Monaghan v Longford - AIQ Round 2B - Clones 9 July at 6.30 pm

Started by Shamrock Shore, July 03, 2016, 10:45:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shamrock Shore

After taking one Ulster scalp time to move up and take another.

100% record in Clones in the championship against Monaghan. Great win back in 2004 (ish) when it went to extra time.

Longford hammered Meath in a challenge game the other evening so that bodes well.

See ye Farney boys in Clones next Saturday.

T Fearon

More chance of Longford Town winning the Champions League!

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

From the Bunker

Quote from: T Fearon on July 03, 2016, 12:34:12 PM

So Longford Town are 5/1 chance of winning the Champions league?

Schkite

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on July 03, 2016, 10:45:08 AM
After taking one Ulster scalp time to move up and take another.

100% record in Clones in the championship against Monaghan. Great win back in 2004 (ish) when it went to extra time.

Longford hammered Meath in a challenge game the other evening so that bodes well.

See ye Farney boys in Clones next Saturday.

Big Sheridan gave us a rough time that day.

Shamrock Shore

Quote from: T Fearon on July 03, 2016, 12:34:12 PM

Perhaps Tony - but at least we still are in it!

True Schtike. Big Niall troubled many a defence back in the day. Nothing like him has been seen in Inter County football since!

Cunny Funt

Quote from: Rossfan on July 03, 2016, 12:37:11 PM
Some craic if Longford won ;D
Wouldn't rule Longford out with their good qualifier record but I suppose it all depends if Monaghan have fully recovered from last nights narrow defeat.

babarino

Good opening salvo from Shamrock Shore. Like Longford's attitude. Looking forward to Saturday's game.

Unlaoised

LAOIS ABÚ

Shamrock Shore

Just as a reminder here is the bauld Niall doing a bit of Dub worrying:

All we can do is give a good account of ourselves. The bookies will righly have Monaghan as red hot favourites but stranger things have happened.

seafoid

Shamrock Shore

timmyot501

Looked online for tickets. Only unreserved seating available at 20 Euro per ticket. Is the hill not opened?

GrandMasterFlash

Quote from: timmyot501 on July 05, 2016, 02:30:02 PM
Looked online for tickets. Only unreserved seating available at 20 Euro per ticket. Is the hill not opened?

I would be extremely surprised if the hill (or any area) wasn't.. Perhaps the it's pay at the gate only.

Boycey

Quote from: GrandMasterFlash on July 06, 2016, 11:24:36 AM
Quote from: timmyot501 on July 05, 2016, 02:30:02 PM

I would be extremely surprised if the hill (or any area) wasn't.. Perhaps the it's pay at the gate only.

What would the expected attendance be? 5/6k max? The terracing wasn't open for any of Monaghans league games as far as I recall so wouldn't surprise me if it was seated areas only. Hope not though...