Connacht senior football final Galway v Roscommon July 10th

Started by giveballaghback, June 18, 2016, 09:46:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GalwayBayBoy

Syferus

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on July 12, 2016, 11:31:06 PM
Speaking about mouths.

I genuinely cannot see how any Galway supporter could say with a straight face that Walsh plays blanket football. He's been chopping and changing his keeper for two years as well as his FB line, and that's only made him more conservative. There is not a more defensive team than Galway right now in the top two divisions IMHO.

Duine Eile

Quote from: Syferus on July 12, 2016, 11:49:15 PMThere is not a more defensive team than Galway right now in the top two divisions IMHO.

I for one am delighted to see us being more defensive, for far too long it's been a case of moral victories, (Kerry in 2008) one point defeats to the likes of Antrim and Westmeath, listening to old lads lamenting and saying being defensive is not the Galway way, we have the forwards to beat anyone etc etc. That's a load of crap, football has moved on, it's a results game by any means and way now, if that means we play with 14 behind the ball but win a few games doing it then so be it. Roll on Sunday.

galwayman

Syferus you are so full of shit and so one eyed it is beyond belief.

Syferus

Quote from: Duine Eile on July 13, 2016, 12:12:46 AM
Quote from: Syferus on July 12, 2016, 11:49:15 PMThere is not a more defensive team than Galway right now in the top two divisions IMHO.

I for one am delighted to see us being more defensive, for far too long it's been a case of moral victories, (Kerry in 2008) one point defeats to the likes of Antrim and Westmeath, listening to old lads lamenting and saying being defensive is not the Galway way, we have the forwards to beat anyone etc etc. That's a load of crap, football has moved on, it's a results game by any means and way now, if that means we play with 14 behind the ball but win a few games doing it then so be it. Roll on Sunday.

Lose on Sunday and you've won two league games, beaten a shot Mayo side that took ye for granted and are likely be be done for the year after the next weekend. Walsh's job will come under serious scrutiny then too. So a lot is riding on the CF for Walsh and the idea this form of football is actually gonig to get a worthwhile result. It might be best for both Roscommon and Galway in the longer run if positive football is what carries the day. Under Walsh I don't think Galway have any intention of offering positive football.

Most of these players played against each other in some of the most exciting football matches I've ever seen in any grade yet here they are with playing woeful football. Players without agency are just robots kicking a bit of cow skin around a field. No young kid picks up a football dreaming of playing the type of football that has become Galway's and a lot of Ulster's / lower division teams' brand. It's a sad state of affairs that this form of football hasn't been rooted out of senior yet.

Ohtoohtobe

Galway are very defensive, granted, but I thought Roscommon were just as conservative in their own way. Conceding kick-outs when you've a hurricane behind you is about as negative as it gets. Scared football.

seafoid

Quote from: Syferus on July 13, 2016, 01:56:02 AM
Quote from: Duine Eile on July 13, 2016, 12:12:46 AM

Lose on Sunday and you've won two league games, beaten a shot Mayo side that took ye for granted and are likely be be done for the year after the next weekend. Walsh's job will come under serious scrutiny then too. So a lot is riding on the CF for Walsh and the idea this form of football is actually gonig to get a worthwhile result. It might be best for both Roscommon and Galway in the longer run if positive football is what carries the day. Under Walsh I don't think Galway have any intention of offering positive football.

Most of these players played against each other in some of the most exciting football matches I've ever seen in any grade yet here they are with playing woeful football. Players without agency are just robots kicking a bit of cow skin around a field. No young kid picks up a football dreaming of playing the type of football that has become Galway's and a lot of Ulster's / lower division teams' brand. It's a sad state of affairs that this form of football hasn't been rooted out of senior yet.

If it's dry the next day those forwards will run at the Rossies. And the crowd can sense when Galway football is rolling. They know it when they see it. KW learnt a lot with Sligo. The team is turning into something decent. Like a dog lying in a corner
They will bite you and never warn you
Look out
They'll tear your insides out

seafoid

Quote from: galwayman on July 13, 2016, 12:32:03 AM
It must be hard being Rossfan. syf drives him up the wall.

Typical Syf would be "Galway and Mayo are clearing the road for Roscommon to take over." 'or " McFOD are far superior to any tacticians in Mayo" It is a pity Ros don't have the players to go with the verbiage.

An Fhairche Abu

Unfortunately this forum lacks the "ignore" function that is common elsewhere to filter out posters whose musings you feel (subjectively of course) are of no value.

barking mad

eafoid

View Profile  Personal Message (Offline)

Re: Connacht senior football final Galway v Roscommon July 10th
« Reply #460 on: Today at 06:01:22 AM »
Quote from: Syferus on Today at 01:56:02 AM
Quote from: Duine Eile on Today at 12:12:46 AM
Quote from: Syferus on July 12, 2016, 11:49:15 PM
There is not a more defensive team than Galway right now in the top two divisions IMHO.

If it's dry the next day those forwards will run at the Rossies. And the crowd can sense when Galway football is rolling. They know it when they see it. KW learnt a lot with Sligo. The team is turning into something decent. Like a dog lying in a corner
They will bite you and never warn you
Look out
They'll tear your insides out

I hope to god that dog comes out to play all I seen Sunday was a dog so afraid  he wasn't allowed off the leash in case he would run off and not come back.

seafoid

Ros need to improve a lot. The question is whether or not they can.

Maroon Manc

Stop throwing the dog a bone fella's and he'll eventually not come back.

Maroon Manc

Quote from: Ohtoohtobe on July 13, 2016, 03:51:58 AM
Galway are very defensive, granted, but I thought Roscommon were just as conservative in their own way. Conceding kick-outs when you've a hurricane behind you is about as negative as it gets. Scared football.

Correct, even more so given the stat on the hand passes as they had nearly twice as many as Galway.

The reason Galway conceded kickouts with the wind in the 2nd half was they were in control and always looked like winning the game so Kevin Walsh had no reason to change the tactics.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: An Fhairche Abu on July 13, 2016, 07:42:50 AM

Unfortunately this forum lacks the "ignore" function that is common elsewhere to filter out posters whose musings you feel (subjectively of course) are of no value.

There is an ignore function if you want to use it.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.