Armagh v Cavan 29/5/2016

Started by tonto1888, May 03, 2016, 07:49:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrdeeds

Westside from what I heard McEnroe not fully back. Still bases in London. Ramor not even sure what his story is.

BennyCake

Quote from: Itchy on May 04, 2016, 07:23:41 PM
I heard that every gym in the county is booked out for the week before the game.

Sounds like all Armagh supporters are getting beefed up for this one too.

general_lee

Will yous boys watch it on tv or will ya part with a few euro and go to the match?  ;)

armaghniac

Quote from: general_lee on May 04, 2016, 11:39:22 PM
Will yous boys watch it on tv or will ya part with a few euro and go to the match?  ;)

They'll probably stand on a neighbouring Drumlin to save the cost of the electricity.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

illdecide

Quote from: Westside on May 04, 2016, 05:56:23 PM
Cavan currently in Portugal for a training camp. Strange given that our coffers are empty, perhaps it's player funded.

Going to be a difficult game for Cavan, Armagh will be sore from the tanking they got on their last trip to Breffni, they ended the league well though and will be hoping to carry that momentum into this game.

Cavan ended the league proper on a high before Tyrone (in second gear) gave us a little reminder of how far we still have to go in the Final. Hopefully the defeat won't have had the same effect on the squad as the 2014 League Final defeat did.

I think Killian Brady is most likely to lose his place from our last few League outings and he could feel slightly hard done by if he does. I just have a feeling Terry will be reluctant to start without Feargal Flanagan if he's fit and Gunner can be hit and miss. Other than than that I think Johnston will keep his place despite a bad showing against Tyrone and James McEnroe will force his way onto the 26 after his late return.

Cavan are now a Division 1 side, Armagh are Division 3. Cavan simply have to win this game if we have serious aspirations of giving Ulster a rattle or making it to a Quarter Final.

Also looking forward to welcoming the wonderful Armagh supports to Breffni again, let's see if they can break their 2013 Championship record for elderly men threatened in the stands and the word "c***" roared at the ref and Cavan players.

You're a Division 1 side and Armagh are a Division 3 side, you beat Armagh by 17 pts in league so you have a handy path to semi finals...nothing to fear from Armagh ;D

I'm an Armagh fan and you're putting me in with that, you get half a dozen balloons going to a game and you compare the other 5000 to them ::), I'm sure you Cavan men are all well behaved, big friendly Farmers who don't use bad language and like to splash their dosh following their beloved team ;)
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

armaghniac

Given Cavan's cheating training trip, the only fair solution is to expel them forthwith from the Ulster championship.
http://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/gaelic-football/monaghan-and-cavan-in-dock-for-breaking-training-camp-ban-34686550.html

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

SimonSays

Def not looking forward to going to cavan for this one,,,sure you cant move for tractors and flustered looking sheep

BennyCake

Quote from: SimonSays on May 05, 2016, 03:43:38 PM
Def not looking forward to going to cavan for this one,,,sure you cant move for tractors and flustered looking sheep

The potholes don't get a mention? They must have disappeared so.

Itchy

Cavan Co Co have brought a record amount of portable toilets in an attempt to stop drunken Armagh people pissing all over the streets.

tommysmith

Quote from: Itchy on May 05, 2016, 10:52:12 PM
Cavan Co Co have brought a record amount of portable toilets in an attempt to stop drunken Armagh people pissing all over the streets.

Well done.

Westside

Quote from: illdecide on May 05, 2016, 09:37:01 AM
Cavan currently in Portugal for a training camp. Strange given that our coffers are empty, perhaps it's player funded.

Going to be a difficult game for Cavan, Armagh will be sore from the tanking they got on their last trip to Breffni, they ended the league well though and will be hoping to carry that momentum into this game.

Cavan ended the league proper on a high before Tyrone (in second gear) gave us a little reminder of how far we still have to go in the Final. Hopefully the defeat won't have had the same effect on the squad as the 2014 League Final defeat did.

I think Killian Brady is most likely to lose his place from our last few League outings and he could feel slightly hard done by if he does. I just have a feeling Terry will be reluctant to start without Feargal Flanagan if he's fit and Gunner can be hit and miss. Other than than that I think Johnston will keep his place despite a bad showing against Tyrone and James McEnroe will force his way onto the 26 after his late return.

Cavan are now a Division 1 side, Armagh are Division 3. Cavan simply have to win this game if we have serious aspirations of giving Ulster a rattle or making it to a Quarter Final.

Also looking forward to welcoming the wonderful Armagh supports to Breffni again, let's see if they can break their 2013 Championship record for elderly men threatened in the stands and the word "c***" roared at the ref and Cavan players.

You're a Division 1 side and Armagh are a Division 3 side, you beat Armagh by 17 pts in league so you have a handy path to semi finals...nothing to fear from Armagh ;D

I'm an Armagh fan and you're putting me in with that, you get half a dozen balloons going to a game and you compare the other 5000 to them ::), I'm sure you Cavan men are all well behaved, big friendly Farmers who don't use bad language and like to splash their dosh following their beloved team ;)

The half dozen must position themselves around me in the stands at every Cavan v Armagh game! If I were to generalise, I'd say they're a vile bunch. A slightly less arrogant version of Tyrone fans. Probably a few decent folk mixed in there somewhere so don't take it personally.

Armagh will give us lots of it and it wouldn't be too shocking if they beat us. But at the end of the day they're a very ordinary side and if we can't beat them with what's the best panel we have assembled in a number of years then we aren't as improved as we would like to think.

McEnroe was in Portugal with the team anyways mrdeeds  so I'd say he's involved at some level at least.

Throw ball

Quote from: Westside on May 06, 2016, 03:03:35 PM

The half dozen must position themselves around me in the stands at every Cavan v Armagh game! If I were to generalise, I'd say they're a vile bunch. A slightly less arrogant version of Tyrone fans. Probably a few decent folk mixed in there somewhere so don't take it personally.

Armagh will give us lots of it and it wouldn't be too shocking if they beat us. But at the end of the day they're a very ordinary side and if we can't beat them with what's the best panel we have assembled in a number of years then we aren't as improved as we would like to think.

McEnroe was in Portugal with the team anyways mrdeeds  so I'd say he's involved at some level at least.

We are generally a very civilized bunch in Armagh!

In truth Armagh are short 5 first choice players this summer even before any squad injuries are taken into account - Morgan, Dyas, Murnin are injured long term and Caolan Rafferty and Jamie Clarke are abroad. As these are also 5 of our better players any team that cannot beat Armagh will probably not be up to much.

BennyCake

Galway, Tyrone and Derry failed to beat us. They're all obviously useless.

illdecide

8/15 Cavan 15/2 Armagh 15/8

Strong favourites there Cavan. Cavan -2pts 11/10 is free money
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Applesisapples

Quote from: Westside on May 06, 2016, 03:03:35 PM

Ever think that maybe just maybe your demeanour as displayed in your insightful posts on here might have something to do with those around you becoming agitated?