Donegal V Tyrone Ulster Final 17th July

Started by never kickt a ball, July 03, 2016, 11:12:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fuzzman

Yeah it was a good well times shoulder by Monroe though was surprised McGlynn was injured after it. (was his dad not Raymond Munroe with a u not an o)?

What did ye think of McCann's tackle from behind on the edge of the square that time?
At the time I thought it was a penalty but the ref wasn't giving out any more soft frees at that time.

oakleafgael

Quote from: Fuzzman on July 21, 2016, 09:44:19 AM
Yeah it was a good well times shoulder by Monroe though was surprised McGlynn was injured after it. (was his dad not Raymond Munroe with a u not an o)?

What did ye think of McCann's tackle from behind on the edge of the square that time?
At the time I thought it was a penalty but the ref wasn't giving out any more soft frees at that time.

Both where frees, Munroe's timing was very slightly off and it caught McGlynn more on the back than the shoulder, but by that stage the ref had stopped giving frees inside the 45's. Even the first of the two long range ones he awarded to Donegal he moved it a further 5 yards back from where it should have been.

under the bar

QuoteBellew never looked the same after it. 👙

The McEntee twins had to walk Francie to the bus after!  ;D :o

red hander

Quote from: under the bar on July 21, 2016, 04:15:49 PM
QuoteBellew never looked the same after it. 👙

The McEntee twins had to walk Francie to the bus after!  ;D :o

I felt it, and I was sitting in the middle deck of the Canal End ... and the Buckfast boys still whinge about it being a foul  ;D

omagh_gael

Cathal McShane shared a pretty cool photo on instagram today showing him meeting Mickey in 2003 and celebrating with Mickey 13 years later. Cathal McCarron's comment a bit rich after his effort on goal in the second half!!

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: omagh_gael on July 21, 2016, 06:49:33 PM
Cathal McShane shared a pretty cool photo on instagram today showing him meeting Mickey in 2003 and celebrating with Mickey 13 years later. Cathal McCarron's comment a bit rich after his effort on goal in the second half!!

All a bit surreal for myself. A photo I took in 2003 going viral in 2016. The big f****r never even asked for the rights!
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

omagh_gael

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on July 21, 2016, 08:45:03 PM

All a bit surreal for myself. A photo I took in 2003 going viral in 2016. The big f****r never even asked for the rights!

Very good! Is that you threatening to sue him over on Twitter?? :)

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: omagh_gael on July 21, 2016, 09:50:51 PM
Quote from: Norf Tyrone on July 21, 2016, 08:45:03 PM

Very good! Is that you threatening to sue him over on Twitter?? :)

Ha ha. Maybe.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

skeog

a real good lad cathal mc shane credit to his club

J70

Quote from: oakleafgael on July 21, 2016, 10:26:53 AM

Both where frees, Munroe's timing was very slightly off and it caught McGlynn more on the back than the shoulder, but by that stage the ref had stopped giving frees inside the 45's. Even the first of the two long range ones he awarded to Donegal he moved it a further 5 yards back from where it should have been.

The McGlynn one seems to be the main complaint from the Donegal area (well that and the failure to vary the tactics and bring on Leo!), especially as it would very likely have put Donegal two points up very late on instead of Tyrone going down the field for Cavanagh's wonder point.

But... them's the breaks. We all benefit and suffer at some point. I still think Tyrone just about deserved that wee bit more on the day.

lenny

Quote from: J70 on July 22, 2016, 05:54:54 PM

The McGlynn one seems to be the main complaint from the Donegal area (well that and the failure to vary the tactics and bring on Leo!), especially as it would very likely have put Donegal two points up very late on instead of Tyrone going down the field for Cavanagh's wonder point.

But... them's the breaks. We all benefit and suffer at some point. I still think Tyrone just about deserved that wee bit more on the day.

A lot of devate aftte this game on changes to the rules which would make the game more attractive. Jim mcguinness suggesting teams must keep 3 players in the opposition half at all times but joe brolly going with the idea of teams resetting after the ball goes dead with only 4 midfielders allowed between the 45s. I was talking to a non gaa fan the other day and he thought we should take a rule from water polo ie once you get possession you have 60 seconds to get a score, otherwise possession goes to the opposition. If a foul is committed the 60 seconds begins again. My first thought is it just might work and could speed up the game and make it more exciting. I haven't given it a lot of thought though so I thought I'd put it on here to see what people thought.

BennyHarp

Quote from: lenny on July 22, 2016, 09:03:02 PM
Quote from: J70 on July 22, 2016, 05:54:54 PM

A lot of devate aftte this game on changes to the rules which would make the game more attractive. Jim mcguinness suggesting teams must keep 3 players in the opposition half at all times but joe brolly going with the idea of teams resetting after the ball goes dead with only 4 midfielders allowed between the 45s. I was talking to a non gaa fan the other day and he thought we should take a rule from water polo ie once you get possession you have 60 seconds to get a score, otherwise possession goes to the opposition. If a foul is committed the 60 seconds begins again. My first thought is it just might work and could speed up the game and make it more exciting. I haven't given it a lot of thought though so I thought I'd put it on here to see what people thought.

Read this on Joe Brolly's idea. Does Joe even think through what he says?

http://www.sportsjoe.ie/gaa/say-hello-to-the-new-breed-of-midfielder-if-joe-brollys-proposed-rule-changes-are-enforced/88128
That was never a square ball!!

omagh_gael

I always find the Ulster council's match analysis very interesting. Particularly the alternative camera views, at least they managed to catch the lead up to McGreary's last point. Something the BBC failed miserably at!

http://ulster.gaa.ie/2016/07/ulster-final-2016-donegal-v-tyrone-statistical-analysis/

ONeill

Some great camera grabs indeed. Sean's last point was a monster.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

omagh_gael

Quote from: ONeill on July 26, 2016, 01:39:51 PM
Some great camera grabs indeed. Sean's last point was a monster.

McNaillais' (sic) efforts were fantastic as well, he looks like he is stroking them over from 20 yards out rather the guts of 50 yards. Especially his last one which was into the breeze.