Portlaoise GAA vs Laois County Board

Started by Bueller, May 18, 2016, 12:15:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave like the tv channel

Portlaoise won't let what happened to the 80s team happen again. They dropped the ball and that team got old and retired. Portlaoise were left floudering for a few years. Their debt forgiveness and recruitment policy will see to that.

The only difference is that back in the 80s/90s, there were other good teams about. Joes, Port and Stradbally were all in with a shot at the title. Nowadays, Portlaoise must be loving the fact that their rebuilding can be done at a low ebb for club football in Laois. No-one is capable of winning against them.

scaldy

Quote from: Bueller on August 30, 2016, 10:01:23 PM
Nice big win tonight for the town, beating Ballyroan/Abbey 8-12 to 4-6. The DRA case already paying dividends.

Oh as the town, goes marching in...
In the nice big win for the town statement ,Dra case paying dividends  no player that wasn't with them all along played. The chap that the case was about hasn't played for 2 months after doing his cruciate with laois. Hope for the chap himself that he dose get to play never minding which club

SCFC

Quote from: SCFC on August 31, 2016, 11:58:12 AM
Quote from: Dave like the tv channel on August 31, 2016, 11:02:01 AM
Ballyroan not the team to beat at U16.

True. St Paul's or Port will be the other finalists and Portlaoise won't win that by much if at all.

1-11 to 0-6 win for Paul's over Portlaoise yesterday.

Downtheroad

Quote from: SCFC on September 18, 2016, 05:40:29 PM
Quote from: SCFC on August 31, 2016, 11:58:12 AM
Quote from: Dave like the tv channel on August 31, 2016, 11:02:01 AM
Ballyroan not the team to beat at U16.

True. St Paul's or Port will be the other finalists and Portlaoise won't win that by much if at all.

1-11 to 0-6 win for Paul's over Portlaoise yesterday.
Poor enough game St Pauls/Rock have some classy players but not as many as people might think. On the evidence of yesterday, I doubt many of the Portlaoise players will make the step up. Nevertheless one of the their corner was impressive as he was very gutsy. 

El Jefe

Poor first half I'll give you that but St Paul's were a different animal in the second half. They couldn't do anything right in the first half and kicked near a dozen wides but showed how good they were after half time & outscored Portlaoise 1-10 to 0-02. Portlaoise are a decent side but are dependent on 1/2 big players, St Pauls have strength in each line which won it for them in the end

Bueller

Portlaoise pull a double cross at last nights Convention and get their way for another year of cherry picking of neighboring talent. Transfer by laws, what transfer by laws?

Dave like the tv channel

Quote from: Bueller on December 06, 2016, 02:20:58 PM
Portlaoise pull a double cross at last nights Convention and get their way for another year of cherry picking of neighboring talent. Transfer by laws, what transfer by laws?

ffs. This was to be sorted this year. They will have some shopping list I'd say. How did the CB not get the loophole closed off? Are they more useless than even I thought?

The Monument Road

Not picking sides here but Portlaoise are not alone in cherry picking...i know of one junior football club who had their best players cherry picked...

clonadmad

Quote from: Bueller on December 06, 2016, 02:20:58 PM

So is it open season in Portlaoise Parish at this stage,any more details of what exactly happened?

Helix

There's a by law in place in the clubs in the Portlaoise parish that no person can transfer to a club within the Portlaoise parish. Transfer is automatically objected by class clubs.
It's hardly possible to build anything if frustration, bitterness and a mood of helplessness prevail

Bueller

Quote from: Helix on December 06, 2016, 05:55:47 PM
There's a by law in place in the clubs in the Portlaoise parish that no person can transfer to a club within the Portlaoise parish. Transfer is automatically objected by class clubs.
The same by law that was broken by the DRA a few months ago.

Don Draper

Quote from: Helix on December 06, 2016, 08:29:55 PM
The only reason they won  its case was the objection to transfer was put in through telephone than written form to county board. Didn't stand up when the case came. Had it been objected in written form they would have lost.
I don't know where you are getting your information but I bet they had a good giggle as you swallowed that.

clonadmad

Quote from: Helix on December 06, 2016, 08:29:55 PM
The only reason they won  its case was the objection to transfer was put in through telephone than written form to county board. Didn't stand up when the case came. Had it been objected in written form they would have lost.

Factually incorrect there Helix

Bueller

Smart move deleting your post Helix. That's the danger of places like this, fellas post stuff like its gospel and others believing it to be fact.