TG4 biggest audience ever

Started by magickingdom, May 01, 2007, 03:23:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

magickingdom

i see the nhl final last sunday brought tg4 its biggest audience yet for any programme - 309,000. while its great for tg4 i think the gaa should demand that national league finals be carried on rte1 or 2.

Gnevin

Quote from: magickingdom on May 01, 2007, 03:23:42 PM
i see the nhl final last sunday brought tg4 its biggest audience yet for any programme - 309,000. while its great for tg4 i think the gaa should demand that national league finals be carried on rte1 or 2.
Didn't TG4 offer the most for the rights for the NFL/NHL . If RTE arent going to pay the most no point not taking it from someone else
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

Star Spangler

Quotewhile its great for tg4 i think the gaa should demand that national league finals be carried on rte1 or 2.
Why should TG4 not carry it?  It's not like they're subscription.

Aghdavoyle

RTE own tg4. they are run under the same budget and rte just decide where they'll what before bidding approprietly

AnDunYeGo

RTE are pretty crap, that sunday sport show is a joke, i know this has been said before about them showin more of the "weekly club" segment than actual highlights.
TG4 coverage is second to none, sitting on a sunday (hangover or no hangover) since the start of the league and wachin one or two matches is great or even the saturday night matches. long may it continue

thejuice

Quote309,000.

Only 22,000 at the game however  ???
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

didlyi

Dont beleive there was onlyy 22,000 at the match. Seemed like easily over 30k to me

Gnevin

Quote from: Aghdavoyle on May 01, 2007, 03:40:13 PM

RTE own tg4. they are run under the same budget and rte just decide where they'll what before bidding approprietly
Not anyone the are independent operators now I believe
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

ExiledGael

Fair play to TG4, they are the only ones interested in showing NFL/NHL and they also broadcasted a fantastic Sigerson Cup final this year, was at the game itself so didn't see the coverage but it's good news for GAA fans that TG4 are doing well and will continue to pump whatever money they can into covering the GAA

Deal_Me_In

Plus they offer an excellent website facility too watch the games again after they have been broadcast. Their coverage of GAA related material is 10 times better than RTE ever was

kilkennycat2004

Quote from: didlyi on May 01, 2007, 04:07:33 PM
Dont beleive there was onlyy 22,000 at the match. Seemed like easily over 30k to me

The proper attendance figure was probably 32,000.
Two stands almost fulll & one terrace in operation with at least 5,000 on it.

cavan4ever

How do they work out how many were watching on tv?

An Cloch Scoilte

Quote from: magickingdom on May 01, 2007, 03:23:42 PM

Wise yourself up magickingdom!!!
Why should TG4 do all the hard work reporting on all the league games only for RTÉ to step in for the glamour games!
It doesn't make sense, and wouldn't happen anywhere else so why should it happen here!!!

tayto

I wonder would more people watch if it was on RTÉ? you know, with the commentary and analysis in english. Dosent bother me and all, think TG4 do a great job but would it be more accesable to floating viewers.

magickingdom

my point is that paint drying on rte 1 will be watched by more people than paint drying on rte 2 and infinately more people than tg4. all i'm saying is the national leagues finals are been treated poorly. a few years ago the final was played in limerick at 5 oclock in the evening and drew 7500. thats a disgrace for the second most important competition. nicky brennan commented on the fact that it can start with a bang and end with a wimper. tg4 do great work period but the two finals should be in croke park on the same sunday (last sunday in april) every year and promoted on rte 1 or 2...