Donegal V Tyrone Ulster Final 17th July

Started by never kickt a ball, July 03, 2016, 11:12:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

God14

Have to be home fairly sharp on sunday evening and bearing in mind big attedance expected... wheres best place to park the car on sunday? Going via monaghan town

Jayop

Enjoyed that article there from Bogue, it's one of the best things about the build up to these big games, the opinion pieces from Wednesday on.

He's right about most of that too. Tyrone had become complacent towards Ulster titles back in the late 00's, they were seen merely as something of a stepping stone towards bigger things and Donegal being so good for the last 5 years has totally changed that. I was devastated the last 2 times they beat us especially and if we are to win on Sunday then it'll be celebrated with as much vigour as 2001 or 2003 was.

Another interesting side point is that Tyrone are currently 1 shy of Armagh's 14 Ulster Titles so it would be nice to equal that with our neighbours from the other side. I was chatting to my Donegal buddy who will be heading up to the game with me recently there and he surprised me by saying that Donegal had only won 5 titles before 2011. Growing up watching them winning the AI and celebrating it like it was Tyrone back in 1992 I was shocked at that one. Bar Cavan at one end and Fermanagh on the other there's not a huge amount between the rest of the Ulster counties in terms of provincial success.

This should be a cracker of a game though.

SkillfulBill

Quote from: God14 on July 14, 2016, 02:02:24 PM
Have to be home fairly sharp on sunday evening and bearing in mind big attedance expected... wheres best place to park the car on sunday? Going via monaghan town

Drive past all of the car parks on way in from monaghan untill the garda directs u right and follow on down to just before the back enterance to the Roost Bar 3 car parks on ur left. Get into to the Duffy Terrace and out sharp on the final whistle you will be out and in Monaghan before the crowd is down the hill.

omagh_gael

Quote from: SkillfulBill on July 14, 2016, 04:27:31 PM
Quote from: God14 on July 14, 2016, 02:02:24 PM

Drive past all of the car parks on way in from monaghan untill the garda directs u right and follow on down to just before the back enterance to the Roost Bar 3 car parks on ur left. Get into to the Duffy Terrace and out sharp on the final whistle you will be out and in Monaghan before the crowd is down the hill.

You forgot to factor in that three quarters of the Donegal support will have left with ten to go and Tyrone cruising it with a 7 point lead ;)

J70

Quote from: ONeill on July 14, 2016, 09:49:52 AM
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=t94NNOP0Xcs

Check out this one from the 72 final. http://www.rte.ie/sport/gaa/2016/0714/802426-donegal-v-tyrone-1972/

Never saw this footage before. Interesting to see legends like McEniff and Seamus Bonner in action. The football is, in the famous words of Mourinho, 19th century!

Paddy McMahon, Tyrone number 12 - He looks like Joe with long hair and a beard. Any relation to the McMahon brothers?

Fuzzman

Mickey looking very relaxed and happy at the press night.
I'd say he's glad to be back in an Ulster final with a new group of players.
http://teamtalkmag.com/2016/07/video-mickey-harte-ulster-final-press-day/
Will be interesting to see if he names the same time tonight from the last game with Justy and McNabb adding a bit of experience to the defence.

With all the negative talk about last week's Connacht final and the amount of pundits including McGuinness himself giving out about the state of the game, then a lot of people will be watching this game with keen interest to see if these two main "founders of defensive systems" can actually play a fair, entertaining battle with no cynical play. With the stakes so high you would worry both will retreat into their defensive shell but I think both adapted their systems to be more attack minded. Hopefully both behave themselves

J70

Hopefully they'll behave all right, but you know there will be flash point or two somewhere along the line.

Think it was played fairly sportingly last year, except for the half-time bullshit which seemed to have started with an exchange between Eamon McGee and Sean Cavanagh, if I remember correctly.

Jayop

There's no chance that this games goes without at least one controversial incident that will be blown out of all proportion, both by the team who feel they are on the receiving end and the media. It's par for the course now really with Tyrone and Donegal.

omagh_gael

Quote from: J70 on July 14, 2016, 05:15:39 PM
Quote from: ONeill on July 14, 2016, 09:49:52 AM
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=t94NNOP0Xcs

Check out this one from the 72 final. http://www.rte.ie/sport/gaa/2016/0714/802426-donegal-v-tyrone-1972/

Never saw this footage before. Interesting to see legends like McEniff and Seamus Bonner in action. The football is, in the famous words of Mourinho, 19th century!

Paddy McMahon, Tyrone number 12 - He looks like Joe with long hair and a beard. Any relation to the McMahon brothers?

That's their dad.

Whitnail

Well both teams are actually playing football this weather. Looking forward to this game bigtime. Doubt too many of us care what the neutrals think about it as it's always a grudge match anyways. Hopefully we'll see some of that recent tyrone player insecurity complex that has been good to us in the last few years :D :D

Qwerty28

Do you think ud be able to buy tickets on the day or is it likely to sell out by then? Hoping to head along but wont know for sure until Sunday morning

skeog

Fear ón Srath Bán

As skeog says, and grand job it is too :)

Tyrone team v Donegal USFC final

Tír Eoghain v Dún na nGall

1 – Niall Morgan – Éadan na dTorc
2 – Aidan McCrory – Aireagal Chiaráin
3 – Ronan McNamee – Achadh Uí Aráin
4 – Cathal McCarron – An Droim Mór
5 – Tiernan McCann – Coill an Chlochair
6 – Justin McMahon – An Omaigh
7 – Peter Harte – Aireagal Chiaráin
8 – Colm Cavanagh – An Mhaigh
9 – Mattie Donnelly – Trí Leac
10 – Cathal McShane – Eoghan Ruadh Uí Néill
11 – Niall Sludden – An Droim Mór
12 – Ronan McNabb – An Droim Mór
13 – Connor McAliskey – Cluain Eo
14 – Sean Cavanagh (c) – An Mhaigh
15 – Ronan O'Neill – An Omaigh

16 – Michael O'Neill – Cluain Eo
17 – Mark Bradley – Coill an Chlochair
18 – Rory Brennan – Trí Leac
19 – Conor Clarke – An Omaigh
20 – Pádraig Hampsey – Oileán a'Ghuail
21 – Conall McCann – Coill an Chlochair
22 – Darren McCurry – Éadan na dTorc
23 – Kieran McGeary – Cabhán a'Chaortainn
24 – Padraig McNulty – Pádraig Mac an Ultaigh
25 – Jonathan Monroe – An Charraig Mhór
26 – Barry Tierney – An Omaigh
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

sambostar

No Richie, Meyler or Lee in 26 - bench not as strong as expected

redzone

Can anyone confirm out of curiosity this is the list that is handed in to the Ulster council or is just for the programme