Meath vs Derry, Owenbeg. It's on today at half two. Bring tae & a few ceapairí

Started by thejuice, July 02, 2016, 10:32:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thejuice

It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

thejuice

Mick O'Dowd good bye and good luck.

Shame we cant get those four years back.

It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Hardy

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Hardy on July 09, 2016, 03:54:22 PM
Derry two up now. Why am I not surprised?

Maybe your lads should have hand passed the ball a bit more when ahead to retain possession to prevent the Derry lads from scoring. :D
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Estimator

Unbelievable turnaround.
Didn't seem likely at half time. There was only one team in it during the first half.
Ulster League Champions 2009

thejuice

If you've constantly seen a team collapse after half time, surely you have to make some attempt to resolve that. Nothing was done it seems. Or at least nothing has worked.

Meath is a bit like a hollywood movie franchise these days. Time again for another reboot, but never up to the standard of the original.

Hardy

The whole thing is pointless anyway. I didn't really give a toss whether we won today or not. I'm not interested in "a good run in the qualifiers", which was the very best we could have hoped for.

omaghjoe

This was a great game a real win win...Derry gettin hammered on their home ground at half time...followed by a Meath 2nd half capitulation
Sweet!

thejuice

Quote from: Hardy on July 09, 2016, 04:15:14 PM
The whole thing is pointless anyway. I didn't really give a toss whether we won today or not. I'm not interested in "a good run in the qualifiers", which was the very best we could have hoped for.

Well we wont get anywhere getting dumped out so early every year. Fine we wont win Sam or Leinster for a good while yet but christ it would do us no harm to actually beat a few teams a few times a year.

Has MOD quit yet? Whats he waiting for?

oakleafgael

Quote from: Hardy on July 09, 2016, 04:15:14 PM

Pretty much sums up my feelings on it. Derry are treading water and the first good team they play will beat them handily. A truly awful first half by Derry and serious questions need to be asked of what exactly they where trying to do. A bit better in the second but a case of two bald men fighting over a comb.

thejuice

I'd say Derry as does pretty much everyone knows at this stage if you save yourself for the second half against Meath you'll be in with a good shout.

GalwayBayBoy

Oisin McConville put the hex on Meath on Second Captains saying they were going to get to the quarter-finals. Even had me convinced.

skeog

great result for damien barton and his derry team leinster bar dublin very much on the way down

Shamrock Shore

Well done Derry but that result surprised me. Maybe not a few Meath lads who seem very down about the whole thing.