Connacht senior football final Galway v Roscommon July 10th

Started by giveballaghback, June 18, 2016, 09:46:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

westbound

Quote from: Blowitupref on June 21, 2016, 06:23:38 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on June 21, 2016, 04:47:05 PM
Apart from a Helicopter or parachute is the ANY easy way to effn Salthill?
Park in the city. Walk,cycle or get the city bus out to Salthill.

How reliable is the bus from the city?

In my days in college there (admittedly a few years ago now), the bus could be 30 mins late or 30 mins early and then take 1.5 hours or 20 mins!!!!

Are the buses anyway more consistent/regular now?

galwayman

I would walk out from the city to the stadium.
If you cut over into Lower Salthill (over by Wards Hotel) it won't take as long as going via the Prom.
You can take a right after PJ Flahertys pub and that will bring you to Pearse.

westbound

Quote from: galwayman on June 22, 2016, 10:07:46 AM
I would walk out from the city to the stadium.
If you cut over into Lower Salthill (over by Wards Hotel) it won't take as long as going via the Prom.
You can take a right after PJ Flahertys pub and that will bring you to Pearse.

it's still about a 40 minute walk though isn't it?

I think I'll leave the 3/4 year old at home!!!

GalwayBayBoy

Parking in the city centre and walking out or taking a bus/taxi out is definitely the way to go. Otherwise the drive from Salthill into the city centre afterwards will take you the best part of an hour. Probably a 30 minute walk back in but it's preferable to an hour sitting in very slow moving traffic.

Maroon Manc

A lot of pressure on the Ros, there will be far more expectancy from within the county to deliver now that Mayo are out; Naturally there will pressure on Galway too but at least Galway already have made plenty of progress with the defeat of Mayo.

Its a big opportunity as the draw has really opened up, there isn't too many top teams on the A side of the draw and the winner could well end up playing Tipp in a quarter final depending on draw.

Tactically will KW stick to the same strategy as he did on Mayo's kickouts or will he change given the Rossies are not nearly as strong as Mayo are around the middle.

Rossfan

No pressure on Ros at all - we've achieved our two aims for 2016.
Of course we'll now feel it's all to play for in the CF and McS/McH will be spared all the rámeis about them coming up against their native County( + Ballagh).

Galway's to lose but sure they've lost Connacht Finals before and Prior >:( >:( >:( won't be the ref this time.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Maroon Manc

Quote from: Rossfan on June 22, 2016, 03:29:59 PM
Of course we'll now feel it's all to play for in the CF and McS/McH will be spared all the rámeis about them coming up against their native County( + Ballagh).

Galway's to lose but sure they've lost Connacht Finals before and Prior >:( >:( >:( won't be the ref this time.

arf, I heard Roscommon men on Sunday claim they would beat Galway comfortably; Just a matter of turning up.

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Syferus

Quote from: Maroon Manc on June 22, 2016, 04:39:04 PM

arf, I heard Roscommon men on Sunday claim they would beat Galway comfortably; Just a matter of turning up.

I heard Galway men at the match Saturday say they'd walk through Roscommon.

....that's a lie. There were no Galway men at the match.

barking mad

The only Galway lads at it  we're selling the hats scarves and headbands. :P

seafoid

Quote from: Syferus on June 22, 2016, 06:29:18 PM
Quote from: Maroon Manc on June 22, 2016, 04:39:04 PM

I heard Galway men at the match Saturday say they'd walk through Roscommon.

Fans from Ros also talk shite

Quote from: Syferus on May 22, 2016, 11:31:41 PM
We beat them by a cricket score in a competive match in Cork. Worrying times for Galway football. Walsh was never the answer. I don't know if anyone really is. Apathy has taken root in Galway football by the looks of things.

....that's a lie. There were no Galway men at the match.

larryin89

Such a massive opportunity for the winner to get to an all Ireland final , this is just what Roscommon have been waiting for and unfortunately I really fancy them to do this after watching Saturday's game over x4 times now , Galway were value for their win but Mayo would of held out only for the daft kickout by henelly.
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: larryin89 on June 23, 2016, 11:19:12 AM
Such a massive opportunity for the winner to get to an all Ireland final , this is just what Roscommon have been waiting for and unfortunately I really fancy them to do this after watching Saturday's game over x4 times now , Galway were value for their win but Mayo would of held out only for the daft kickout by henelly.

In fairness that was Galway's 3rd good goal chance of the game. Cummins almost scored one in the first minute and Heaney should probably have buried his chance in the net but hit it high and Hennelly got a slight touch to send it over the bar.

larryin89

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on June 23, 2016, 12:06:36 PM

In fairness that was Galway's 3rd good goal chance of the game. Cummins almost scored one in the first minute and Heaney should probably have buried his chance in the net but hit it high and Hennelly got a slight touch to send it over the bar.
Fair enough buddy , I'm not going to go on about it , we will see how the rest of the championship pans out for both sides and that will tell whether Mayo were out of sorts , took their eye off the ball etc or Galway are decent .
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Cunny Funt

Quote from: larryin89 on June 23, 2016, 12:15:16 PM
Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on June 23, 2016, 12:06:36 PM

Fair enough buddy , I'm not going to go on about it , we will see how the rest of the championship pans out for both sides and that will tell whether Mayo were out of sorts , took their eye off the ball etc or Galway are decent .
Whoever wins Nestor can consider it a very good year neither side had or will have the high expectations like Mayo to reach All Ireland final and the winner of Connacht title this July will probably celebrate that success too much to be focused for the All Ireland series.

Connacht final loser will probably be more focused and can recover to reach the quarter final but that could be against the 2nd best team in Ireland Kerry.

Mayo will come through qualifiers but it won't be until the All quarter final that it's fully known if Saturday was a sign of a group of players in decline or not.