Connacht senior football final Galway v Roscommon July 10th

Started by giveballaghback, June 18, 2016, 09:46:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cunny Funt

Quote from: Syferus on July 08, 2016, 12:45:29 AM
Quote from: Cunny Funt on July 07, 2016, 11:37:29 PM
I would fancy Roscommon to win if they had Diarmuid Murtagh,Ian Kilbride,Kevin Higgins,Cathal Shine and Neil Collins to call on but now without them all I think Galway will win and probably win comfortably.

Four of the five you listed are fit but couldn't make the team..
Not fit enough to make the 26. Bench options can swing a close competitive contest and Roscommon without all of those options weakens their hand.

Syferus

Quote from: Cunny Funt on July 08, 2016, 12:53:14 AM
I would fancy Roscommon to win if they had Diarmuid Murtagh,Ian Kilbride,Kevin Higgins,Cathal Shine and Neil Collins to call on but now without them all I think Galway will win and probably win comfortably.

Not fit enough to make the 26. Bench options can swing a close competitive contest and Roscommon without all of those options weakens their hand.

Fully training. Team and bench has been picked on merit and not name all year. People wrote us off in every big match year this year that wasn't against minows. Management have stayed true to what got us to this point and I'm more confident that we will win now than I was last week.

mjg

Quote from: Rossfan on July 07, 2016, 11:42:03 PM
Best team ever
Easy win for Galway
Pressure on McStay if we loseIdiot

Lot of drama about tonight.

seafoid

seafoid

It reminds me of the Field starring Roscommon as the Bull McCave and Galway as a Dan in a fancy new car.

Tubberman

Quote from: Syferus on July 08, 2016, 12:55:48 AM

Fully training. Team and bench has been picked on merit and not name all year. People wrote us off in every big match year this year that wasn't against minows. Management have stayed true to what got us to this point and I'm more confident that we will win now than I was last week.

Does that mean you've switched your attention back to your own fcking county and we'll get a break from you on the Mayo threads?
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Mclf

Quote from: Tubberman on July 08, 2016, 08:51:14 AM

Does that mean you've switched your attention back to your own fcking county and we'll get a break from you on the Mayo threads?

Come off it, he is as much of a Mayo man as you deep down if you read between the lines.

Syferus

Quote from: Tubberman on July 08, 2016, 08:51:14 AM

Didn't take long for the Rhubarb invasion to hit once the team was announced. Mean bastards.

Maroon Manc

Feel free to list the Roscommon subs someone?

I'm right in thinking once the 26 is named it can't be changed? Although the 26 names released are not necessarily the same 26 names that are sent to HQ.

seafoid

The tactical battle will be interesting. Ros had a better league but Galway have better form.

seafoid

Oh baby baby

Shane Curran the ex Ros goalie has announced he will be going to Salthill for the match. Huge interest on youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWaRiD5ym74

Syf is predicted to go f**king crazy especially if the FDs win

oliverkelly

Quote from: Maroon Manc on July 08, 2016, 10:28:49 AM

I'm right in thinking once the 26 is named it can't be changed? Although the 26 names released are not necessarily the same 26 names that are sent to HQ.

Geoffrey Claffey, Cian Connolly, Donie Shine, Donie Smith, Fergal Lennon, James McDermott, Niall Carty, Niall Kilroy, Senan Kilbride, Thomas Corcoran, Ultan Harney.

Not sure what the official rule is but I can confirm this is the 26 that will tog Sunday.

Jinxy

Quote from: seafoid on July 08, 2016, 03:58:25 AM
It reminds me of the Field starring Roscommon as the Bull McCave and Galway as a Dan in a fancy new car.

The Bull McCabe would be Mayo.
This fella is Roscommon.

If you were any use you'd be playing.

Maroon Manc

Quote from: oliverkelly on July 08, 2016, 11:50:11 AM
Quote from: Maroon Manc on July 08, 2016, 10:28:49 AM

Geoffrey Claffey, Cian Connolly, Donie Shine, Donie Smith, Fergal Lennon, James McDermott, Niall Carty, Niall Kilroy, Senan Kilbride, Thomas Corcoran, Ultan Harney.

Not sure what the official rule is but I can confirm this is the 26 that will tog Sunday.

Cheers, plenty of attacking options on the bench for the Ros.