Donegal V Tyrone Ulster Final 17th July

Started by never kickt a ball, July 03, 2016, 11:12:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: skeog on July 08, 2016, 09:11:10 PM
Are season ticket holders seated in the pat mc grane stand. Bit unfair on the people who never miss a match.

Yep, the feckers, taking far too much for granted I'd say.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Redhand Santa

I've no issue with going to the pat McGrane. Would much rather get a decent seat there than be at front or corner of Gerry Arthur's. Sometimes season ticket holders get bad treatment but can't see the issue with the McGrane. Just hope don't get a crap seat in it.

Wildweasel74

i have had some of the shittest seats with my season ticket come championship, just haven't bothered renewing it past few years cause if this, its not worth the money anymore

BluestackBoy

The Hill is the place to be unless you are an oul fella & the legs ust aren't up to it or you are a shortarse & don't want to carry a box to stand on.
For what shall it profit a man if he gains the whole world & loses his soul.

omaghjoe

Must win game this we have the team. Its time to derail this bandwagon Donegal have been on once and for all and send them back to their true loves "the turf", "the rallying" and soccer.

ONeill

It'll take a good referee though. Donegal will play over the edge as usual and it works against Tyrone unfortunately, or has worked in the recent past. I'm not convinced Tyrone have improved that much in the physical stakes if Donegal decide to go down that road, which they will.

They'll fcuk up Peter Harte and/or Donnelly in the first half.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

rrhf

Donegal will be seeing one last Ulster title as their main goal this year. This represents their final throw of the dice. They could attempt a slaughter of the innocents..

omaghjoe

Who is our enforcer? Donegal have them everywhere
Is McNamee the only real one we got? We need more out the field. I remember was it the 05 final Galvin was acting the maggot and Dooher stuck an elbow in his face first chance he got, kept him quiet for the rest of the day.
We need a few more lads who can dish out the medicene in the opposition as required and most importantly with a cool head. Surely it must be on the curriculum up at Garvaghy Dark Arts Academy

BluestackBoy

Quote from: rrhf on July 10, 2016, 08:11:44 AM
Donegal will be seeing one last Ulster title as their main goal this year. This represents their final throw of the dice. They could attempt a slaughter of the innocents..

One last Ulster title?  Final throw of the dice?

This is a young Donegal team whose average age against Monaghan was only 25.  Granted there are a few "senior citizens" in the team but players like the McGee's, Frank McGlynn & Rory Kavanagh are still playing well.

If you had told me that we could play without Durkan, Neil McGee & Neil Gallagher & not miss them I would have said "No chance", but that is where we are with a clutch of great young players being integrated by degrees.

Donegal are not going anywhere.

skeog

BennyHarp

Quote from: BluestackBoy on July 10, 2016, 09:11:12 AM

This is a young Donegal team whose average age against Monaghan was only 25.  Granted there are a few "senior citizens" in the team but players like the McGee's, Frank McGlynn & Rory Kavanagh are still playing well.

If you had told me that we could play without Durkan, Neil McGee & Neil Gallagher & not miss them I would have said "No chance", but that is where we are with a clutch of great young players being integrated by degrees.

Bit harsh but true!
That was never a square ball!!

J70

Oh my god, won't someone think of the children?!! ::) ;D

BluestackBoy

Quote from: BennyHarp on July 10, 2016, 10:53:56 AM
Quote from: BluestackBoy on July 10, 2016, 09:11:12 AM

Bit harsh but true!

Very droll Benny, very droll!!!

Jinxy

They'll have to find them first.

If you were any use you'd be playing.

Fuzzman

I see David Coldrick is down to ref it. He'll have his hands full and you would imagine Tyrone's continued inability to have a consistent free taker could ease the pressure on Donegal's discipline in the tackle.
They will realise that if Tyrone break at pace that systematic fouling could prove a worthwhile tactic.

I hope Tyrone can keep their own heads and not get involved in the darker side of the game as Donegal will benefit more I think if it's a scrappy war of attrition game rather than a more open free flowing game which will soon Tyrone more. It rarely is of course but I think both teams have changed their style a bit this year with you seeing more over the top kick passes and players running ahead of the ball into space.
Goals are always a big deal in this fixture and surprisingly both have conceded quite a few this year already in Ulster.

I am a tad worried Michael Murphy has never really let loose on Tyrone and last year it was again his excellent free taking that helped win them the game. Donegal will have been intrigued at how Cavan scored so many goals against us and you would wonder will they kick a lot more high ball in than they usually do, if for no other reason but to keep Colm C back in close to his own goal.

Hopefully the Tyrone fans will come out in force for this big game as in recent years Donegal have been a lot more vociferous with quite an edge to the games.