Longford v Cork - AIQ Round 3B - Pearse park Sat 16 Jul at 3pm

Started by Shamrock Shore, July 11, 2016, 12:50:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shamrock Shore

Well. Who would have thought we be still in it?

Lookin for some Cork thoughts on this one.

Hello..........hello.......anyone from Cork?

Perhaps Hardy could give us the view from Leeside, seeing as he may have now committed himself to the Longford cause.

Just for the record it would seem we have only played Cork twice in the League in living memory.

Mid 80s and early 00s

Lost both down in Cork.

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

seafoid

Longford should spend the week developing an Iceland style 'huh' clap in case they win.

seafoid

Quote from: Rossfan on July 11, 2016, 01:06:29 PM
Be some craic if Longford win....... :)

They wouldn't get a marquee big enough for Drumlish

Shamrock Shore

Quote from: seafoid on July 11, 2016, 01:13:25 PM
Longford should spend the week developing an Iceland style 'huh' clap in case they win.

Brilliant - but hard to see it happening.............. ;D

As for Rossfan - I don't think a win for Longford would have the same seismic effect as last Sat has had. Cork won't care. They have no real support (not one poster here) it would seem and if they lose there will be a general "meh" down in Langerland.

I assume we will have 31 counties with us for this one. Kerry wouldn't support Cork now cos of Munster affiliation.....would they?  ::)

twohands!!!

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on July 11, 2016, 12:50:46 PM
Well. Who would have thought we be still in it?

Lookin for some Cork thoughts on this one.

Hello..........hello.......anyone from Cork?

Perhaps Hardy could give us the view from Leeside, seeing as he may have now committed himself to the Longford cause.

Just for the record it would seem we have only played Cork twice in the League in living memory.

Mid 80s and early 00s

Lost both down in Cork.

The mood in Cork GAA is terrible at the moment -  I know a couple of Cork GAA people and things are very bad there - it's getting to the stage you'd almost be reluctant to mention anything about the GAA with them - there's very little faith in the football management team's ability and the latest I've heard is the dark humour joke that the footballers were hoping to have Cuthbert reappointed when Healy goes. - That was after the Tipp game where the selections and tactics got a lot of criticism. Reading the reports on the Limerick game I'd expect a lot of high ball into Kelleher in attack.  Cork don't seem to have a lot in midfield - if Alan O'Connor isn't in great shape the next day with the quick turnaround because he was out injured for almost a year I could see Longford get joy there, especially as he is a big leader on the pitch. The keeper position is one where there has been a lot of chopping and changing and Longford definitely might get a return out of putting the Cork kickouts under pressure.

Limerick scored 0-10 against the Cork defence, which considering they scored 2-6 against Antrim and 0-13 against Clare and got a total of 4-73(85 points) in 7 league games (an average of 12 points) would lead me to believe the Cork defence isn't that secure, especially when you remember Tipp's score of 3-15 [Tipp's highest total of the year despite being in Division 3] The 2-12 Cork scored sounds decent but Limerick conceded 11-87 in the league (average of 17 points) against Division 3 opposition

Limerick,Clare, and Sligo are the only 3 teams the Cork footballers have beaten in this and the last 2 championships.

Connerton should force the Longford lads to watch the Connacht final and remind his lads that Roscommon scored 4-25 against Cork in the league.

I've been keeping an eye on Cork as regards betting especially after the bookies had the handicap versus Limerick as +11 - only went for small stakes as felt Limerick couldn't be relied on after a poor league. For this game it's +4 which is more of quandry.

Qwerty28

Great to have home advantage, surely worth a few points rather than being in Mullingar like Kildare game last year.

Don't think Longford have anything to fear whatsoever form Cork, seem to be in somewhat of a transitional phase, we have nothing to lose so  bring it on!

imtommygunn

I think Longford could well beat cork with the momentum they have.

Shamrock Shore

Now 3pm throw in.

Cork may be looking at train timetables........ :P

seafoid

panc56

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on July 11, 2016, 02:46:17 PM
Now 3pm throw in.

Cork may be looking at train timetables........ :P

I suppose they have a stadium to pay for and can't afford the overnight in the Longford Arms

Beffs

Two of their hurlers - Aidan Walsh and Alan Cadogan - have rejoined the football panel for this. Walsh is a former Young Footballer of the Year. Cadogan was a handy footballer at U21. However, it's hard to see them having much of an impact, if they haven't so much as kicked a football in a couple of years.

Jinxy

Longford fans have been saying 'huh' for years.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

laoislad

Shamrock Shoresson.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.