Donegal V Tyrone Ulster Final 17th July

Started by never kickt a ball, July 03, 2016, 11:12:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beffs

Quote from: BluestackBoy on July 06, 2016, 11:41:20 PM
Not everyone in Ulster would buy into the Saint Mickey myth here in Ulster.

He is a hard, ruthless, man who I admire in many ways but warm & cuddly? I think not.

I don't think that anyone is under any illusions that you have to be hard as nails, to be a successful inter county manager. However, there are 23 other counties, who do not spend their summers watching their lads get kicked from pillar to post in the rough and tumble of the Ulster championship. So they may have a more benign view of the man than those in Ulster.

redzone

Quote from: Beffs on July 06, 2016, 11:10:25 PM
Quote from: redzone on July 06, 2016, 09:46:27 PM
Quote from: longballin on July 06, 2016, 06:13:17 PM
Quote from: Beffs on July 06, 2016, 05:19:37 PM
Tyrone would be the neutrals pick imo. Mainly due to the Mickey Harte factor.

Mickey Harte factor? eh?

Yeah Micky Harte. Do u find it hard to take in that quite a few people look upto him and admire him for his football longevitty and everything else that has happened.

Not quite sure why you are taking issue with what I said. I would have thought that the above was so obvious, it hardly needed to be stated.

More of a dig at longballin who has always a sly dig at Tyrone in general, even thou he's a Tyrone man. Supposedly

under the bar

QuoteLaughable that anyone thinks tyrone would be the neutrals pick.

And what qualifies you to make that judgement??

skeog

Winners on sunday week look likely to be heading for the 3rd sunday in september A side of the draw looks very weak.

Redhand Santa

Winners would still play in a b team in the quarter finals which would not be easy. It would most likely be Mayo Monaghan or Cork if they got back on track. If they won that they'd be looking at a very winnable semi though against the Connacht champions or an a qualifier. The losers would face a nightmare path against one of the above teams followed by Dublin then Kerry just to get to a final.

redhandefender

Quote from: Redhand Santa on July 08, 2016, 08:02:55 AM
Winners would still play in a b team in the quarter finals which would not be easy. It would most likely be Mayo Monaghan or Cork if they got back on track. If they won that they'd be looking at a very winnable semi though against the Connacht champions or an a qualifier. The losers would face a nightmare path against one of the above teams followed by Dublin then Kerry just to get to a final.

I'm pretty sure the winners in ulster avoid Monaghan, Mayo and Cork. Check again my friend.

Redhand Santa

Checked again and it confirmed what I already knew. The ulster champs and leinster champs play b teams on Saturday 6th August. The b teams currently include Mayo Cork and Monaghan. The losers of the ulster final will also go into the b side of the draw. There is a serious difference in the b sides compared to a - every year it seems to work out very uneven.

The ulster champs are due to play the Connacht champs in the semi finals. The Connacht champs play an a team in the quarter final so will have a very strong chance of making it through.

BennyHarp

Saturday, July 30, 2016 - Monday, August 01, 2016

Round 4B

Leinster Provincial Final Loser  v Round 3B Winner

Round 4B

Ulster Provincial Final Loser v Round 3B Winner

Quarter-Final (A)

Connacht Winner v Round 4A Winner

Quarter-Final (A)

Kerry  v Round 4A Winner

Saturday, August 06, 2016

Quarter-Final (B)

Leinster Winner v Round 4B Winner

Quarter-Final (B)

Ulster Winner v Round 4B Winner

Sunday, August 21, 2016

Semi-Final  -  Páirc an Chrócaigh

Connacht* v Ulster*

Sunday, August 28, 2016

Semi-Final  -  Páirc an Chrócaigh

Leinster* v Munster*
That was never a square ball!!

BennyHarp

A group
Tipp
Derry v Meath
Cavan v Carlow
Clare v Laois

B group
Limerick v Cork
Mayo v Fermanagh
Monaghan v Longford
Kildare v Offaly

So looks like winner faces a tough enough quarter

Fuzzman

So the Ulster loser could meet the Dubs but not Kerry in the quarterfinal, is that right?

So despite it being a HUGE game anyway to wrestle back the power in Ulster, it also means the winner has a much easier route to the AI final should they progress.
A lot of the Tyrone panel don't have Ulster medals and so for the first time in years being in an Ulster final is a huge deal. As big Sean said back in 2010 and 2011 we took it for granted but not this team.

Donegal will know that they usually struggle after losing an Ulster final and they could even meet Monaghan or Mayo again which they will be keen to avoid.

JoG2

Quote from: under the bar on July 08, 2016, 12:20:12 AM
QuoteLaughable that anyone thinks tyrone would be the neutrals pick.

And what qualifies you to make that judgement??

I'm guessing he has a set of eyes and ears  :)

WT4E

Ball Hopper

Quote from: BennyHarp on July 08, 2016, 10:45:24 AM
A group
Tipp
Derry v Meath
Cavan v Carlow
Clare v Laois

B group
Limerick v Cork
Mayo v Fermanagh
Monaghan v Longford
Kildare v Offaly

Benny, I think you need to replace Tipp with Sligo in the A group.  Tipp, as Munster Final loser and Connacht Final loser will play last two standing in A group.

Similarly, Ulster Final loser and Leinster Final loser will play last two standing from B group.

Open to correction, but that's the way I see it.

BennyHarp

Quote from: Ball Hopper on July 08, 2016, 03:25:39 PM
Quote from: BennyHarp on July 08, 2016, 10:45:24 AM
A group
Tipp
Derry v Meath
Cavan v Carlow
Clare v Laois

B group
Limerick v Cork
Mayo v Fermanagh
Monaghan v Longford
Kildare v Offaly

Benny, I think you need to replace Tipp with Sligo in the A group.  Tipp, as Munster Final loser and Connacht Final loser will play last two standing in A group.

Similarly, Ulster Final loser and Leinster Final loser will play last two standing from B group.

Open to correction, but that's the way I see it.

Cheers, Yes, your right regarding Sligo being in group A and Tipp being Munster losers. The fixtures I just copied from gaa.ie starting from where the two ulster finalists would end up as must have missed off the Connacht and Munster fixtures!

skeog

Are season ticket holders seated in the pat mc grane stand. Bit unfair on the people who never miss a match.