Tír Eoghain vs An Cabhán Ulster Semi Replay 4pm 03/07/2016 @Clones

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, May 29, 2016, 05:14:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

rrhf

on the sideline

Have I missed something or was the square ball rule not removed, other than from a free or 45?  Seen a few posters on here querying Cavans third goal and Dessie Dolan after saying it was there too.  Don't think it was - based on my understanding of the rule change.

Maybe I'm wrong though???

Westside

From play you can be in the square as soon as the ball leaves the hand/foot of the person passing it in (bit like the offside rule I suppose). From a dead ball situation you cannot be in the square before the ball.

Givney's equaliser was a tough one, he was in the square but looked to come back out to rise and slap it over the defender and goalkeeper.

BennyHarp

Quote from: on the sideline on June 19, 2016, 11:05:11 PM
Have I missed something or was the square ball rule not removed, other than from a free or 45?  Seen a few posters on here querying Cavans third goal and Dessie Dolan after saying it was there too.  Don't think it was - based on my understanding of the rule change.

Maybe I'm wrong though???

1. Football Only – "Square Ball"
This has been amended to allow a player enter the small rectangle once the final deliberate play of the ball has been made, i.e as soon as the player kicks, hand-passes, fist passes or deliberately flicks the ball into the small rectangle then the attacking player may enter.  The rule is unchanged with regard to "Set Play" i.e. Free Kicks, Line Balls and 45s – in these instances players are not permitted to enter the small rectangle before the ball.
That was never a square ball!!

Il Bomber Destro

Givney was a real handful today.

Who got MOTM? Donnelly, Harte, Sludden and O'Neill were probably the pick of the Tyrone players. Givney, Moynagh and Reilly the best on show for Cavan. I thought the deployment of Killian Clarke was a bit bizarre today. He didn't seem to be able to have an impact on the game.

I'd bring Justy and Morgan in for Bradley and Mickey O'Neill next week. I don't think we had too many bad performers today we were just slack at certain times and needed more focus than we had. Hopefully we get a good day for the game next week. Have any details been announced yet regarding a replay?

Will it be on the Sunday with Donegal and Monaghan playing Saturday or will they move outside of Clones?

sam03/05

The 3rd goal was one of the most obvious square balls you could ever see
He never was outside the square at any time during the play.
Sunday Game showed it to be fair

CC1

Quote from: redzone on June 19, 2016, 08:52:38 PM
Quote from: Captain Obvious on June 19, 2016, 08:50:26 PM
Great effort by Cavan pity for all the neutrals watching the late goal wasn't a late winner. If Cavan are to lose the replay as expected they should still regroup to reach All Ireland quarter final. Tyrones biggest concern is the three goals conceded and the manner of how they were conceded.

Were two of the goals not square balls
No, one was questionable. As was the decision by the referee not to give a goal when the Tyrone keeper pulled the ball behind his own line.
"Hey, don't worry; don't be afraid, ever, because this is just a ride."

mrdeeds

Quote from: sam03/05 on June 19, 2016, 11:20:25 PM
The 3rd goal was one of the most obvious square balls you could ever see
He never was outside the square at any time during the play.
Sunday Game showed it to be fair

But did the ball enter the square? Not clear cut.

vallankumous

Quote from: BennyHarp on June 19, 2016, 09:48:24 PM
Quote from: Kuwabatake Sanjuro on June 19, 2016, 09:29:08 PM
I can still see Cavan improving more in the replay, the experience from a tough championship encounter like that should stand to them more and I can't see them taking as many wrong options and kick as many wides again. If they can get an extra few minutes of dominance in each half they can do it.
Both are solid top 8 teams but neither can be a threat to Dublin. They can go far though.

I agree, I quite like Cavan and think they are a tough, tough team to play against and with a few tweaks to their attacking plan could be top drawer. Win or lose the replay I think they should make the AI quarter final and you never know from there.

I know

mrdeeds

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on June 19, 2016, 11:16:29 PM

Who got MOTM? Donnelly, Harte, Sludden and O'Neill were probably the pick of the Tyrone players. Givney, Moynagh and Reilly the best on show for Cavan. I thought the deployment of Killian Clarke was a bit bizarre today. He didn't seem to be able to have an impact on the game.

I'd bring Justy and Morgan in for Bradley and Mickey O'Neill next week. I don't think we had too many bad performers today we were just slack at certain times and needed more focus than we had. Hopefully we get a good day for the game next week. Have any details been announced yet regarding a replay?

Will it be on the Sunday with Donegal and Monaghan playing Saturday or will they move outside of Clones?

O Neill got it. Him Givney and Cavanagh nominations. Personally I thought Raymond Galligan best player on field.

vallankumous

Quote from: mrdeeds on June 19, 2016, 11:27:04 PM

Who got MOTM? Donnelly, Harte, Sludden and O'Neill were probably the pick of the Tyrone players. Givney, Moynagh and Reilly the best on show for Cavan. I

O Neill got it. Him Givney and Cavanagh nominations. Personally I thought Raymond Galligan best player on field.

It was Dessie Dolan and Jarleth Burns deciding. I'm pretty sure I was close to winning it.

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on June 19, 2016, 11:16:29 PM

Donegal v Mon is this Sat. Tyrone v Cavan is Sunday week.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

omagh_gael

armaghniac

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B