Minors 2016

Started by twohands!!!, April 13, 2016, 10:44:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

twohands!!!

Quote from: Chimley on August 28, 2016, 02:45:12 PM
Quote from: Dinny Breen on August 28, 2016, 02:42:45 PM
Depressing enough - started well but as soon Kerry took control of midfield our inside line were starved and what little ball we had delivery was poor and too many mistakes. Plan A of our kick out strategy was go long Plan B was see Plan A. Midfield was always a worry but Kerry's middle 8 just dominated us. These two semi defeats in a row just feeds into our fragile pysch and the cycle continues.

It's always disappointing to lose at this stage but you'll get a few nice prospects from this team.

I wouldn't be surprised if Kildare did better than Donegal in terms of getting lads for senior out of the 2 losing semi-finalists.

Wildweasel74

Whats the closest any team got to them this year??

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: Dinny Breen on August 28, 2016, 02:42:45 PM
These two semi defeats in a row just feeds into our fragile pysch and the cycle continues.

There's no end to it.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on August 28, 2016, 02:50:26 PM
Whats the closest any team got to them this year??

Think they only beat Clare by 6 or 7 points. Something like that anyway. Cork they beat by 6 as well I think.

Cunny Funt

Kerry just moved up the gears to steamroll past Kildare. Galway have a massive task on their hands to topple that Kerry side but hopefully it is at least competitive.

macdanger2

Quote from: Jinxy on August 28, 2016, 02:39:23 PM
How's Clifford playing?
I only really saw him in action back in the Hogan final but he looked to have all the tools.

Very assured on the ball, looks excellent.

GalwayBayBoy

Met a lad from Kerry last week who told me next year's Kerry minor team will be even better than this year's. Clifford of course is still minor again next year.

Captain Obvious

2-26  :o has that type of scoring ever happen in a minor semi final before? So Kerry minors on the verge of winning three minor All Irelands in a row. Jack O Connor should have some pick for the Kerry U21s next year.

Chimley

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on August 28, 2016, 02:59:17 PM
Met a lad from Kerry last week who told me next year's Kerry minor team will be even better than this year's.

Yerra

Jinxy

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on August 28, 2016, 02:59:17 PM
Met a lad from Kerry last week who told me next year's Kerry minor team will be even better than this year's. Clifford of course is still minor again next year.

Is he?
Does it not go to u-17 next year?
If you were any use you'd be playing.

mackers

It goes to u17 the year after next.
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

moysider

Yerra, minors are minors. Nothing to get excited about.

macdanger2

Quote from: moysider on August 28, 2016, 11:54:34 PM

Yerra, minors are minors.

Next year they are. After that some minors aren't minors at all

moysider

Quote from: macdanger2 on August 28, 2016, 11:56:46 PM

I know. What I meant was underage stuff can be great to watch but even on the better teams few enough players make the cut at senior.

Cunny Funt

Quote from: moysider on August 29, 2016, 12:11:53 AM
Quote from: macdanger2 on August 28, 2016, 11:56:46 PM

I know. What I meant was underage stuff can be great to watch but even on the better teams few enough players make the cut at senior.
For a 3rd year in a row Kerry are dominating the U18 grade be it county or schools level. They should get more than a few to make the cut at senior level in the years ahead.