Donegal V Tyrone Ulster Final 17th July

Started by never kickt a ball, July 03, 2016, 11:12:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GJL

Quote from: T Fearon on July 17, 2016, 11:08:25 PM
Donegal had the game won,but didn't press on and close it out.If Jimmy had been in the dug out.Apart from that it was a dire spectacle,reflecting the abysmal state of Ulster Football in general currently.

How much did you lose? 😳

Moortown Spuds

Quote from: GJL on July 17, 2016, 11:11:39 PM
Donegal had the game won,but didn't press on and close it out.If Jimmy had been in the dug out.Apart from that it was a dire spectacle,reflecting the abysmal state of Ulster Football in general currently.

How much did you lose? 😳

Must have been enough. He's been lurking all afternoon/evening without commenting. Must have stung.

White Heat-Tyrone won. Just like 2005 I'm CP when they stared Armagh in the eyes and they blinked.

Cavanagh-what a man!

omaghjoe

I thought we would not see Tony on this thread again

Glad to haveyou back Tony, with you back on Tyrone glorious victory should break 50 pages now no problem.

sensethetone

Any word of Declan Bonner yet, he can't be taking this well?

Beardy umpire in the first half watched/listened to grief Neil Magee was given spoke to him regarding it and then he gets McShane sent off.

Winning today is far more than just an Ulster title.

omaghjoe

Quote from: Moortown Spuds on July 17, 2016, 11:13:39 PM
Quote from: GJL on July 17, 2016, 11:11:39 PM

How much did you lose? 😳

Must have been enough. He's been lurking all afternoon/evening without commenting. Must have stung.

White Heat-Tyrone won. Just like 2005 I'm CP when they stared Armagh in the eyes and they blinked.

Cavanagh-what a man!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ykDJ5D3w9I

ashman

Was it the first time umpires wore shirts and ties ???

Milltown Row2

Quote from: ashman on July 17, 2016, 11:48:12 PM
Was it the first time umpires wore shirts and ties ???

They always do, just usually a white coat over it
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Gold

Sean Cavanagh. What an absolute and utter legend
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

moysider

Quote from: Gold on July 18, 2016, 12:40:41 AM
Sean Cavanagh. What an absolute and utter legend

+1.

I remember him in Mark. Park in 03 I think it was, going through the warm up for AI-u21 final. Maybe a week after winning senior and he was as focused as could be. He was already a huge player in Tyrone senior at that stage.
I don t think Tyrone has a young player of that stature. He was unreal today but a bit much to expect him to do that every day - and he will have to if Tyrone are going to win in last 4. That would be my doubt about Tyrone now. They will be set up well as always but if Harte and Sean Cavanagh are not exceptional, I'm not sure.

rrhf

Quote from: T Fearon on July 17, 2016, 10:39:33 PM
Possibly the worst Ulster Final of the worst Ulster Championship in history.Donegal had the game won at half time and controlled the second half,but would not press home the advantage. Had Jimmy been in charge there's no way that they would have lost that.

Hardly matters,as neither of the two will get past the quarter finals anyway
Hummus with a different team now. How'd they get on last week?

sligoman2

Ulster football is boring defensive shyte.  Never thought this would happen to me but I switched over to the golf because this was brutal to watch as an observer. 
I fear for the future of football after watching this load of crap.
I used to be indecisive but now I'm not too sure.

T Fearon

Exactly.Two teams with the same crap sterile style.Brutal to watch

omagh_gael

Quote from: sligoman2 on July 18, 2016, 05:59:45 AM
Ulster football is boring defensive shyte.  Never thought this would happen to me but I switched over to the golf because this was brutal to watch as an observer. 

Tbf, both Monaghan v Donegal games were pretty good and our games v Cavan were average (very good until we steamrolled away from them). However, I agree that yesterday's fare was putrid. We were very cagey in the 1st half but significantly upped the tempo in the second and committed more men forward and attempted to break the Doegal line and forged enough chances to win the game. On the other hand, Donegal went full on 2011 mode v Dublin in the second half. Over and back, over and back, rinse and repeat. Holy f**k that brutal, how frustrated must Murphy and McBrearty be in that team? How many direct balls of more than 25/30 metres were played into the full forward line? I genuinely can only remember one. Take away the excellent long range shooting from R McHugh and McNailis and Donegal were totally and utterly impotent. How many scores from play has Murphy got this year? Would be surprised if it's more than 5/6.

On a separate note, I couldn't get to the last two games due to the recent birth of my son so was forced to watch it on TV. Tommy Tom Tom Tom on RTE was insufferable so switched over to BBC. Thomas Kane and Marty Clarke were a better duo to listen to but holy fcuk I was ready to throw the TV out of the window with the television director continually and for ridiculously long time frames showing irrelevant close ups of managers, crowd and players. You can expect this with BBC camera work but today brought it to a whole new level.

imtommygunn

It is incredibly frustrating when they just pan to mickey Harte or someone on the bench for ages while you can clearly hear something is happening in the game but they just won't show it. It used to be continual replays ruin it now it's that. Happened a lot yesterday.

BennyHarp

Quote from: sligoman2 on July 18, 2016, 05:59:45 AM

So you missed a fairly exciting last 10 mins then. Sometimes sporting events don't have to be virtuoso displays of brilliance from both sides to be of interest. This was a battle of two local rivals, who know each other's style of play inside out but was eventually going to be won by the team that could marginally rise above the mire and produce a glorious moment or two to win the game. More fool you if you missed Cavanaghs three points and Peter Hartes glorious clincher. Not to mention a couple of long range efforts from Donegal in the second half that would grace any stage, MacNiallais' effort was just superb. If you appreciate competitive sport you would appreciate these moments. But then the golf was a thrill a minute I'm sure!
That was never a square ball!!