Donegal V Tyrone Ulster Final 17th July

Started by never kickt a ball, July 03, 2016, 11:12:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Throw ball

Quote from: red hander on July 17, 2016, 05:22:36 PM
Quote from: mrdeeds on July 17, 2016, 04:32:13 PM
Tyrone hard done by by ref. How was there no red card for kick on Cavanagh?

That clown Coldrick actually gave a yellow card for it, which defies logic, and then couple of seconds later Thompson committed a rugby tackle and he ignored it completely  >:(

Think Thompson escaped because he pulled his hands away as he fell. Ref may have thought he slipped. He was very lucky.

east down gael

Feck sake lads,ye won.never worry about the anti tyrone myth you have built up in your heads,go out and enjoy the win.

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: east down gael on July 17, 2016, 06:03:41 PM
Feck sake lads,ye won.never worry about the anti tyrone myth you have built up in your heads,go out and enjoy the win.

It's no myth.

The evidence builds and builds.

seafoid

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on July 17, 2016, 06:05:21 PM
Quote from: east down gael on July 17, 2016, 06:03:41 PM

It's no myth.

The evidence builds and builds.

The love of a good woman might help, bomber.

omaghjoe

Quote from: Throw ball on July 17, 2016, 05:33:33 PM

That clown Coldrick actually gave a yellow card for it, which defies logic, and then couple of seconds later Thompson committed a rugby tackle and he ignored it completely  >:(

Think Thompson escaped because he pulled his hands away as he fell. Ref may have thought he slipped. He was very lucky.

He didnt escape... he just wasn't wearing the right jersey

O'Rourke proclaimed he was the best referee in the country as well at half time ::)

red hander

Quote from: omaghjoe on July 17, 2016, 06:10:09 PM

O'Rourke proclaimed he was the best referee in the country as well at half time ::)

He's probably not even the best referee in his own house

Throw ball

Quote from: omaghjoe on July 17, 2016, 06:10:09 PM

Think McConville did too.  ;D

Fear ón Srath Bán

Just talking with a Meath lad there (not jinxy ;) ), who was equally bemused with Coldrick's black cards -- he didn't have a good game, which is nothing new with that particular individual.

Good win, if not a great spectacle, though it takes two to play that game.

Anyway, onwards we march :)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Throw ball

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on July 17, 2016, 06:29:00 PM
Just talking with a Meath lad there (not jinxy ;) ), who was equally bemused with Coldrick's black cards -- he didn't have a good game, which is nothing new with that particular individual.

Good win, if not a great spectacle, though it takes two to play that game.

Anyway, onwards we march :)

The real problem is that today epitomises the problems of football today. If it was only Tyrone and Donegal who played this way you could pass it off but it is most teams. The referees cannot be blamed for that.

Kuwabatake Sanjuro

I didn't mind the style of football played today, some shocking wides kicked which was balanced by some top class long range scores. The possession football was tolerable for me as Donegal were seeking openings while being wary of the counter. It reminded me of two heavy handed boxers with dodgy chins aware of their shortcomings.
I think Tyrone have a reasonable run until September and will take massive confidence from this but something still seems to be missing for me. Donegal still have some great players but are in definite decline, still dangerous though.

reddgnhand

Getting the win was important thing for Tyrone today. It wasn't pretty but the boys stood up today and answered a lot of questions.

clarshack

I'm sure it's already been said but it was unreal the many similarities today with the Tyrone v Derry 1995 game.

J70

Quote from: omaghjoe on July 17, 2016, 04:11:25 PM
Quote from: J70 on July 17, 2016, 04:00:15 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on July 17, 2016, 03:34:03 PM
Nonsense. That is the donnelly incident you are describing. The murphy one was not like that at all. All the commentators said it too.

Well Tommy Carr said so, so that must be the final word! ;D

McCann released the ball and ran into Murphy's chest with his shoulder immediately after. Tell us, please, where was Murphy supposed to go?

Donnelly had more time to get out of his way than Murphy did, if we are going to quibble over fractions of seconds.

Just because the Donnelly one was harsh or unjust doesn't mean that Murphy deserved one.

Within the context of the match tho he had to be consistent and he wasnt

First Donegal foul of the match  was one, and there was another in the 2nd by Thompson

Lets not forget Tyrone had a penalty too that wasnt given

And the push in the back on Ciaran Gillespie that may have been in the penalty area that wasn't punished?

ONeill

Sean is raging against the dying of the light. What a brilliant last 20 minutes from the Moy man. Canavan would do that in the 90s. They say McGuigan would do it in the 70/80s. Add Sean Cavanagh to that list. I thought his performance was majestic when it mattered.

Monroe was a wrecking ball when he came on and it unsettled Donegal.

I'd need to see it again to work out what happened to McHugh tracking Harte in the second half. Who did they get to curtail McHugh? Was it Brennan?

McHugh's performance was brilliant in that first half - as good as Sean's second half.

The black cards.....on the side of harsh though Donnelly didn't protest too much and McShane did trip the Donegal lad (though it appears to be for the verbals).

Massive monkey off the back. Donnelly and McShane will be raring to make up for lost time from now on.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Kuwabatake Sanjuro

Quote from: J70 on July 17, 2016, 07:13:16 PM

And the push in the back on Ciaran Gillespie that may have been in the penalty area that wasn't punished?

Definite foul but just outside the box, Donegal had a few scorable frees that should have been given in the 3rd quarter of the game. Thompson should have been off and the black cards were harsh so it probably balances out. Coldrick is a poor ref.