Donegal V Tyrone Ulster Final 17th July

Started by never kickt a ball, July 03, 2016, 11:12:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

omaghjoe

Quote from: omagh_gael on July 14, 2016, 04:52:32 PM
Quote from: SkillfulBill on July 14, 2016, 04:27:31 PM
Quote from: God14 on July 14, 2016, 02:02:24 PM
Have to be home fairly sharp on sunday evening and bearing in mind big attedance expected... wheres best place to park the car on sunday? Going via monaghan town

Drive past all of the car parks on way in from monaghan untill the garda directs u right and follow on down to just before the back enterance to the Roost Bar 3 car parks on ur left. Get into to the Duffy Terrace and out sharp on the final whistle you will be out and in Monaghan before the crowd is down the hill.

You forgot to factor in that three quarters of the Donegal support will have left with ten to go and Tyrone cruising it with a 7 point lead ;)

They'll be heading home thru Newtonbutler with their tails between their legs if thats the case with only Dromore and Trillick ones to accompany  them home.

I had sort of thought of doing that b4 Bill but was never brave enough to try for fear of a total quagmire, it actually works does it

Jayop

Quote from: Qwerty28 on July 14, 2016, 08:22:30 PM
Do you think ud be able to buy tickets on the day or is it likely to sell out by then? Hoping to head along but wont know for sure until Sunday morning

You'd normally get one from someone in Clones if you asked around but it's a risk.

Il Bomber Destro

1 – Niall Morgan – Éadan na dTorc
2 – Aidan McCrory – Aireagal Chiaráin
3 – Ronan McNamee – Achadh Uí Aráin
4 – Cathal McCarron – An Droim Mór
5 – Tiernan McCann – Coill an Chlochair
6 – Justin McMahon – An Omaigh
7 – Peter Harte – Aireagal Chiaráin
8 – Colm Cavanagh – An Mhaigh
9 – Mattie Donnelly – Trí Leac
10 – Cathal McShane – Eoghan Ruadh Uí Néill
11 – Niall Sludden – An Droim Mór
12 – Ronan McNabb – An Droim Mór
13 – Connor McAliskey – Cluain Eo
14 – Sean Cavanagh (c) – An Mhaigh
15 – Ronan O'Neill – An Omaigh
16 – Michael O'Neill – Cluain Eo
17 – Mark Bradley – Coill an Chlochair
18 – Rory Brennan – Trí Leac
19 – Conor Clarke – An Omaigh
20 – Pádraig Hampsey – Oileán a'Ghuail
21 – Conall McCann – Coill an Chlochair
22 – Darren McCurry – Éadan na dTorc
23 – Kieran McGeary – Cabhán a'Chaortainn
24 – Padraig McNulty – Pádraig Mac an Ultaigh
25 – Jonathan Monroe – An Charraig Mhór
26 – Barry Tierney – An Omaigh

No Richie Donnelly or Conor Meyler in the 26.

Lee Brennan misses out again as well.

skeog

blewuporstuffed

Richie donnelly is injured,  not sure about myler but I would imagine he would be there otherwise too.
Can't get my head round conor Clarke being included in the 26 ???
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

omagh_gael

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on July 14, 2016, 09:25:57 PM
1 – Niall Morgan – Éadan na dTorc
2 – Aidan McCrory – Aireagal Chiaráin
3 – Ronan McNamee – Achadh Uí Aráin
4 – Cathal McCarron – An Droim Mór
5 – Tiernan McCann – Coill an Chlochair
6 – Justin McMahon – An Omaigh
7 – Peter Harte – Aireagal Chiaráin
8 – Colm Cavanagh – An Mhaigh
9 – Mattie Donnelly – Trí Leac
10 – Cathal McShane – Eoghan Ruadh Uí Néill
11 – Niall Sludden – An Droim Mór
12 – Ronan McNabb – An Droim Mór
13 – Connor McAliskey – Cluain Eo
14 – Sean Cavanagh (c) – An Mhaigh
15 – Ronan O'Neill – An Omaigh
16 – Michael O'Neill – Cluain Eo
17 – Mark Bradley – Coill an Chlochair
18 – Rory Brennan – Trí Leac
19 – Conor Clarke – An Omaigh
20 – Pádraig Hampsey – Oileán a'Ghuail
21 – Conall McCann – Coill an Chlochair
22 – Darren McCurry – Éadan na dTorc
23 – Kieran McGeary – Cabhán a'Chaortainn
24 – Padraig McNulty – Pádraig Mac an Ultaigh
25 – Jonathan Monroe – An Charraig Mhór
26 – Barry Tierney – An Omaigh

No Richie Donnelly or Conor Meyler in the 26.

Lee Brennan misses out again as well.

It appears Padraig McNulty has gone dissident and formed a breakaway club in his own name. Fair play to him.

Moortown Spuds

Clarke is there as an option to dog Murphy. He has the strength. Remember 2005 when Brian Meenan played again Armagh and bounced round the middle hitting everything that moved? I don't think he played much before or after that game but he was great that day. Brennan will start.

Jayop

Quote from: omagh_gael on July 14, 2016, 09:46:13 PM

It appears Padraig McNulty has gone dissident and formed a breakaway club in his own name. Fair play to him.

lol well spotted/

redzone

Quote from: Moortown Spuds on July 14, 2016, 09:54:35 PM
Clarke is there as an option to dog Murphy. He has the strength. Remember 2005 when Brian Meenan played again Armagh and bounced round the middle hitting everything that moved? I don't think he played much before or after that game but he was great that day. Brennan will start.

Like the way u put the question mark regarding Meehan. Did he play well that day, u might be right, can't mind. Think Brennan should start as well to pick up mchugh, but who would be dropped. Surely Murphy would eat Clarke for his breakfast if they are paired off. Surprised he made the bench and there could well be a change hopefully

omagh_gael

Who do you drop for Brennan? McNabb? Sludden?

Should Mickey put our strongest runner (T McCann) on McHugh to try and disrupt his game?

Norf Tyrone

What's the craic  with Lee Brennan. Potentially the answer to our free problem.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

ONeill

Interested to see how McCrory is deployed on Sunday. He was given the task of man marking McKiernan and did reasonably well. He'll hardly be asked to hound Murphy? McMahon did that well last year.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

SkillfulBill

Quote from: omaghjoe on July 14, 2016, 09:14:47 PM
Quote from: omagh_gael on July 14, 2016, 04:52:32 PM
Quote from: SkillfulBill on July 14, 2016, 04:27:31 PM
Quote from: God14 on July 14, 2016, 02:02:24 PM
Have to be home fairly sharp on sunday evening and bearing in mind big attedance expected... wheres best place to park the car on sunday? Going via monaghan town

Drive past all of the car parks on way in from monaghan untill the garda directs u right and follow on down to just before the back enterance to the Roost Bar 3 car parks on ur left. Get into to the Duffy Terrace and out sharp on the final whistle you will be out and in Monaghan before the crowd is down the hill.

You forgot to factor in that three quarters of the Donegal support will have left with ten to go and Tyrone cruising it with a 7 point lead ;)

They'll be heading home thru Newtonbutler with their tails between their legs if thats the case with only Dromore and Trillick ones to accompany  them home.

I had sort of thought of doing that b4 Bill but was never brave enough to try for fear of a total quagmire, it actually works does it

100%. The ones parked out the monaghan road take about 20 mins to hit the carparks you will be long gone.

ose 14

lee brennan meyler and big richie all injured. thats a pity as all three would significantly improve our sub options. we need to get off to a flier on sunday. our first 20 mins in ballybofey last year was shocking and if it hadnt been for our keeper donegal would have hammered us. similarly we had a shocking last 20  tiny dancer mccurry missed a scoreable free and murphy won donegal the game. i think both teams have a lot of questions to answer. donegal have given up a little bit of their defensive meaness to commit more men forward, which gives teams a few more goal chances, tyrone need to make hay here to win sunday. similarly harte will have to take the shackles off and in doing so he will expose tyrones rearguard especially to quick longball, will he do that or will he keep it ultra tight. first goal sunday will be crucial tyrone by 3 i hope.

Fuzzman

Would be good to hear the thoughts of some of the Donegal posters and neutrals on how they think the game will go.
J70 tends to be cautious and plays down your chances but where do you think ye can win this game and what is your concerns?

I think both teams will be worried if either team get too far ahead as they are good at closing up shop and not letting the other team back into it. Tyrone showed v Cavan the last day that if you push forward and leave big holes that they have the players now to create and score goals. You somehow can't see any Tyrone player running 50 yards this Sunday to score an easy goal.

Both teams so far have shown much more of an attacking attitude but I think that could be curbed a lot on Sunday with so much at stake.