Premier League 2016/17

Started by Boycey, July 13, 2016, 01:44:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrdeeds

Boycey

Quote from: Cunny Funt on January 01, 2017, 06:02:18 PM
Was said on Sky it's the first time since 1991 that both Manchester clubs are outside the top 4 after 19 games. Performance wise this season City certainly deserve to be out of the top 4.

I laughed when I saw that, city hadn't much bearing on that stat for the 1st 18/19 years of it...

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Boycey on January 01, 2017, 06:28:05 PM
Quote from: Cunny Funt on January 01, 2017, 06:02:18 PM
Was said on Sky it's the first time since 1991 that both Manchester clubs are outside the top 4 after 19 games. Performance wise this season City certainly deserve to be out of the top 4.

I laughed when I saw that, city hadn't much bearing on that stat for the 1st 18/19 years of it...

Was always said if Liverpool finish above Utd they'd win the league! Looking at it Chelsea would have to really screw up to lose it... for me it's a two horse race, the rest don't matter... the only problem for Liverpool is keeping everyone fit, the high tempo game they play is hard to beat and they have a great spread of goal scorers...

Chelsea have a bigger panel and it seems a manager like Klopp
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

laoislad

Quote from: heganboy on January 01, 2017, 06:20:38 PM
or in real life 5th, because of, you know, the table...
Really though Man United deserve to be top of the table.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Captain Obvious

Team at the halfway stage in the season in my opinion

Thibaut Courtois

Cesar Azpilicueta
Gary Cahill
Kyle Walker

Alexis Sanchez
Eden Hazard
Sadio Mane
Adam Lallana
Bamidele Alli

Diego Da Silva Costa
Zlatan Ibrahimovic

quit yo jibbajabba

Da fuq? Are you Garth Crooks? ;D

thewobbler

lol it's even worse than Garth. Pick 11 players than just assume a formation will work.

SHEEDY

my team, for what its worth..

pickford

Bellerin
David luiz
Cahill
Milner

Kante
Dele alli
Hazard

Mane
Costa
Ibrahimovic
nil satis nisi optimum

thewobbler

The only people who could pick Alli are those that haven't watched Spurs.

Whereas anyone who has watched Spurs would have Danny Rose absolutely miles above any of his teammates this season. Then a few more miles again.

Left back shouldn't even be a discussion point. Choosing a midfielder there is all wrong.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: thewobbler on January 01, 2017, 09:20:04 PM

Whereas anyone who has watched Spurs would have Danny Rose absolutely miles above any of his teammates this season. Then a few more miles again.

Left back shouldn't even be a discussion point. Choosing a midfielder there is all wrong.
I have watched the majority of Tottenham games and I would pick Walker,Alli and Eriksen as Tottenhams top three players.

More midfielders have stood out than defenders this season if I was to pick a fourth defender it would probably be Marcos Alonso.

Main Street

Quote from: GJL on December 29, 2016, 11:51:04 PM
Sky Sports reporting that a Chinese club have offered €300m for Ronaldo with €100m a year in wages. ,........
Says Ronaldo's agent, right after Tevez became the world's highest paid player.
Football's biggest narcissist became utterly, inconsolably distraught and needed an urgent ego fix ...... in steps agent Mendes.

thewobbler

Quote from: Captain Obvious on January 01, 2017, 09:48:45 PM
Quote from: thewobbler on January 01, 2017, 09:20:04 PM

I have watched the majority of Tottenham games and I would pick Walker,Alli and Eriksen as Tottenhams top three players.

More midfielders have stood out than defenders this season if I was to pick a fourth defender it would probably be Marcos Alonso.

No, no, no.... this isn't possible.

Eriksen never contributed a tap until December. He wasn't just out of form, he looked scared of his own shadow and quite absurdly seemed to have forgotten how to a kick a football.

Alli contributed even less again, and was playing like a jumped up c*unt until a few weeks ago.

Both are in fine form now. Superb form.

But to put that in context, Raheem sterling had a superb August.

SHEEDY

Pep guardiola coming across as a bit of a knob in his post match interview. Pressure starting to tell?
nil satis nisi optimum

seafoid

The money in the EPL is insane.

mrdeeds

Mike Dean is a C of the highest order. Attention seeking gobshite.