Started by balladmaker, May 15, 2016, 11:38:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Franko

Quote from: Owenmoresider on May 16, 2016, 03:19:21 PM
Quote from: J70 on May 16, 2016, 02:53:50 PM
Quote from: Ulick on May 16, 2016, 02:30:29 PM
Quote from: DuffleKing on May 16, 2016, 09:07:56 AM

I've heard it said the brother of...

... ... ... and a long time Fianna Fáil county councilor. The identity of the man is key as it's alleged he used his political position and authority to block the investigation. The name has been in the public domain for a long time and a senior Fianna Fáil official confirmed he is still a member of the Party.

Dry your eyes J70.

At least you've had the decency sense to delete the detail identifying the man's family name.
No surprise that Ulick the shinner shrill is the one to throw out the smear, seeing their trolls using her image on profile pics on twitter as though any of them give the slightest genuine s*** about her or her family is sickening.

Jean McConville

J70

Quote from: Franko on May 16, 2016, 04:48:45 PM

... ... ... and a long time Fianna Fáil county councilor. The identity of the man is key as it's alleged he used his political position and authority to block the investigation. The name has been in the public domain for a long time and a senior Fianna Fáil official confirmed he is still a member of the Party.

Dry your eyes J70.

At least you've had the decency sense to delete the detail identifying the man's family name.
No surprise that Ulick the shinner shrill is the one to throw out the smear, seeing their trolls using her image on profile pics on twitter as though any of them give the slightest genuine s*** about her or her family is sickening.

Jean McConville

1970s...border area... T'is ironic all right.

Ulick

Quote from: J70 on May 16, 2016, 04:00:00 PM
Quote from: FL/MAYO on May 16, 2016, 02:58:22 PM
His name is mentioned in the comments section of the YouTube clip.

Is an anonymous YouTube clip comment clearance to repeat a possibly libelous comment here?

It's a very serious and defamatory allegation.

Who's liable if the smeared person decides to take action against GAA Board?

It's only libelous if it's not true.

Ulick

Dry your eyes J70.

It's all a bit different when it's not a Shinner on the end of a smear eh lads?

Ulick

Dry your eyes J70.

I didn't identify him and neither did I say he murdered the child. I answered a direct question as to the suspect is who (i) has been reported to the Gardaí  (ii) name has been passed to both Enda Kenny and Micheál Martin (iii) is going to be the subject of this documentary. Those are facts not libels. If this was any ordinary citizen he would have at least been pulled in for questioning years ago.

J70

Quote from: Ulick on May 16, 2016, 04:57:58 PM
Quote from: J70 on May 16, 2016, 04:00:00 PM
Quote from: FL/MAYO on May 16, 2016, 02:58:22 PM
His name is mentioned in the comments section of the YouTube clip.

Is an anonymous YouTube clip comment clearance to repeat a possibly libelous comment here?

It's a very serious and defamatory allegation.

Who's liable if the smeared person decides to take action against GAA Board?

It's only libelous if it's not true.

Well, if you're that confident that its not libelous, then maybe you should put your name to the charge.

J70

Quote from: Ulick on May 16, 2016, 05:11:26 PM

Dry your eyes J70.

I didn't identify him and neither did I say he murdered the child. I answered a direct question as to the suspect is who (i) has been reported to the Gardaí  (ii) name has been passed to both Enda Kenny and Micheál Martin (iii) is going to be the subject of this documentary. Those are facts not libels. If this was any ordinary citizen he would have at least been pulled in for questioning years ago.

Come off it, you did so identify him. I knew, based only on what you wrote, exactly who you were talking about before you deleted half of the implicating language from your original post. I guarantee I was not the only one. It was about as thinly disguised an identification as one could possibly imagine without naming names.

T Fearon

Good God.You wouldn't want to be running into the sister in a deserted place on a dark night.😱😱😱

LeoMc

Quote from: T Fearon on May 16, 2016, 06:48:31 PM
Good God.You wouldn't want to be running into the sister in a deserted place on a dark night.😱😱😱
Says Armaghs Adonis. You may not he her ideal pin up either.

