Premier League 2016/17

Started by Boycey, July 13, 2016, 01:44:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boycey

Merson is an eejit but that's obviously what they want on the programme. I wouldn't watch it by choice, grown men shouting across each other like teenage girls.

johnneycool

Quote from: Boycey on January 06, 2017, 02:58:45 PM
Merson is an eejit but that's obviously what they want on the programme. I wouldn't watch it by choice, grown men shouting across each other like teenage girls.

It's glorified pub bantz for the lads watching it in a bar on a Saturday afternoon or whenever and every group needs a clown to make an eejit out of and Merson is that man.

I'm sure he's well rewarded for it all the same.

Fuzzman

Can you imagine if Brolly was amongst them. Howl on howl on

Minder

Quote from: johnneycool on January 06, 2017, 03:19:28 PM

It's glorified pub bantz for the lads watching it in a bar on a Saturday afternoon or whenever and every group needs a clown to make an eejit out of and Merson is that man.

I actually think the mispronunciations are deliberate at this stage
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

gawa316

Quote from: Minder on January 06, 2017, 04:36:15 PM
Quote from: johnneycool on January 06, 2017, 03:19:28 PM

I actually think the mispronunciations are deliberate at this stage

Me too, watch that clip of him calling Slimani, Salami the other day...he knew rightly what he was at and just looking a cheap laugh (at his own expense).

Puckoon

Since NBC took the PL on, the co commentators are fantastic. Out of the top 4 I'd have them rated

1. Phil Neville (seriously)
Joint 2. Lee Dixon and Graeme LeSaux
19. Andy Townsend

In the studio, Robbie Earle and Robbie Mustoe get a solid B*

mrdeeds

Quote from: Boycey on January 13, 2017, 07:59:56 PM
Diego Costa-Football gets more fcuked up by the week.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/jan/13/diego-costa-dropped-chelsea-row-china

Wouldn't be surprised if Costa manufactured the row. The Brazilians love the Chinese money.

downtown

Costa is Spanish. Very twisted Spanish man

mrdeeds

Quote from: downtown on January 13, 2017, 10:15:10 PM
Costa is Spanish. Very twisted Spanish man

Brazilian born but decided to play for Spain.

BennyCake

Tyrone Mings scored an own goal for Hull. I'm sure you all knew that though. Except for the own goal bit.

TabClear

Andy Carroll goal today.  Worth watching

seafoid

Quote from: BennyCake on January 14, 2017, 04:33:49 PM
Tyrone Mings scored an own goal for Hull. I'm sure you all knew that though. Except for the own goal bit.
What a name

Asal Mor

Nice assist for Daryl Horgan in his first start for Preston.