Derry v Cavan - Back door entry

Started by Fuzzman, July 15, 2016, 02:57:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fuzzman

Is Derry playing Cavan this weekend or does nobody care?
Poor ScreenExile is crying on the Tyrone thread.  :'( :'( :'(

southderryman

Quote from: Fuzzman on July 15, 2016, 02:57:43 PM

The apathy around the Derry county teams seems to have got worse (didn't think that was possible). People just aren't interested at all. I'll be in Breffni park tomorrow but I wouldn't imagine there'll be any more than a few hundred from Derry at it. And to be honest I fully expect us to lose, we're a shambles

armaghniac

Quote from: southderryman on July 15, 2016, 05:45:01 PM
Quote from: Fuzzman on July 15, 2016, 02:57:43 PM

The apathy around the Derry county teams seems to have got worse (didn't think that was possible). People just aren't interested at all. I'll be in Breffni park tomorrow but I wouldn't imagine there'll be any more than a few hundred from Derry at it. And to be honest I fully expect us to lose, we're a shambles

Cavan will always be happy to beat the team that beat Meath.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Itchy

Maybe it was the 6 day turnaround but to me Cavan looked disinterested against Carlow. Givney is out and Martin Reilly doubtful with a dislocated finger. I'm not hopeful.

barking mad

Derry have a chance Cavan are very beatable

Champion The Wonder Horse

The lack of interest is shocking, given that the winners have a decent shout at an All-Ireland quarter final.  Cavan very short odds to win, shorter than all bar mayo and Dublin this weekend. Home advantage and being a division 1 team should be enough to swing it for Cavan, but give us a second half like Derry did last weekend and who knows.
Cavan by 4/5.

Westside

Quote from: Itchy on July 15, 2016, 06:31:45 PM
Maybe it was the 6 day turnaround but to me Cavan looked disinterested against Carlow. Givney is out and Martin Reilly doubtful with a dislocated finger. I'm not hopeful.

Jaysus Itchy you're always hopeful!! This doesn't bode well...

southderryman

Any cavan folks confirm that you can just buy tickets at the ground tomorrow/this was the set up against carlow last week? Had assumed this would be the case, as its standard practice everywhere, but it doesn't state this on the cavan website, only says mon-fri.

http://cavangaa.ie/2016/07/12/ticket-info-rd-3-qualifier/

twohands!!!

Quote from: Champion The Wonder Horse on July 15, 2016, 08:43:42 PM
The lack of interest is shocking, given that the winners have a decent shout at an All-Ireland quarter final.  Cavan very short odds to win, shorter than all bar mayo and Dublin this weekend. Home advantage and being a division 1 team should be enough to swing it for Cavan, but give us a second half like Derry did last weekend and who knows.
Cavan by 4/5.

The thing is are either side all that bothered about reaching a quarterfinal? Seems like two teams that don't seem all that pushed.

Cavan 5/4 to reach a quarterfinal ; Derry 3/1
Cavan 6/1 to reach a semi ; Derry 12/1
Cavan 18/1 to reach the final ; Derry 33/1
Cavan 80/ to win final ; Derry 100/1

Itchy

Quote from: southderryman on July 15, 2016, 11:28:58 PM
Any cavan folks confirm that you can just buy tickets at the ground tomorrow/this was the set up against carlow last week? Had assumed this would be the case, as its standard practice everywhere, but it doesn't state this on the cavan website, only says mon-fri.

http://cavangaa.ie/2016/07/12/ticket-info-rd-3-qualifier/

Yeh you can buy at the ground, 20 euro and 5 euro for kids of any age. Disgraceful to pay 5 euro for kids imo.

oakleaflad

Maroon Manc

Great win for Derry, was it an open game given the high scoreline?

Hyland under pressure a poor championship?

seafoid

Bad result for Cavan. Spring form was deceptive

Captain Obvious

The story of Cavans championship this year was scoring freely but conceding too much the opposite of their championship form from the last few years.

Derry will fancy their chances against Tipperary or the Connacht final loser next.

beer baron

Anybody see what Fergal Flanagan did to get sent off? We were out on our feet the last 5 minutes.