Franko

Quote from: J70 on May 16, 2016, 04:52:20 PM

Dry your eyes J70.

Jean McConville

More similarities than that... whiff of political wrongdoing without proof.  The only thing missing is the faux outrage.  How many people on this board have come out with potentially libellous comments about Gerry Adams.  It happens on a weekly basis. No uproar from you there.  Anyway, before i get accused of being a shinnerbot/sf lackey/spokesperson for adams... continue ad nauseum... I'll bow out. I couldn't help but point out the glaring inconsistency here though.

J70

Quote from: Franko on May 16, 2016, 11:48:33 PM

Dry your eyes J70.

Jean McConville

More similarities than that... whiff of political wrongdoing without proof.  The only thing missing is the faux outrage.  How many people on this board have come out with potentially libellous comments about Gerry Adams.  It happens on a weekly basis. No uproar from you there.  Anyway, before i get accused of being a shinnerbot/sf lackey/spokesperson for adams... continue ad nauseum... I'll bow out. I couldn't help but point out the glaring inconsistency here though.

Tell you what - just before you bow out, why don't you find where I have said a word, either way, on this board about Gerry Adams and Jean McConville. There's ten years of history and a simple search function there for you.

Besides, the Adams discussion is out there in the wider media and wasn't being publicized here based on some anonymous comment on a You Tube video.

So spare me the hypocrisy bullshit.

Franko

Quote from: J70 on May 17, 2016, 01:40:33 AM

Dry your eyes J70.

Jean McConville

Tell you what - just before you bow out, why don't you find where I have said a word, either way, on this board about Gerry Adams and Jean McConville. There's ten years of history and a simple search function there for you.

Besides, the Adams discussion is out there in the wider media and wasn't being publicized here based on some anonymous comment on a You Tube video.

You said it J70. For years here Adams (and others) have been libelled constantly and you've yet to utter a word about it.  But now all of a sudden it's a huge issue.

Thanks for so succinctly making my point.  Or maybe you want to use the ten years of history and the search function to prove me wrong.

J70

Quote from: Franko on May 17, 2016, 11:34:13 AM

Dry your eyes J70.

Jean McConville

You said it J70. For years here Adams (and others) have been libelled constantly and you've yet to utter a word about it.  But now all of a sudden it's a huge issue.

Thanks for so succinctly making my point.  Or maybe you want to use the ten years of history and the search function to prove me wrong.

Cop yourself on FFS.

Just because I don't comment on northern issues, instead leaving the discussion to those who actually know what they're talking about, does not mean in any way that I can't call foul on reckless commentary on something that actually happened close to where I grew up.

By your standard, no one can comment on anything here unless they've addressed each and every equivalent situation that has ever been discussed on the board.

Had I been someone who did in fact discuss Adams and McConville and who made thinly veiled references to his alleged involvement, you might have some semblance of a point.

As it is though, you're making zero sense.

Franko

Quote from: J70 on May 17, 2016, 01:52:00 PM

Dry your eyes J70.

Jean McConville

Cop yourself on FFS.

Just because I don't comment on northern issues, instead leaving the discussion to those who actually know what they're talking about, does not mean in any way that I can't call foul on reckless commentary on something that actually happened close to where I grew up.

By your standard, no one can comment on anything here unless they've addressed each and every equivalent situation that has ever been discussed on the board.

Had I been someone who did in fact discuss Adams and McConville and who made thinly veiled references to his alleged involvement, you might have some semblance of a point.

Ah I see.  So at least you admit that it's an equivalent situation.  Owenmoresider, take note.  And your post above made "thinly veiled references" about the McConville case. I didn't even have to use the search function to find it.

J70

Quote from: Franko on May 18, 2016, 10:19:51 AM
Quote from: J70 on May 17, 2016, 01:52:00 PM

Dry your eyes J70.

Jean McConville

Cop yourself on FFS.

Ah I see.  So at least you admit that it's an equivalent situation.  Owenmoresider, take note.  And your post above made "thinly veiled references" about the McConville case. I didn't even have to use the search function to find it.

Grow up.