only Sice,Silke played in that in victory i think? i recall the schools hogan cup final five years go in Croke park where Jarlaths just fell short and Shane Walsh almost won the final on his own.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

mouview

Quote from: Blowitupref on July 26, 2016, 07:40:07 PM

Only Sice,Silke played in that in victory i think? i recall the schools hogan cup final five years go in Croke park where Jarlaths just fell short and Shane Walsh almost won the final on his own.

Feckin' lost it on his own by trying to do it all himself and not trusting his teammates to pass it to them.

galwayman

Quote from: mouview on July 27, 2016, 12:07:15 PM

Feckin' lost it on his own by trying to do it all himself and not trusting his teammates to pass it to them.
That's very harsh.
Certainly not how I remember that game.

Cunny Funt

Quote from: mouview on July 27, 2016, 12:07:15 PM

Without Shane Walsh Jarlaths probably wouldnt have won Connacht that year.

seafoid

Mo I would have expected you to be talking down the footballers   8)