Meath vs Antrim - Christy Ring Final

Started by thejuice, May 30, 2016, 09:06:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

didlyi

This was a typical antrim display. Skill in abundance but they cant seem to do the simple things right. Player for player they were the better team. One would tend to blame the manager for this performance but Ive seen this so many times from antrim teams under many different managers that blaming them would be a cop put.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: didlyi on June 04, 2016, 11:24:13 PM
This was a typical antrim display. Skill in abundance but they cant seem to do the simple things right. Player for player they were the better team. One would tend to blame the manager for this performance but Ive seen this so many times from antrim teams under many different managers that blaming them would be a cop put.
No leaders when Meath started taking the second half by the scruff of the neck. Got ahead a few times but couldn't land a killer blow. Disappointing stuff.

thejuice

To be honest for most of the 2nd half it looked like Antrim had done enough.  we weren't closing the gap enough but it quickly changed in the last ten minutes.

Don't know what the mix up was with the scores but I don't ever recall a team offering replays for scores that should have been disallowed. It's just not the done thing I'm told.  ;)

Delighted to win and it'll be a big boost for hurling in Meath but in all fairness if there was grounds for offering a replay we should do.

I wonder does this make us a hurling county now or a duel county.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Milltown Row2

Quote from: thejuice on June 04, 2016, 11:37:56 PM
To be honest for most of the 2nd half it looked like Antrim had done enough.  we weren't closing the gap enough but it quickly changed in the last ten minutes.

Don't know what the mix up was with the scores but I don't ever recall a team offering replays for scores that should have been disallowed. It's just not the done thing I'm told.  ;)

Delighted to win and it'll be a big boost for hurling in Meath but in all fairness if there was grounds for offering a replay we should do.

I wonder does this make us a hurling county now or a duel county.

Probably a dual county rather than a duel county ;)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

rrhf

Tony Baloney

Quote from: rrhf on June 05, 2016, 12:15:40 AM
Louth people please look away now..
LOL. Sludden innocent today and there certainly weren't enough Antrim fans to mount any sort of pitch invasion!

thejuice

What normally happens when a match is drawn is there is a replay. So let's just have a replay.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Tony Baloney

Quote from: thejuice on June 05, 2016, 12:45:05 AM
What normally happens when a match is drawn is there is a replay. So let's just have a replay.
It's a desperate situation if it comes to that as Antrim thought they were beaten fair and square and Meath felt they had snatched an amazing victory with people in tears in the stands. To say oops we made a mistake will be horrible.

thejuice

well we'll see if Antrim actually want it enough to have a replay they might not but it's a shame that what is quite a historic moment for Meath hurling to be tarnished by some balls up by an official. I've already suffered enough of the 2010 syndrome to go through it all over again.

RealSpiritof98

f**k the official the game was drawn, replay it is end of story!!!

Itchy

How is this even possible? The ref, the sub ref and score board man all have the wrong score?

rrhf

These incidents follow Meath around like a bad smell. It's easy to blame admin. What about sportsmanship.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Itchy on June 05, 2016, 06:39:56 AM
How is this even possible? The ref, the sub ref and score board man all have the wrong score?

Yea, when I heard it I was going what the f**k is tthe story here.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

didlyi

I have alot of sympathy for Meath here. You try to win a match based on the scoreline and not on the score line minus 1. Its not like they add up the scores at the end and see who wins. Your efforts are mirrored in the score difference througout the match and not the final score. If I was from meath I would not accept a replay. The GAA have to sort out this mess themselves rather than expecting meath to make compromises.

naka

Did the ref even count his ticks or just accept the scoreboard
Very embarrassing all around for gaa
Think it will end up with a replay on the basis of equity
But the notebook and referee report will be very important