Meath vs Dublin - 26/06/16

Started by thejuice, June 12, 2016, 09:57:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seafoid

Is the gap between meath and the Dubs narrowing?

Itchy

Quote from: seafoid on June 26, 2016, 07:57:06 PM

No. Dublin in 1st gear.

moysider

If anything it's getting wider. Dublin actually killing time and taking it easy on them. Mannion kicks a point when there was a goal chance. Meath knows they are in bother when Dublin feel sorry for them.

From the Bunker

God, the GAA is a mess! The two Leinster semi-finals were depressing! Westmeath will get tanked by Dublin in 3 weeks time! Dublin will be going for 11 titles in 12 years and there is no one close to them. I'll rant about Kildare v Westmeath being in Croker another time.

Jinxy

Don't know what instructions Dalton McDonagh was given going out there today, but if they were "Stand in there beside Cluxton and don't make any runs", he carried them out to the letter.
Thought we were crying out for pace in the FF line.
Wallace should have been moved in there instead of being subbed in the 2nd half.
We're also carrying 3/4 players who do not have the levels of fitness required for inter-county football, and never will.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

manfromdelmonte

A few of those Meath lads today were nowhere near county standard players.
shocking stuff.

Mickey Burke should be off doing wrestling or something.

Jinxy

Mickey's more of a puncher than a grappler.

moysider

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on June 26, 2016, 10:43:16 PM
shocking stuff.

The Meath lads here that see club would know best but I'm amazed that he's around a Meath team?

Jinxy

There's no place really in modern football for someone with Mickey's body type.
Prodigiously strong but zero speed or agility.
That said, he would be a good way down the list of players we have who I would consider to be 'not county standard'.

Jinxy

Quote from: moysider on June 26, 2016, 11:02:57 PM
Quote from: manfromdelmonte on June 26, 2016, 10:43:16 PM
shocking stuff.

The Meath lads here that see club would know best but I'm amazed that he's around a Meath team?

Our club scene is pathetic.
That's the root of it all.

Asal Mor

Quote from: moysider on June 26, 2016, 08:12:24 PM

If anything it's getting wider. Dublin actually killing time and taking it easy on them. Mannion kicks a point when there was a goal chance. Meath knows they are in bother when Dublin feel sorry for them.
+1. The championships have never been duller.With the dominance of Kilkenny/Dublin, the ever widening gap between the top few teams and the rest (or in football, one team and the rest), the lousy championship structures (including the persistence for no good reason, with the provinces), the poor attendances and one-sided games. I can't remember having so little interest in a GAA season.

Rossfan

Time to regrade the 10 other Leinster teams to Junior like Kilkenny.
Let Dublin represent Leinster and enter the Qualifiers with the 4 Munster, 4 Connacht and 7 Ulster losers.

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Kuwabatake Sanjuro

Quote from: Rossfan on June 26, 2016, 11:38:59 PM
Time to regrade the 10 other Leinster teams to Junior like Kilkenny.
Let Dublin represent Leinster and enter the Qualifiers with the 4 Munster, 4 Connacht and 7 Ulster losers.

I've said this before, there could be an excellent Leinster championship played over two months if Dublin were given a bye out of it.
Two groups of 5, 4 games, 2 home and away, top team in each group goes through to the semi final, 2nd and 3rd in group A play the 3rd and 2nd in B in the quarters. Home advantage up until the final which is played in Croke Park.

The Leinster council can play Dublin A vs B games in Croke Park to make up for the lost corporate days.

Syferus

Some great games this year outside of Leinster.

moysider

Quote from: Jinxy on June 26, 2016, 11:27:24 PM
There's no place really in modern football for someone with Mickey's body type.
Prodigiously strong but zero speed or agility.
That said, he would be a good way down the list of players we have who I would consider to be 'not county standard'.

Really! That is something so. I couldn't believe he was still there after the dental experiment a few years ago. He's changed a bit though. Less beard and fleas probably and more tattoos. But he doesn't move like a proper footballer imo. What position does he play club. Maybe he doesn't play club and is just fed raw meat between Meath cameos?