Started by giveballaghback, June 18, 2016, 09:46:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

From the Bunker

seafoid

Quote from: From the Bunker on July 06, 2016, 07:10:50 PM
Quote from: seafoid on July 06, 2016, 06:53:40 PM
A dose of this would be nice
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBHboSON_sw

the Galway jersey must be worth a few points.

or this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y86U8s-95Ik ..........in the Connacht Championship in the same year!
That was a kick in the arse. Will Mayo respond similarly?

barking mad

Ye are getting like Meath thinking yer great cause of the past
Good chance Sunday night all ye will have is distant memories still.

An Fhairche Abu

Yes Galway football followers are notorious for getting completely carried away with themselves, unlike our counterparts in Roscommon who keep a level head at all times.

GaillimhIarthair

Quote from: An Fhairche Abu on July 06, 2016, 08:26:55 PM
Yes Galway football followers are notorious for getting completely carried away with themselves, unlike our counterparts in Roscommon who keep a level head at all times.
Now now AFB, doing even dare to start talking some sense in here, you might upset a few lads!!!

larryin89

Haha
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Syferus

Quote from: GaillimhIarthair on July 06, 2016, 08:42:00 PM
Now now AFB, doing even dare to start talking some sense in here, you might upset a few lads!!!

Not the first time Galway lads have done their talking away from the field.

seafoid

Quote from: Syferus on July 06, 2016, 11:16:06 PM
Quote from: GaillimhIarthair on July 06, 2016, 08:42:00 PM

Not the first time Galway lads have done their talking away from the field.
Syf, you remind me of this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLQl3WQQoQ0

It is a pity Mayo are not in the final cos the emotion would be far more flowery

Rossfan

Announced Ros team
O'Malley !!
Seànie Mullooly McI
Murray Percy McManus
N Daly Compton
Fintan Ciaràin Keenan
Dev Enda S Cregger (©Syfín)

Ah well...... Round 4A here we come.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Jinxy

If you were any use you'd be playing.

macdanger2

Hard one to call and to be honest, I don't mind who wins but hoping it'll be a good game.

Galway were impressive enough against mayo and executed their gameplan very well. They had lined that game up from a long way out though, will they be able to reach the same levels of intensity against Roscommon? They have a definite advantage at MF and their forwards should get some joy out of a weak enough Ros backline. The fresh FB line which were lauded for their display against a poor Mayo forward line will need to earn their corn on Sunday; if Ros can get enough ball, they'll do damage.

Roscommon would also have been lining this one up since the start of the year although they surely expected to be in McHale Park; whether that will have affected their preparation remains to be seen. I'd expect McStay to be able to refocus them on galway. That said, it would have been reasonably acceptable to lose to a high flying Mayo side but losing to a galway team coming from nowhere would definitely irk the Rossies and put a little pressure on McStay.

I think galway might have already played their final so I'll go with Ros by 2

barking mad

Are u mad rosfan that's the best 15 we have assembled all year bar Collins and diarmuid
I think ul be in for a few surprises yet but that 15 is excellent
Soften Galway up run them to a standstill and send on d shine, Harney, c Connolly, and senan to finish it off.
Some panel when fully fit c shine, Higgins, kilroy and near fit d murtagh could not make 26

Cunny Funt

I would fancy Roscommon to win if they had Diarmuid Murtagh,Ian Kilbride,Kevin Higgins,Cathal Shine and Neil Collins to call on but now without them all I think Galway will win and probably win comfortably.

Rossfan

Best team ever
Easy win for Galway
Pressure on McStay if we lose

Lot of drama about tonight.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Syferus

Quote from: Cunny Funt on July 07, 2016, 11:37:29 PM
I would fancy Roscommon to win if they had Diarmuid Murtagh,Ian Kilbride,Kevin Higgins,Cathal Shine and Neil Collins to call on but now without them all I think Galway will win and probably win comfortably.

Four of the five you listed are fit but couldn't make the team..