The Official Euro 2016 Thread

Started by laoislad, May 22, 2016, 12:34:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

laoislad

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

No wides

Have france bought another home tournament some dogey decisions.

tyssam5

Quote from: laoislad on July 07, 2016, 09:00:31 PM
Very harsh peno imo.

PK all day, led with the hand at head height.

laoislad

Hard to see France losing the final now.
Thought Germany were the better team in the first half. Very soft peno for France then some brutal defending for the second goal.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Capt Pat

The last time France were in a final at home Ronaldo was the star for Brazil. This time Ronaldo will be the star for Portugal. I expect a 3-0 win for France again.

From the Bunker

Disgusted at the end to see French players and fans stealing the Icelandic football chant! 

Tony Baloney

Quote from: tyssam5 on July 07, 2016, 09:49:43 PM
Very harsh peno imo.

Handling the ball involves a deliberate act of a player making contact with the ball with his hand or arm.

The Stallion

Agreed tyssam5, it was a definite penalty. Silly of him to do it.

Boycey

Quote from: Tony Baloney on July 07, 2016, 11:02:27 PM
Quote from: tyssam5 on July 07, 2016, 09:49:43 PM
Very harsh peno imo.

Handling the ball involves a deliberate act of a player making contact with the ball with his hand or arm.

True, but in recent years it's interpreted as being deliberate if your arm is in an unnatural position which it was. In the peno I wonder did his assistant behind goals make decision for him as it didn't seem initially he was gonna give it?

ONeill

Disappointed at the lack of supporter originality. The French crowd will be singing Le fields of Athenry in the final.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Captain Obvious

Euro 2016 has been an enjoyable watch with Wales,Iceland the highlights. However the overall quality of this tournament has been average to poor and France Portugal reaching the final is proof of this.

ONeill

Quote from: Captain Obvious on July 07, 2016, 11:27:50 PM
Euro 2016 has been an enjoyable watch with Wales,Iceland the highlights. However the overall quality of this tournament has been average to poor and France Portugal reaching the final is proof of this.

Today's semi was weird. The best team lost and even though I'm 7/8 French, I felt flat at the result.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

muppet

Quote from: From the Bunker on July 07, 2016, 10:16:24 PM
Disgusted at the end to see French players and fans stealing the Icelandic football chant!

Yea, FFS... next they will steal our wonderfully original Olé, Olé, Olé....
MWWSI 2017

Milltown Row2

Quote from: muppet on July 07, 2016, 11:47:18 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on July 07, 2016, 10:16:24 PM

Yea, FFS... next they will steal our wonderfully original Olé, Olé, Olé....

Disgusted?? Very strong ::)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea