Connacht senior football final Galway v Roscommon July 10th

Started by giveballaghback, June 18, 2016, 09:46:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kurtz

I think its going to be a decent Connacht Final for once

Galway fan complaining to me yesterday

"it will take me 3 f... hours to get into the ground and another 3 to get back out again"

he hasnt been to a connacht final in about ten years

Rossfan

So the bandwagon is starting to load up. :D
Mind you Salthill is one feckin disaster to get in and out of.
Better set off at 7am I suppose.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Jinxy

I was talking to a cousin of mine in Strokestown and he's licking his lips at the thoughts of getting hold of Galway.
He was terrified of Mayo but he reckons it's in the bag now.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

seafoid

Quote from: Jinxy on June 20, 2016, 09:14:05 AM
I was talking to a cousin of mine in Strokestown and he's licking his lips at the thoughts of getting hold of Galway.
He was terrified of Mayo but he reckons it's in the bag now.
I didn't know syf was your cousin, jinxy

seafoid

Ros will obviously be unbackable for this . Division 1 and everything and a bus. Plus all the years of hurt . As well as trauma and whiplash   and never enough respect. It will be tough to know what to put up on the dressing room wall. Maybe Ray Silke saying ee 2001 "there was no way Roscommon were going to beat us twice".

Rossfan

Sure ye have the Final won already.
Players shouldered off the field, the Fields of Athenry sang, etc
Ye just have the oul' formality of collecting the Cup ( for about the 50th time) on the 10th July.
Us little upstarteens couldn't get in the way of that :-[
Bookies make it 50/50 I'm told.

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: seafoid on June 20, 2016, 11:06:36 AM
Ros will obviously be unbackable for this . Division 1 and everything and a bus. Plus all the years of hurt . As well as trauma and whiplash   and never enough respect. It will be tough to know what to put up on the dressing room wall. Maybe Ray Silke saying ee 2001 "there was no way Roscommon were going to beat us twice".
Roscommon don't even have a pitch to play on or train on... and there's Galway with yer fancy Loughgeorge setup
Ros will be lucky to keep it kicked out to ye

seafoid

It wouldn't be fair for Galway to re emerge to compete with the Roscommon renaissance.
More novenas required.

larryin89

As disappointing as it is for a Mayo supporter to not be involved , I'm still looking forward to this one , hopefully our minors can get through and I'll have an excuse to go down to it then .

Tough one to call , Galway will have momentum and confidence plus home advantage albeit I'd hazard a guess Ross will outnumber them on the terraces . I'd give a hesitant nod to Roscommon to come away with the Nestor cup (poor aul jj after setting up residence in castlebar for five years having to go to that dastardly place for a year ) , they showed at times  against Sligo they are powerful up front with the amount of goals and goal chances they had .
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

mikehunt

Quote from: seafoid on June 20, 2016, 11:06:36 AM

The bus will be the clincher alright.  Worth a few points to them. Once they keep the players awsy from pool tables they should be safe enough.

moysider

Hard one to call. Emphasis has switched now for Galway. Pressure to put in a performance in Mayo has switched to pressure to win at home v Roscommon. There will be expectation now from Galway supporters that they win this. It's a different dynamic now for their newer players especially. Roscommon wont sleepwalk into the game like Mayo did. Roscommon don't have a great midfield or 6 but could work around that. Roscommon getting players back might have more bench as well. Maybe Roscommon.

Farrandeelin

Can't believe Syferus hasn't posted in this thread yet.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Rossfan

From the Bunker

Both teams are into the last 12 at worst. But I'd say both a really greedy for Quarter final spots and Silverware. Roscommons focus for the last 8 months would have been playing Mayo in Castlebar and that's one folder that they did not expect to be staying on the shelf. The same could be said of Galway. A game with the Rossies was the last thing on their mind a couple of days ago.

It's been 4 years ago since these sides played each other in the Championship. Galway winning 0-10 to 3-15.

galwayman

Very very tough game to call.
Mentally a hugely different challenge for Galway having focused all their energy completely on Mayo for months.
Roscommon have a very dangerous set of forwards which worries me