The Official Euro 2016 Thread

Started by laoislad, May 22, 2016, 12:34:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trueblue1234

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 08, 2016, 06:03:51 PM
Quote from: muppet on July 07, 2016, 11:47:18 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on July 07, 2016, 10:16:24 PM
Disgusted at the end to see French players and fans stealing the Icelandic football chant!

Yea, FFS... next they will steal our wonderfully original Olé, Olé, Olé....

Disgusted?? Very strong ::)

Lol
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

seafoid

I know RTE and the Indo tear the arse out of how great the Irish fans are but I was talking to 2 French people who were raving about how sound they are compared to the English.

Main Street

Quote from: Tony Baloney on July 07, 2016, 11:02:27 PM
Quote from: tyssam5 on July 07, 2016, 09:49:43 PM
Quote from: laoislad on July 07, 2016, 09:00:31 PM
Very harsh peno imo.

PK all day, led with the hand at head height.
Handling the ball involves a deliberate act of a player making contact with the ball with his hand or arm.
It's not a simple question, was it deliberate or not deliberate
The definition of  'deliberate hand ball' is also up for interpretation and there are criteria, both written and unwritten, which assist the ref in deciding what makes a hand ball deliberate.
This was interpreted as a penalty and Schweinsteiger's antics trying to defend just support the ref's interpretation of the handball.

The Stallion

It was a definite penalty. Not sure why Schweinsteiger was even on the pitch, he was finished years ago.

mrdeeds

He was probably the best player in first half. Made Pogba look ordinary.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: mrdeeds on July 10, 2016, 05:11:16 PM

Agreed
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

The Stallion

I disagree. Schweinsteiger has been rubbish for years. Doesn't have the legs any more.

Main Street

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 10, 2016, 05:13:04 PM
Quote from: mrdeeds on July 10, 2016, 05:11:16 PM

Agreed
He looked like the old Bastian in the 1st half, but maybe  it was easy to look good in the middle of Germany's first half performance. France upped their game and controlled the 2nd half with ease and he was found wanting. I think France must easily be the fittest team at these Finals, that use to be Germany's forte, but no longer.

The Stallion

France have the best players, and they're at home. Not sure why so many have been surprised by their success.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: The Stallion on July 10, 2016, 05:41:41 PM
France have the best players, and they're at home. Not sure why so many have been surprised by their success.

Who's surprised??
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

The Stallion

Quite a few people gave them no chance against Germany.

Milltown Row2

I would have thought the game was 50/50 and the backing only had France barely in front, again not too many poor bookies

mrdeeds

France bookies favourite before tournament start. Went double with Giroud. Hopefully he bangs in hatrick.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: mrdeeds on July 10, 2016, 06:31:01 PM
France bookies favourite before tournament start. Went double with Giroud. Hopefully he bangs in hatrick.

Hope not, I've Greizman 9/1!!

mrdeeds

He was 22s at start. Giroud was 33s. Was torn between the two.