County Manager Merry go round

Started by Rossfan, July 13, 2016, 10:14:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

REDCOL

Andy McEntee will be Meath Manager.

Cavan will probably end up with someone like Dermot McCabe.

David Power was a dead man wallking after the infamous tweet.

Evans could do a job with Laois.

Roscommon got rid of John Evans and Liam Kearns the parents involved in the Coup must feel like right geniuses after Tipperary's success.

Kuwabatake Sanjuro

Quote from: REDCOL on August 03, 2016, 07:35:38 PM

Roscommon got rid of John Evans and Liam Kearns the parents involved in the Coup must feel like right geniuses after Tipperary's success.

What was the infamous tweet?

Blowitupref

After 3 years and little or no championship progress I'd say John Evans time was up with Roscommon. What role had Kearns with Roscommon? He was never manager with them his last role as manager before Tipperary was Laois I think and he did poorly there.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Syferus

Quote from: Blowitupref on August 03, 2016, 08:23:20 PM

After 3 years and little or no championship progress I'd say John Evans time was up with Roscommon. What role had Kearns with Roscommon? He was never manager with them his last role as manager before Tipperary was Laois I think and he did poorly there.

Kearns was forwards coach. No input on team selection, tactics etc. Was interested in the job after we ousted Evans but it was never going to be a situation that we'd have done all that shite to appoint Evans' forwards coach.

Evans should have got his fourth year, but this was always going to be the next management.

AZOffaly

Quote from: Kuwabatake Sanjuro on August 03, 2016, 08:11:43 PM

What was the infamous tweet?

What tweet was this?
Didn't work out for David at Wexford but he still has loads to offer. Hopefully back in Tipp. I'd love to see him working to improve the development structures in Tipp.

Rossfan

Quote from: Syferus on August 03, 2016, 08:35:36 PM

Evans should have got his fourth year, but this was always going to be the next management.

The present 23 man management committee will hardly get a second year.
Evans' race was run last year.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

REDCOL

Prominent Player had a right cut at Power in a tweet after Westmeath qualified for Leinster Final.

Dinny Breen

If we had anyone over us and decent training we'd be in a Leinster final

— Adrian Flynn™(@Panthero84) June 26, 2016

#newbridgeornowhere

Syferus

Wexford have been shit long before David Power came. They probably will be long after he's gone too.

Tubberman

Quote from: Syferus on August 04, 2016, 12:25:02 AM
Wexford have been shit long before David Power came. They probably will be long after he's gone too.

They probably know they're shit though.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Owenmoresider

Quote from: Tubberman on August 04, 2016, 12:48:02 AM

Ha!

Of course while they've slipped well back in recent years, it's worth remembering that Wexford have reached an All Ireland semi final and NFL final in the past decade, and regularly put it up to Dublin in the white heat of championship in that time. But they've never done it on a January Sunday in Elphin so it probably doesn't count.

Syferus

Quote from: Tubberman on August 04, 2016, 12:48:02 AM

Rich, to say the least.

Gael85

I wonder anyone take a chance on Tommy Tom Carr  :)  The break from RTE would do just us good and I wouldn't have to put the mute button when he is co-commentating on games  ;D

Rossfan

Maybe he could go on a charity walk across Asia from Lebanon to Korea Thuaidh.
I'd certainly contribute  ;D
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

five points

Not a chance of that happening as Dermot is employed by the county board as a coaching manager. Either of his brothers Martin or Declan could be in the frame though.